/twg/ Total War General

Roma Edition

>How to watch it
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/beebs-watch-bbc-iplayer-a/opmliiafmgjkgkfadkpomlefdllhajdi
bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcthree

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=F0tOb_bFj70

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iImHWniFSqc
youtube.com/watch?v=TGn5Rmujrt8
m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16834315422
twitter.com/AnonBabble

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ROME

Day 211
Warhammer is still shit.

This thread is claimed for Slaanesh

bedtime stories coming up

he was facepalming so hard at the idiots in charge of the french

sleep tight Nappy

Reminder that Karl is a traitor.

Alright fellow generals, what should I do? Turn 40.

1. Crusade into sylvania.
I actually haven't unlocked volkmar yet, so this doesn't seem appropriate to go in without him, plus I'll have to de corrupt those lands.

2. Unite Averland
Fought a war with them in the past but ended up making peace. I want those lands.

3. Crusade against the wood elves
The wood elves are starting to blob into bretonnia and I don't like it. I normally try to vassalize louen since he can confederate the other bretons, but he is just sitting there atm. Should I vassalize the wood elves instead? They are actually competent, aggressive, and field a ton of armies. I have the least experience fighting them though.

Either deal with the vamps or neet elves.

From my experience, neet elves become a much larger threat than vamps in the endgame thougj.

When's update 6

>Welfs wear pantsu

So do they make their own undies or do they trade with the humies for them?

Remove vamps. Fill their lands with Warrior priests and purge it. Have Volkmar lead the crusade.

Wine buildings in Stirland and Sylvania gives a lot of income in trade agreements.

AND I THINK TO MYSELF

Didn't read

> haven't unlocked volkmar yet
for some reason

Go for elves for now.

The forest provides

Can someone tell me what deploying a warrior priest does?

Population growth I believe.

Voting elves. Let them ramp up and you will regret it lategame, Brettonia will love you forever for saving them.

There's a pantsu tree?

Reduce corruption as well? Or gotta spec that?

Playing chaos for the first time

Why is this guy the only one I'm not at war with, what's his story?

X for Elf Annihilation Campaign.

Wading into Wood Elves territory will give your armies tons of attrition, so move fast and hit hard. Honestly I hate fighting the Wood Elves as Empire so I'd run in there, sack all the buildings for huge profits, then raze that fat fucking Oak to the ground.

I dont know to be honest, think they have some hidden corruption reducal, at least every warrior priest ever in my vamp territory seems to have it. But yeah, they can spec for it as well.

fuck off hylek scum

>Plantsu

bit pointless when he dies like turn one

Sorry faggot, best god coming through

G O B L I N S

Oda (ashigaru), chosokabe (archers) or Uesugi (monks)

You don't start at war with a lot of other factions though. You just haven't discovered them yet.

Those guys are just greenskins.

Wait, do their outposts cause attrition too? Or just athel loren.

>Khorne
>best god

Wow user, I never realized you had such shitty plebeian taste

Tokugawa

Ah okay, got any protips?

None, Otomo or bust

play Uesugi

>What is your favorite meme?
>What meme do you hate the most?
>what other meme would you like to mention

ill begin.
i really like the "gonna stab" because i love how gobboes say it
i hate the maze doloras meme, because it does not make any sense
i'd like to mention the good old "mfw tomb kangz not yet announced" because its classic tww meme.

You can try to rush Kislev for some nice money. Or you could do the long boring Norscan campaign. Awake any possible factions and declare war on them right away to vassalize them(this prevents them from declaring war on your future allies or vassals)

Excuse me, but you posted the wrong Chaos god. Nurglefags need not apply either.

Just Athel Loren

Dont awaken more than 1 tribe
If you awaken a tribe, attack them and subjegate them
Dont leave the nord for a good while till you got a semi competent army at least.
Try to get the chaos warrior building ASAP
Rush the + growth skill in the blue tree first, along with lightning strike.

I like party hard, pontus and goblins.

Chosokabe is fun, user, but it's probably too easy. And Oda gets so many important ashigaru buffs that they're kind of simple too. Go for Uesugi and kill every Christian you see.

thanks lassies

>literally just a Metallica concert

Khorne is complete shit

The trade with humans. That is, they trade their used tree-grown panties for amber

It's worth to help your norscan subject out. Your regeneration outside of allied territory is terrible, as in. It'd be faster to make an army from scratch terrible.

Which is easier

Chosokabe or Shimazu?

Merry christmas you memetic fucks

youtube.com/watch?v=iImHWniFSqc

youtube.com/watch?v=TGn5Rmujrt8

Merging and recruiting new units will be no problem when he is swimming in dosh later on.

While the Ashigaru buffs make Oda great in combat. their campaign position is a nightmare.

I am the Supreme Patriarch.

I want to recruit tercios with accuracy bonus as Otomo, should I raze the port in my starting province and rebuild it in one with a accuracy buffs? will I be able to build it straight away or will I need an event or something?

dont you need to awake 3 tribes to get sexy Scandinavian?

someones missing..

Chosokabe is the easiest campaign because they improve the already incredibly dominant archers. You can easily win a siege defense with minimal effort by just lining every wall with yumis to begin with, and the Chosokabe make it just that much easier.

Reminder war hawks have ducks

Who's the guy at :08?

