Whats a good car to learn how to drift?

Whats a good car to learn how to drift?
I want to buy an mx5 but I want to keep it nice so I dont want to ruin it trying to drift it

Never have been sideways ever in my life desu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6bhl_lzfRT8
youtube.com/watch?v=0IWKp6vSHos
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honda Civic. You can a 90s model automatic one for next to nothing.

>automatic
>Dorifto
Nigga what?

>Whats a good car to learn how to drift?
Seeing as you're learning, pretty much anything that's RWD and manual. Bonus points for a welded diff, it'd make life easier.
>I want to buy an mx5 but I want to keep it nice so I dont want to ruin it trying to drift it
Don't buy it then, genius

Literally any manual truck with a v8.

Buy two MX5s then, one to keep nice and the other to practice drifting. The MX5 is probably the cheapest driftable car depending on where you live.

>automatic
>fwd
>drift

I'm not sure you understand what drifting is

Find a cheap RWD car that you don't care about thrashing on or utterly destroying. Like a trashed miata or ls400 or some other stereotypical hoon car. Then find an empty, flat parking lot without obstacles that isn't near anything or anyone. Practice. Bonus points if you know people that are willing to teach you how to drift.

>Implying you can't drift in reverse

Smfh

The answer is always going to be the MX-5 Miata. It literally can not be beat. The MX-5 is so fucking good that the best generation (value-wise) ever made (the NB) is worth LESS than the shittier first generation (NA) all because of muh pop-up headlights. These cars are dirt fucking cheap, reliable as hell, and have parts everywhere.

nissan 240sx

What's worse about the NA?
All I know is it has space in the frame for intercooler piping and pre-radiator intakes that the NB does not.

Some trucks have axle wrap that will suspension need work to drift so not entirely true.

>These cars are dirt fucking cheap, reliable as hell
absolutely not

Depending on skill level a Miata may not have enough power to sustain a drift.

Well at the beginning you're gonna be drifting a low power vehicle anyway, right? Plus if you learn to drift a low power vehicle you'll most definitely become a more skilled driver overall.

That's what I think anyway, and I was inspired by the drift king himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=6bhl_lzfRT8

Keep the base model 155 section tyres then.

What did he mean by this?

"Let's buy an eight-six"

Toyota Sequoia

SUV's are the best drift vehicles

wtf?

Rear wheel steering drift? Is this possible?

Volvo 740/940 Turbo > MX5.

Had both MX5 and Volvo 740. The swede tanks are incredibly easy to control in a drift, and has more steering angle.

youtube.com/watch?v=0IWKp6vSHos

Miatas are not drift cars. Kill yourself.

miata is not really a drift car
50:50 weight distribution and short wheelbase is more optimal for grip with some hektik skids from there and there

mustang

a V8 SN95 can be had for less than $5k

How are you guys enjoying your first day on Veeky Forums?

4th Gen f-bodies are much easier to slide around. I've driven LT1 and LS1 6spd f-bodies and every iteration of V8 SN-95 except the Mach 1 and Terminator(rode in one though).

Absolutely.

Yes, I used to do this professionally, that is, until I took an arrow to the knee....