Brehs

brehs

do any of you own a car with a V12. I was thinking about buying an older SL-600 for dat biturbo V12. What's it like owning one? Maintenance costs?

ffffffffffuark I need a V12 in my life. It's calling for me.

I own a car with 1/3 of a V-12.
And another with 1/2 of a V-12.

They're k.

If you can't afford it new, You can't afford it used.

/thread

Even if the price new was several orders of magnitude higher?

Most cars with V12s don't degrade well, the parts are so rare and there's no aftermarket, so it can be really hard to find anything when something breaks.

Fun to drive though, I had a 600SEL for a while and it was great except for all the terrible electrical gremlins

Just have 3-5k in reserve for when something goes wrong.

What do you currently drive?

Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a backup car for when you are waiting for parts when something breaks.

1st gen SC300

Yes. Things depreciate for a reason.

Find a '60s GMC semi with a 702.

Just go with a na v12 r129

He assumed you can't afford to maintain it. That's a question only you know the answer to. The R129 you have pictured came with a naturally aspired V12. The later R230 SL600 also had a NA V12 and the SL65 AMG had the biturbo. An absolute beast.

R230 SL600s are also biturbo. Source: I read the blurbs in Gran Turismo 4. Also no NA 5.5 liter is makin dem torks.

you own a V4?

That's a thing

enjoy your 24 spark plug changes

You gonna keep it or trade it?

Lol. R129 SL600s weren't turboed. I own a 90 500SL and the maintenance is huge. Unless you buy one that's been maintained properly, stay far away. I bought mine for $5000 and put $3000 until I forgot to torque my valve cover gaskets. So this latest bill will be around $2000.

What happened that a leaking valve cover resulted in a two thousand dollar repair?

Hey user
What can I help you with

guess how much it costs to change the spark plugs on a v12?

guess where those carbon ceramic brake rotors can only be purchased from

guess how much those 305 rear tires cost

the lights arnt even hid

do you even know how to work on the crowning flagship model of mercedes from that year?

wanna guess how many options are packed into that car?

4cyl civic owner detected
I don't think you know any of those things either

horrid cars. unbelievably heavy, wiring harness is biodegradable, suspension failures, plastic interior turns to dust. my mom had a 99 500 for a long time and we did all the work to it, car was definitely not worth the trouble.

The most expensive car you will ever own is a cheap V12 merc.

ITT: Never owned a v12 but here's my input anyway xD

which of my specific points are different between the v8 and the v12?

The engine you fucking retard

that would be great if the OP just wanted a V12 long block to use as a coffee table, but he's asking about the car its in. everyone here has good points about the R129 being pretty shitty, and they arent points that deal with the motor.

Read these
Ignore everything else.

S600 is a godmachine
Although I like the pre-facelifted ones better

you're talking about a $40k (or even as low as $20k like the Maserati I was looking at) car that costs $10k/yr to maintain

you might as well get something newer like a GT-R