/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

That balding though edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/WaB1BTBJ

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations :
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!o5g3nAiY!Mv1fVljpCfCWykQW-fTqycWvq4zQ-5aRuTxUpMsN_F8

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/httpwwwmoddbcommodsediteurope-in-flames-wb
steamcommunity.com/games/mb_warband/announcements/detail/585863462567815902
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

balding is natural, asshole

do NOT bully bannerlord devs

First for Rich Scholarly Warrior Kings

>tfw through the entire existence of warband there hasn't been a single 30yrs war mod
Why?
The setting is like perfect for playing as a merc company captain.

I know, I experience it firsthand

>mod has guns

I don't know user, spears feel more like waving sticks in warband than real spears
Yes you can kill a nigga with it but it doesn't feel like how a spear should work
In Tiger Knight spears can have four directional attacks (depending on the weapon design) in both horse and foot. That alone makes them more viable than Warband, even more so for the AI.
The game just has a lot of features that would be perfect to see in Bannerlord, shame its servers are shit

um

lad

moddb.com/mods/httpwwwmoddbcommodsediteurope-in-flames-wb

>Yes you can kill a nigga with it but it doesn't feel like how a spear should work
what did he mean by this

Spears in warband are fine. Any weapon in warband is "viable" if you're good enough

I am unironically still bothered by this I want to play geko, but I feel like I cheated

>I don't know user, spears feel more like waving sticks in warband than real spears
That's on you though
Thrusting is 10 times more effective than swinging
You really only should swing to gain some distance or to stun them to get a second free hit

Tbh I leave it on and never see much difference, because I naturally pick one of the two teams of companions that tolerate each others.
Even then a companion might not leave if he complains.
And IIRC they only complain once per game so really its mmore of a meme than a real annoyance

steamcommunity.com/games/mb_warband/announcements/detail/585863462567815902
new war band update

Spears in Warband don't work like you would except a spear to work, you don't really hit the enemy with the shaft, which makes shit like swings fucking retarded on any spear that isn't designed for it. That's what I mean.
I wish I could find a video showing the moveset of spears in the game, it really makes them look like spears instead of sticks.

No to that point.
More like the guy in OP pic

dude

no the thing in geko is that they don't actually leave you, it doesn't just turn of the complaints, it turns off them leaving all together

I suppose one way of fixing this is turning the option off and letting some of these cunts run off

Why does it matter that there are 8 women on the dev team?

it doesn't

Has anyone else tried out Tiger Knight: Empire War and what do you think of it compared to M&B? Personally, it feels like I'm playing M&B on easy mode with Chinese people yelling at me everywhere.

FUCK OFF CHINK SHILL

SHIT GAME POOR OPTIMIZATION CHINK BOTNET

This guy is a shill, right?

He's a colombian weeb with bad taste.

yes

Yeah, the game is pretty damn laggy, but my FPS hasn't dipped below 60 on high. Why do devs think it's okay to set cheap ass servers up in US West when the east is more populated? And I'm not shilling for the game you cripplechan rejects, it's pretty inferior to M&B despite the combat being similar. Would rather just play Gloria Victis.

Where the FUCK is Jeremus?

hi tovias

This is what I was talking about regarding the spears, I would kill for Bannerlord to actually have weapon specific animation instead of all polearms sharing the same.

I'm playing AD1257 and let me tell you one thing, i don't get 3 companions everytime i get a fief from each unique kingdom, this sucks i wanted an army of companions.

is there a list of what kingdoms give companions for sure?

Whoa! This looks awesome, what game is this?!

Spears are still good in warband though

they're better than daggers and they do fine against AI but trying to fight a competent player with a sword using a polearm that can only stab is hell

War of the rose: medieval warfare: deadliest warior with pirates and viking!

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

MurderEyesAnon?

I've seen people pretty crazy with them but I still believe that having some proper attack animations for it instead of waving the stick like a true peasant.
I am not saying spears in Warband are not good for combat but rather that the way it's done in Tiger Knight would be perfect for Bannerlord, each weapon has different attack set depending on its characteristics instead of just the type.
Another thing it has is that some 2H weapons, like the two handed axe actually have a lower attack, something like an under slash which is way better than being limited to overhead slash

>but trying to fight a competent player with a sword using a polearm that can only stab is hell
>spears can only stab
spears are great weapons for duelling because the swing attacks stun your opponent

IGNORE SHILL POSTS

DO NOT REPLY TO SHILL POSTERS

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

This is my Kingdom, after 390 days or around so. How am I doing?

thank you so much

The awlpikes is one of the best weapon in the game though
Unless you're trying to fight with a lance or a spear+shield combo then in this case the problem is on you for being retarded

Got 3 when I was in Teuton order then went crusading in the holy land and got 3 more. I lost the list

are you me? you got the 3 guys using teutonic clothes and then on the holy land you got 3 guys with mamluk like names right? because i went into the scandinavian kingdoms and got many fiefs but not a single one gave me a companion, the same with polish territory and european one, i have the fear italians don't get one too.

