Would you buy this car if it were reliable?

Would you buy this car if it were reliable?

well you see, this is an interesting question because if the shitvette was reliable, it wouldn't be made by GM.

quite literally any other brands beside GM & FCA would be able to make the vette reliable, & you have the added bonus of not owning a car from an autistic brand.

i'd totally buy a corvette that's not made by amerilards

If it were made by Germans or Japs, maybe.

They would need to fix the horrible interior.

Is the non-Z06 Stringray unreliable? I've only heard bad things about the Z06.
That said, yeah, I would.

I'd drive a 3800 swap vette

There was one tweet from an outlier source saying the Grand Sport overheated during testing, but those reports are very few and far in between

The Grand Sport is actually the sweet-spot if you are in the market for a new Corvette.

no, it's slower than the gtr

>two seconds slower at literally half the cost
>nissan has to throw money at a problem to come out on top
nismocucks will defend this

So you admit gm can't compete?

>implying a GM car at GTR price point won't blow it out of the water
>Nissan won't have to put out a 300k car just to stay relevant

Keep grasping for straws, I can smell your bitch tears from here

If gm tries to increase the power on the EXPLOSIVE LT4 anymore it will blow up a lot of things

>projecting
lmao

The only thing the c7 did right was redesign the interior. Everything is a blemish on the corvette name. The worst part is the c7s are actually selling. So any hope with GM correcting their mistake with the c8 isn't looking good. Looks like I'll be keeping my c6 for a few more years. If the c8 is just another c7 then I'll seriously be looking at a cobra.

no because it still has terrible fisher price build quality

I'd buy it, if it weren't reliable

Show me another rwd manual car in this age that competes with it

Basically any car that doesn't overheat after 1 lap

BTFO

viper, 911, cayman gt4, mclaren 650, amg gt s, ferrari 458... pretty much any rwd car over 100k

>inb4 muh manual
flappy paddles>h-shifter deal with it

Turboed 3800, yes.

If it was made by anyone other than GM perhaps. I like the C6 Vette looks but would never ever consider one as I vowed to boycott GM for the rest of my life after experiencing what garbage they produce.

I really wish Ford would make a Corvette competitor.

>Not compound superturbocharged
noobs
well it does cost half the price.
This.

US GM make absolutely horrible cars.

I dont mind EU (German) GM like Opel since their interiors are nice and the chassis are a bit more reliable.

Cant GM just go back to stuffing the SBC 350/LS1 in euro chassis like the opel omega b and call it a day?

If they just gave it awd it would make my short list for sure.

The zo6 vette just has way too much power for only being rwd. Every major review has pretty much said the same thing. To be able to use that power you have to have perfect road conditions, and if your not in those perfect conditions you have to pedal the car hard. Even with doing that it's still a handful as its not very predictably.

I think gm built a good platform with the zo6 but due to cost concerns and my heritage stopped short of building a great platform.

And a reliable engine

Just shove a Gen V LS in there and drop the LT1 meme they are fucking shit

Nailed it. >muh heritage is why america's so behind with cars. When journalists called the awd challenger groundbreaking, i threw up in my mouth a little bit.

The AWD understeer meme is far behind us right?

RWD fag here so i assume JDM had that shit sorted since the 90s

I drove a late 90's Omega once. It felt cheap and junky. Nowhere near the quality of BMW, Mercedes, or VW.

Anything infected by GM should be avoided. They even fucked up Saab before the company completely went under.

>I drove a base model
Yeah nah try driving a decent one.

More in line with the Lotus Carlton and Vauxhaul VXR8

No one in this thread races obviously, so it wont overheat. And i've seen these go around a track in person, probably not being thrashed as much, for like for a whole day without problems. All the new mustangs were having problems tho.

>Pontiac Firebird ultimate Kawaii car

>try driving a decent one
why post that then lmao

>what is the new supercharger lid

>One off engine Calloway C4B
>300rwkw

>Vauxhaul VXR8

Again, I don't care how good a GM product looks or how much power it makes. I will never buy one.

I'd buy it if it had [spoiler] pop up lights[/spoiler]

the German Opel side of GM from the mid 90's to early 200s where actually quite decent

The yank side i completely agree.

Also the Aussie versions had completely different interiors

Btfo kys gm shill will never recuperate etc

Here's the thing about understeer, most cars from the factory are setup to understeer because it's seen as safer than having a car that will oversteer. By simply changing some of the suspension characteristic you can get most cars to want to oversteer. I know on the R35 GTR out of the box it's setup to understeer, but by going to a square tire setup (285 all around) it will want to oversteer by default.

If I was rich enough to own cars as a toy, I would have three, a truck to haul them around in, and to carry spare tires/wheels/engine parts and fuel.

They look fucking fun.

nah its still ugly

no because V8 cars are garbage. its 2016 for fucks sake aka age of V6

>$253 000

Nah

The starving, emaciated Russian clawing at eastern europe is a nice touch.
Will it be updated to show the UK as a burning wasteland after brexit, to match the Eu's opinions?

>dat unironic racist
>he is so ultranationalistic it acutally affects his world view

i bet he thinks all black people are criminals and all asians are smart