>the base Dolores because I'm one of its posters so know it's not just one SHIT poster
>cavalry because they always post the bad version
>lord screech because he's my inner autist

>tfw recruit rank 8
feels good man

>6 armies on turn 33
How

>Gobbo archers

Azhag is cute.

>volkmar is not arch lector
>todbringer is not reiksmarshal
Shit m8

I got a question for the day crowd. I recently bought a new laptop and I need to know can I play Attila on quality settings? m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16834315422

this

>rank eight state troops with full army skills on their lord
>still inferior to turn one dwarf warriors and quarrellers

o i am laffin.

probably just recruiting lords and then disbanding the army to fill some of the more campaign based positions

I've started playing FotS with Aizu on VH and I have some questions:
How do I manage economy? Everything's pretty expensive and I'm forced to have small armies in order not to cripple my clan's revenue, but having small armies slows me too much and results in me being overwhelmed by the AI.
Diplomacy is pretty fucked, I constantly have allies changing allegiance and turning into enemies, how do I play around that?

After playing with Dawi ranged weapons I can never go back to Empire ranged. Quarrelers and Thunderers are just so fucking good, holy shit. I miss good cavalry tho

>Not "The Emperor's Eye" Boris Todbringer

>Seleucid bully not so tough after getting raped
>that "best elf" faggotry

Dwarves.

Empire position is just so much more fun desu, and handgunners are gr8.

You don't play empire for their ranged weapons. You play them for their brass balls.

I can't wait for the expansion that brings the chaos daemon armies so I'll have guys with just a chest plate and spear fight literal demons from hell.

Can you trade with all the nations or is it limited by the amount of stuff you produce?

Playing coop campagin Clan Angrund-Wood Elves on hard. But it's very hard +50% upkeep and my mountain empire is really spread. Turn 130 Chaos invasion destroyed half of the Empire in last time 4 stacks of Tilea came to rescue. Dwarf Kingoms of Throgrim destroyed half in ruin by VC rest taken over by Orcs who are Power nr 1 . Can't even get near Karak Eight Peaks because can't afford more than 2,5 army and being under attack of chaos na VC. The End Times has come.

>Todbringer as Reiksmarshal
>Not Kurt Helborg

Volkmar is the Grand Teoghonist

>by human standards, dwarf maidens are thoroughly spoiled
Hoo boy, as if modern """women""" weren't bad enough...

This is what a full army skilled lord looks like. These guys can stand up to anything for just 300 shekels a unit. Melee attack and defence are much more important than armor from what I've found.

Uesugi are the most stylish

>killed or captured is an unthinkable disgrace
this will have to go down in the book

I love the look of roman shields in formation coming to roll everything. Plus if you manage to hammer&anvil with legionaries you get pila volleys+charge all in one neat package

damn this nigga strong

Has CA said or even hinted anything about increasing the size of the current campaign map, especially the land West of the Empire?

Bretonnia is fucking tiny in the current game, when actual Old World Maps have it being almost as large as The Empire. Without a bigger landmass the Bretonnia campaigns are going to be boring as hell.

>tfw no qt roman-egyptian soldier gf

Why live?

Not to my knowledge but lets hope so

Reminder

damn, I want to play as Tsu, but because you start as imperial you can't get the french, such a shame, I don't want the brits or the americans, because the french infantry have the best ranged stats and their ironclad can fucking ram other ships

If Brets ever get their own mini-campaign then they might get a larger map.

The GC map will already be the largest map CA has ever made if they really are able to follow up on their promise of combining the maps of all three games/expansions.

GC maps have never been intended in any Total War game to encompass everything, only the most important cities get included. I'm not against Brets getting bigger as they expand the map if CA thinks it's a good idea, but making the map bigger for the sake of making it bigger will likely never happen.

So then we're agreed that short-hair elfs are best elfs?

>ywn be this good at micromanaging an army in TWW

>If Brets ever get their own mini-campaign
Why would a free faction get a minicampaign bundled? it's not like they can double their price or anything

>dwarfs can expect to die as bachelors
>dwarfs are a race of wojacks

So chaos dwarfs are pepes since they rejected the traditions of dwarfkind in favor of magic

Try to confederate Stirland. If Averland is on bad terms with you and deteriorating then wait it out, build your economy and fight then when they come for you. Ignore vamps for now but keep an army near the border if you can, they are unpredictable. Wood elves need to be fucked hard at some point but a foreign crusade into the forest will be costly and could leave you weak at home for almost nothing as they aren't really your problem yet. Either way keep a good stack at home to deter the curious. The wealth that at least wissenland would bring in is worth taking on Averland for. The wood elves will become your problem after them anyway and if you can get them committed to fighting the bretons first then it will be easier. Don't be America and start an unnecessary foreign war.

Absolutely not.

>The GC map will already be the largest map CA has ever made if they really are able to follow up on their promise of combining the maps of all three games/expansions.

You do realize they're just going to pull the same shit they did in Empire where the three maps are only connected by specific nodes on the edges yeah?

It's going to be necessary, otherwise the Bretonnia campaign will only ever play out in 1-2 ways. With Wood Elves, Beastmen, and Belegar's clan the Bretonnia area is quickly becoming overcrowded.

There needs to be more area for the Horde factions to use, and one or two Orc clans need to be added in, half of Bretonnian lore is about riding down thousands of Greenskins on horseback.