Is Oriental Empires any good?

spear + shield combo is fine so long as you're holding a position and are playing second fiddle to a guy with a two hander, you just absorb arrows and poke at anyone attacking the other guy, stealing a few kills.

excellent for bottlenecks.

I think it's 3 companions for every religion, Catholic, Orthodox, Mongol, Muslim

So should I join Swadia or Rhodok as a beginner player. I've never beaten the game btw

Yea it works pretty well as a support role
But it doesn't work if you actually need to fight somebody because of the speed and damage reduction

/mbg/ tends to lean towards the Sarranid Sultanate as the best faction. Stick with them and you'll be fine

Join Swadia for the true beginner experience
If you ever get the chance to get your hands on Dhirim, do it. It's a safe bet.

its cultures not kingdoms, so you have muslims, mongols, balts, orthodox and catholica

Swadia.

you'll get used and abused in non-stop warfare, you'll have access to acceptable to great units of all kinds, and you'll have an easier time climbing the political ladder with everyone else getting fucking REKT early on.

also a lot of profit to be made from the bandit infestation around Uxhal. They aren't so tough but they're EVERYWHERE.

really, Swadia is the best if you want the full warband experience.

Swadia cavalry spam for easy battlefield gameplay.
Rhodoks for units that aren't useless in sieges

Okay, because I thought the Swadia knights are the best in the game or something

The Khergit Khanate is the best new player experience this game can offer.
Swadia is boring easy mode. Rhodoks is slightly less boring easy mode.
I'd go with the mountain jews just because of how unfun playing swadia is.

what about balt?
also who are the catholic and the orthodox?

For field battles Swadian knights are indeed the easiest most faceroll unit

>Bruans(((berg)))

what nations give me the balts? i captured all of the balt territory but it turned into teutonic land and gave only teutonic recruits.

>what about balt?
forgot about them
>also who are the catholic and the orthodox?
if you know which kingdoms historically fell on which side of the schism you should be able to tell which is which. generally western europe is catholic, eastern europe is orthodox.

hope you lads are not suggesting that spears being limited to a single direction thrust and three directional swings is anywhere near acceptable.

it's not optimal but it's not as bad as you're trying to suggest it is

trust + stagger or stopping enemy upon blocking said trust would be acceptable.

you SHOULDN'T be able to walk right up to a guy with a pokey stick. That means getting skewered.

ok, balts are reduced to only 1 fief once i turned their kingdoms into teutonic territory so ill need to find the only castle that give balt nobles and make that vassal be marked for treason, while talking about this, can i put one of the merc companions as my second in command of my kingdom and then hire other companion that works exactly like him like nestor and charles? so i can have more companions.

I think its West Europe, East Europe and Africa/Middle east

I wish the user who made the modded one with flails and upstab add more companions.
and even the same "knights order" shit from PoP.

the biggest problem with spears is 'whiffing' it doesn't make sense and it has to go

>it doesn't make sense and it has to go
neither does your made up term
what the fuck is whiffing

the knight orders are my favorite thing in PoP that and that one sword that does Piercing damaging.

Shits bonkers

yeah shame it wans't ported over into 1257 shit would be too awesome.

when the spear makes contact but bounces off without doing damage, 'whiffing' is what I usually hear it called

aim better

it's called glancing and it happens with literally every weapon

and they can still do damage depending on the situation

Exactly.

Walking into a spearblock without plate should be pretty fucking stupid.

outfuckingskilled

Giving players to stalemate forever or even get a free hit by spamming thrust attacks simply because he bought a spear sounds pretty fucking stupid to me too

mod where i can have top tier javelin throwers?

viking cuckquest

>Play Chaos in Warsword
>Cant see anything in first person because huge pauldrons
>Cant see anything in third person because of hueg axe and hueg armor
>Archeon and the whole army fucks off to Bretonnia while Kislev and the Empire invade our lands

it's has nothing to with aim, it happens when you're opponent is facehugging you, thrusts need a certain range to do damage. it's also unrealistic, if the spear-wielder has any arm strength it shouldn't matter how close he is stabbing.

it's way more frequent with spears because of their length

Prima Nocta is the right of every noble.

it's more frequent with spears because you keep swinging a weapon with 20b damage at someone with 40+ armor in close quarters

Anime tiddies are the right of every noble.

I'm not talking about swinging it only happens on thrusts, it also can happen against completely unarmored opponents

Putting aside that you don't understand what he's saying, you do realise blunt is the most effective against armour right?

This user knows whats up.

pierce is more effective actually

So, how much time until Erdogan gets assassinated by the KGB?

No. It's not.

You mean facehugging like this?

ayyy fuck I only looked at the soak factor before posting that. Ok so I'm actually a retard.

you shouldn't have to spin or play with the thrust animation like that to get spears to work as they are intended

Is the invasion any fun?

This looks so retarded, this is why limiting spears to one thrust is retarded
yes you can play with it but it looks fucking retarded and it only shows the engine in poor iamge

the original argument was that spears don't work and they obviously do

Any sex mods? I wanna fugg a princess

>>>/tesg/