Last thread: Ask all your Miata related questions here

>miata pics and vids
>miata feels
>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ: can I fit?
>if you’re under 6'2" and aren’t overweight you can fit without modification

can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem.

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive well in the snow. (with four snow tires) Just be sure to spray off your undercarriage afterwards

Other urls found in this thread:

flyinmiata.com/lift-kit.html
youtu.be/XI29zrUBx4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=VUHEymwb-tk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thinking about selling my '08 civic I picked up a few weeks ago and buying pic related.

Then throwing on a Flying Miata 3 inch lift kit (which is on back order :( ) as well as new shocks, springs, and tires.

This thing looks stupid clean tb h

i thought u were joking about the lift kit lol. simply for fun, right?

did someone say bumper cut?

no Im not joking and I would use it as a daily. I live in New England and it would help a lot in the winter.

flyinmiata.com/lift-kit.html

very nice lad!

Don't worry little buddy it'll get warm soon

damn breh, at least get a lil blanket for your miat!

>i want to roll over and die

I do, I didn't put it on yet, I didn't know it was going to snow last night. I cleared the snow off it though, it's a-ok. Shes happy either way

Gonna bleed my front brakes today and then smoke some weed even though I haven't smoked weed in five years

The chassis and transmission are from an 80's Dodge Raider, but the engine and everything else is all Miata

Is that mark rippetoe?

>google miata in the winter
>MIATAS ARE THE BEST WINTER CAR EVER

yes and

suck my rippletoe senpai

I know how to clutch kick. Handbrake is important for reasons other than initiating a drift. Like increasing the radius + angle of a drift and scrubbing speed mid drift. Watch the part where he talks about high speed entry youtu.be/XI29zrUBx4Q
Would better pads and slotted rotors help them bite harder? Maybe extend the handbrake for more leverage?

Want to fit some suspension on my NA, anyone got experience with Tein Street Advance?

How much power can I expect to gain from putting an NB1 head and intake manifold on my 1.8 NA miata, lapping the valves, clean up the casting in the runners, gasket match, shave the head to achieve 10:1 compression, polish the combustion chambers, Megasquirt tuned for 93 octane, NB1 injectors, MAF delete, header, catback etc.

Maybe 150 whp? Is it even worth it? Why do these engines respond so badly to NA tuning

in

tein is garbage

Recommendations?

My miata this morning.

People are gonna say your coilovers are shitty until you're spending like 2k on a setup. Just buy what you want man.

Imo the best Street coilovers on the market right now are Chikara CP1 or Feal 441.

reposting for pls respond

I don't think anybody here knows anything about NZ spec cars. My suggestion is to find a car with a vin over 209446 and not worry about it

looks so sad ;_;

Im cold just looking at it famo

user plz get a cover! Also put it in storage somewhere. You can usually find a warehouse or something for ~$200

>big legs small upper body
>big wheels small car
checks out

not him but do you really think everyone has an extra $200 a month to spend on their car

found this on r/miata

She was sad :'( Garage kept all her life until i get my hands on her, and she has to stay out in the cold. Im a monster.

none of these cars Im posting belong to me just from reddit

opinions on the mk2.5?
the one with bilstein shocks, lsd and nardi wheel.
i know it's not a fucking mk1 but is it any good?
thinking about buying pic related.

If you do then you don't have a miata. I pay $220 for the season.

Damn I miss my 14" RPF1s

I'm trying to find a red rear bumper cover on Craigslist so I can cut it, but no one's parting out any red Miatas.

This makes me miss my RPF1s :(

bruh that pic makes me sad af. cover that homie up

It's just frozen water

Would one of these be a good first car? Just got my license at 20

Yes

>phone dials
>on a miata

fucking damn i love these blizzaks
it slips and slides but its totally controllable, fun as hell

kinda makes me wish I just drove my miata in the winter instead of buying another car.

Just wouldve copped blizzaks and a hardtop

then again
>no ac/heat
>no radio
>no powersteering

How hard are coil overs to install?

easy as pie.

youtube.com/watch?v=VUHEymwb-tk

Lol

Snow miat

How could you leave miata-kun out in the cold?
I'm literally waiting to get a house with a garage before I get a miat

This thread is making me want a miata, just to love and work on and drive a few times a year

Since my thread seems to be semi popular and i know you fags love miatas. ill leave you with these.

