Advice on getting a car off of craigslist?

Advice on getting a car off of craigslist?

Like, whats some bullshit sellers try to pull?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=vC8LbvYk6es&list=PLv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

make sure the title matches their id and they're not "selling it for someone" or some other fishy story

have it inspected by a mechanic before you negotiate or pay

Always bring a friend, negotiate on the price, and feel free to walk away at any time. