Tire

Is this repiarable or will i have to dish 100 out shekels for a replacement

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3aQRO29ZzbE?t=4m41s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Big name shops won't fix it because it's to close to the edge of the tread but you can go to a smaller shop and they will patch or plug it or you can get a tire plug just and do it yourself.

You don't look to have a lot of tread left anyway, OP. Probably better to just eat the cost of a new pair of tires anyway, and save paying for a plug.

Those tires aren't even down to wear markers, he still has months left in them at least. Buy a gummy worm plug kit and do it at home.

That's pretty goddamn close. Give it a shot if you really want

>patching a motorcycle tire

I truly hope you die in a high speed crash, and have the highway divider make mince meat out of you.

Ate thos repair kits temporary or,will they last me a while

I've put over 20k miles on a tire with a plug in it with no issues

Alright any specific brands or do i just go to Ogayllis and get the first one i see

>confirmed for being a retard

just read the amazon reviews nigga

If you can find the red ones they're a little more heavy duty than the black ones other than that any brand will do

I've plugged hundreds of motorcycle tires with tar thread plugs and never had an issue off any sort.

Cruisers, sport bikes, and dirt bikes (to seal dirt out of the tube)

You're a moron.

>confirmed for being delusional

This isnt a car. When a tire fails on a car you usually dont flip over, and if you do, you have the cage to protect you. On a motorcycle you have two tires. Any failure means death.
Enjoy dying.

There is nothing about a motorcycle tire that makes a plug not work or unsafe.

Nothing about a plug makes a tire likely to catastrophically fail. You're a moron.

enjoy spening $100+ on a new tire when a $0.99 plug will fix it without issue.

>nobike

oh right, why do I even bother with you retards.

You have to try to get it home somehow asshole.

>Nothing about a plug makes a tire likely to catastrophically fail. You're a moron.
absolutely incorrect. a plug does not prevent air from penetrating between the plies of the tread and eventually causing tread separation. There is a reason that plugs are not an approved repair method.

That's retarded. Those aren't bad at all.

>owning a bike with no secondary vehicle
>being so socially inept you don't have a friend with a truck

Might be repairable. You'd have to have the tire shop dismount the tire and look. Had a nail in the tire of my G35 in about that same place and they were able to plug it. They said it was really close to being a no-go though.

> Being this retarded
A patch takes all of 5 min.

looks fixable to me. check out this video and see if you think it's worth saving money doing yourself. (the guy's defo autistic and his voice can get annoying, but the video is very well done and he knows what he's doing.)
youtu.be/3aQRO29ZzbE?t=4m41s
if you're up for it, do it. otherwise, take it to the shop.

side note, the object in your tire is very close to the edge of the track, and could damage the tire when removed, so I'd be very careful about removing it and patching the hole. If this is your first time doing this kind of thing, take it to the shop.

Those plugs should last as long as the tires. You can just buy the cheap $5 kits. Comes with 4 or 5 plugs, the two tools, and maybe some rubber cement. I have done it a ton of times on different cars and always have to get new tires for some other reason before the plugs fail.

Damn, that looks nice. Last plug kit I bought from the gas station, the tools in it were so shitty and the handle on the one rough thing was about to break off.

You can patch it yourself, but most places will refuse, and the chance of that patch failing due to the natural flexing of the tire under load is super high, and gets higher if you don't keep the pressure up. You will have a good part of the patch clinging to the sidewall.

t. Ex-express tech

>Confirmed for faggot who never rides more than 15 miles away from home

What the fuck am I supposed to do when I'm three states away? Sit there and cry?

I will add however that I have never seen a properly applied patch plug fail. Clean and rough up the inner surface good and apply the right amount of vulcanizing paste and it should stay intact for the life of the tire.

Again: don't let the air get low.

>You will have a good part of the patch clinging to the sidewall.

This is an issue with patches close to the side. Not so much with plugs.

Perhaps. If you get it plugged you'll need to monitor the plug & the part of the sidewall closest to the plug to see if there is any bulging. Some bulging is likely, but the real danger is that bigger parts of the cord have been damaged, which makes the tire unsafe

You won't really know until you get it plugged, if you can find a shop willing or you do it yourself

Plugs are shit, patches are shit. Patch-plugs only.

some faggot knifed my tire right through the sidewall on a 35 series tire,6 of those ugly rattail plugs later it holds air

ive done multiple burnouts on the plugged sidewall and its still holding

Fucking this. I was a fleet tech for the city and was astounded how they merely plugged all punctured tires and threw them back onto their fleet
OP, same kind of puncture happened to me earlier this year. I said fugg it and bought a new set of tires because
>AWD

i know these feels op

That is an easy patch. It's nowhere near the sidewall. $15 and 20 minutes at any service stop and that's done.

If you have free repairs from where you bought the tires and they us a plug-patch, you should be good.

somehow I managed to a fucking nail head-deep in my sidewall last summer. Truck tires are expensive.

Op here. I got it patched by a local beaner tire shop and im driving to Utah from California right no and so far its great kek

I've done that on my bike too. worst part it got a flat in the ghetto

rode home at 30mph. replaced the tire right away

Try $230 you fucking poor fag

Paying $230 for a single motorcycle tire is legitimately retarded.