Car fuses

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.com/Guide/How to check Mercedes W123 Fuses/22559
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've never had a problem with them.

Its really just a piece of metal meant to break when to much current goes though. I don't think its that bad.

Even the dollar store ones?

It's not like there's much that can go wrong with a thing that's supposed to break when overstressed.

>that feeling when something goes wrong but it was just a fuse so its okay

Fuses shouldn't be blowing themselves... And it's pretty hard for one to fail due to vibration. Enjoy your car fire.

If either fuse is bypassed and you have a fire you had bigger problems buddy.

I mean it's a fuse, how could you possibly fuck it up? Unless chinks make the so good that they don't end up breaking

>Fuseblock develops a high resistance connection
>Rad fan fuse
>Plastic fuse body gets... melty
>Voltage goes down, current goes up
>Blows fuse
>Find out about this in 110F weather sitting in traffic
>Figure out what happened
>Find new fuse
>Turn blades on new fuse a little before I jam it in
>Rad fan now works

There's still room for shit to go wrong, but it's easily fixed. I like blade fuses. Much better than whatever the fuck Mercedes uses, and better than glass fuses.

>Much better than whatever the fuck Mercedes uses

they mostly use what is in the op you fuck

Sure thing bucko.

Same thing as what is in the op.

Totally the same thing.

What the fuck are you going on about? Mercedes uses blade fuses, dipshit.

ifixit.com/Guide/How to check Mercedes W123 Fuses/22559

Whatever you say man.

>w123

Kill yourself

But Mercedes uses ONLY blade fuses. Never used anything else. Not once. Nope. Never.

>blade fuses are much better than "whatever the fuck mercedes uses", Mercedes use blade fuses, blade fuses are better than blade fuses

My car keeps blowing the rear defroster light fuse. Defroster itself runs on a seperate circut and works fine but as soon as that light pops on it blows the fuse.

>What the fuck are you going on about? Mercedes uses blade fuses,
That cuck is technically correct but is presenting it in a triggering way here. Mercedes, like most new car manufacturers, use a variety of fuses of which miniblades are the most common by far. The newer cars may have fuses in three places: the main box under the hood which will also have small relays with the blade fuses, an interior instrument and electronics fuse box in the passenger cabin which is all blades, and the fuse box by or on top of the battery which has the biggest main fuses. Those are not blades but look like that eurocuck fuse in

Cars like the original Fiat 500 and others in the 60's and 70's used fuses like this. No one except maybe Russia uses them anymore

I had those in muh 89 volvo

>circuit breaker
Fuckin KW's I drive love to blow fuses so much. Too many electrical gremlins in those old trucks. Tractor I have now, the fuse for the amber clearance lights on top of the tractor and trailer like to go out. And the one I had before, the fuse for the wipers would go out.

I think it's the FL humidity and salt in the air that gets to em because the worst electrical problems come on really humid mornings and will sometimes work themselves out as the wind picks up and humidity goes down. One truck, the turn signals would never work early in the morning or when it was raining but would start working as soon as they dried out.

Funny, I literally just changed the fuses in my VW for the electric windows which have died.

Passenger side was working after I changed. Drivers side still dead. Turned off car and locked it. Opened it again, now passenger side is dead again but works when I reset fuse. Until I lock the fucking car again.

Fucking Volkswagen, man. I hate electrics too, I know nothing about them

Don't bother buying fuses, just grab a handful of OEM quality fuses from a car in the junkyard next time you go. As long as you buy something they don't check your pockets or toolbag at my local pick n pull.