2nd

enjoy and add to sticky if you guys has one. these are instructions to get into miata without fucking up your car

So i am thinking about purchasing a catback exhaust for my '97 Miata. I have been eyeing the Cobalt cat-back. It is on sale right now and i would like some opinions on this exhaust. Also any other recommendations if possible.

>implying anyone here even locks their miata

as the user who asked for a copy of the miata pages, i do. the book didn't seem updated for the ND though.

I LOVE COCAINE

I have them on mine - they're OK. I kinda feel like I should've just saved up a little more and gone with Koni Sport shocks and FM lowering springs - and I probably will when my Teins crap out. Considered V-Maxxs but got mixed feels; the collars for them grind against the axle-shafts on my dad's NB and a friend's car, and another friend's been running a set for years and hasn't had any issues.

They would bite a little harder, might help. So would going to larger brakes. More surface area, more to grab. Tightening the cables makes a big difference.

Search the miata forums. This has been covered many times and if you search dyno results on forum.miata.net you can see what people are putting down with what mods in almost any scenario.

With everything you listed, (the mega squirt being the most important.) and if you can tune half decently. You'd probably get 140whp-150whp, max. Ad higher compression, Cams, ITBs and every other little thing and you may get 185whp. E85? another 5%.

People with dedicated N/A track cars are getting this power or more. But their engines only last 60-80 hours before needing a rebuild.

These motors just respond better to boost, it just is. These cars can make 200whp-300whp with a turbo setup done right. You'll be in the same cost but with a much greater power output. Going N/A is a choice that people make because they like the feel and the way it drives.

I don't know how anyone has the heart to lock their NA or NBs. You really go to each door and manually lock it with your key every time you park it?

Of course, if I had a key fob like the NC and NDs come with, I certainly would lock it

Nah its. Bo mur and he knows what he has

My NB had remote central locking. Can't find a picture of the fob but it was some rubbery oval thing with two buttons on it that was separate to the key

Looked like this, come to think of it it must have been an aftermarket part

I've ridden in a turbo miata with those teins on it and they are shit.

You keep the passenger side locked because solo driving most of the time (and if you do need to lock it you reach over while inside). And you lock the driver side at the inner handle when you leave the car then hold the outer handle open when you close the door to engage the lock. Easy peasy. NA, btw.

do it

you forgot the emojis famm

cute

why are you even posting random images. especially from reddit

why not?

where are pics of your miata?

hi /mg/. I'm in a dilemma.

I've narrowed my choice in my next DD down to a couple of cars: an '05 Mazdaspeed Miata or a 2nd gen WRX not owned by a boyracer hooning faggot.

There's a couple of possibilities for each model but I can't decide between the two. I learned manual transmissions on an NA, I dailied an NB for awhile and loved it, and the Mazdaspeed is super appealing. However, I live in a snowy area of the midwest with pisspoor road maintenence and can't deny that'd it make more sense for my area to drive an Impreza.

I also understand I'll get biased answers here, but genuinely curious on your thoughts, especially those that have driven/owned either Imprezas or NB/MS Miatas.

Get the FD

I was actually saving for an FD as my toy before unforeseen circumstances made a new DD necessary. It's a shame, I'll have to put off my dream for a few more years now.

Too epic

MSM is not worth it
way better if you do the turbo install yourself

ebin

>picture taken in 1992
>Miata is a '91

Guy says he's still driving it today - as of 2011.

wish i could find more pics like this.

Can 205s on a 15x7 wheel fit on a stock NA without having to fuck with anything?

Yes, I have 205/50/15 tires in a 15x7 konigg. Stock shocks/springs. Fits with room to spare. You could squeeze a 225 on a 15x7, but you would have to roll your genders.

This is a 15x7 +38 with a 205/50ZR15

shoah

I traded my 95 Miata for an 82 RX7 and got to feel the wrath of mazda on week 1, the seal blew. So turns out it only adds 5 dollars to my insurance to get a Miata and keep the FB, so I'm gonna pick one up soon again.

The one I'm looking at has 190k miles and its a 1.6. I'm sure its fine I drove a Miata for 2 years before, gonna try to pick it up for 2k and it has the hard top. Anyone here with a high millage Miata?

>190k miles
>1.6
>$2k

I hope its been taken care of for all 190k miles