Early 2000's high revs

M'Veeky Forumstists, I am looking to purchase an early-to-mid 2000's vehicle as my daily driver that makes a lot of revs and a pleasing sound. I've just about settled on the Celica GT-S or the RSX Type-s.

I'm looking for opinions on handling, reliability, and just general superiority between the two.

inb4:
>""""FWD"""""
>s2000
>meme-iata
>3k civic

I live in Canada and I will get a summer driver at some point, but not now.

If you have any other suggestions that can be found in Ontario, I'm all ears. Don't recommend some 80s shit to me, I've been to Vancouver and still don't have the taste of salt out of my mouth from how many mint condition JDM and USDM 80s/90s cars they had. Rust kills everything here. Fuck Ontario.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bIrn9niJc5M?t=16
youtube.com/watch?v=-l9FtA4Pc5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I guarantee you every ''high revving'' Honda or Toyota in Ontario burns more oil than gas. People of brown complexion tend to not take very good care of their cars.

2ZZGE wont die if you do oil a bit more frequently than most normal cars.

this too.

what's your budget ?

I got myself a Prelude. 7400 redline, good handling, good chassis, and good interior. I expect the RSX-S will be similar if maybe not as nice inside, but it should do you well. Honda doesn't do high power or rwd, but they do good handling, reliable, fun cars.

S2000 don't be a bitch

MRS with a 2ZZ

I'm willing to go up to 7k.

Please give me more vaguely racist red-pilling about the state of used cars in Ontario, senpais!

>People of brown complexion tend to not take very good care of their cars.
Well excuse you, I have you know that my car loses more coolant than oil

i was looking for something about the same as you kek. ended up with the rsx. test drive em, i found the rsx drove much much nicer for my tastes than the celica.

prelude drives great too but has less space in the trunk, rsx has quite a lot. das what had me choose rsx between the two.

I been inside both cars, the RSX has just a better interior quality. The Celica has a pretty quirky interior and feels like it wraps around you for that "Cockpit" feels.

Both are 6spd, but the Type S comes factory equipped with an LSD.

Both the Celica and RSX have Macpherson Struts front, and Double Wishbones in the rear.

The Celica is slightly lighter than the RSX by ~130lbs.

The 2ZZ-GE actually hits the rev limiter slightly higher than the K20 (8300RPM 2ZZGE; 8250RPM K20). BUT, it depends on which year Celica because they did decrease the rev limit after 2003 I believe. The 2ZZGE has a great feel of that old-school "VTEC KICKED IN YO" while the K20 takes a smoother VTEC engagement. If you want to do forced induction, the K20 has been known to make a lot of power with stock internals than the 2ZZGE.

I don't think you'll go wrong with either car. Just test drive both and see which one fits you.

TL;DR - Flip a coin and buy the car that wins the coin toss.

The RSX-S doesn't have a LSD.

Ah, my bad. The Type R had it, I didn't think they would take it out for the Type S.

Open diff

Which one sounds nicer to you OP?
youtu.be/bIrn9niJc5M?t=16

youtube.com/watch?v=-l9FtA4Pc5s

>cell phone audio
kill it with fire

>VTAK
>VTAK
>VTAK
>VTAK

Seems to contradict you user, at least in the sound of the two cars. I noticed VTAK much more distinctly.

Celica vid had shit sound tho.

Don't you Canadians have the Acura CSX Type-S which is basically the JDM Civic Type-R with the Civic Si engine?
I'd get that if I was Canadian.

Type S all the way. It's a great car. The interior is nice and very comfy. Performance is good and handling is PHENOMENOL. Just Google around. There's practically no drawbacks or common issues with these cars. They last and are damn fun. Make absolutely sure to get a facelift model, though (years 05-06.) This is crucial. They look nicer and have several improvements including more HP, and a 6 speed rather than a 5 speed manual. The 5 speed is finicky and suffers issues with gears popping out. Trust me, an 05-06 type S is the best option for an affordable fun car.

This car is LITERALLY a Civic. At least the RSX tries to hide it by being a little different. The 2006 Civic design until ~2012 makes me a little sick. They are more expensive than them for no reason.

Make sure to drive accurately and on special lines OP

>more expensive for no reason
8th gen civic comes with a k20z3 and an LSD. k20a2 has a better oil pump and that's about it.

I'm saying the CSX Type-S is more expensive than the Civic Si when they are almost exactly the same. Unless there's something else different other than luxury features, the CSX Type-S is not worth it.

All the Type S RSX's have 6 speeds.

There are very few differences between the 02-04 and 05-06 models. It's like 2hp and cosmetics.

s2000 you pussy leaf

An MRS or the Celica. I had a GT back in the day and it was great

I'd say the RSX tops the celica in just about every way

Fuck that macpherson shit, get a Prelude. Double wishbone all round FTW.

>Canada
WRX

Can't find a prelude that hasn't gone to shit.

Fine, due to the demographics of your area you can reasonably expect to nix any VTEC Honda due to the majority of them being poorly taken care of.

Get the nicest car you find in the best condition for $3000. If you pay $7000 you're better off keeping your current shitbox as a winter beater and getting a used GC STi/Evo IV/Type R Honda from Calgary/Vancouver.

You're correct, it was the base that went from 5 to 6 speed. My bad.

How do I go about making sure the engine has not been revved to shit and is not burning oil? Aside from the typical inspection stuff, I wanted to a ppi. I was also told to get measurements for the compression of each cylinder. Are these effective measures to ensure the engine is in good shape?

>I was also told to get measurements for the compression of each cylinder. Are these effective measures to ensure the engine is in good shape?

It checks how well each piston is sealed in the cylinders. So yes.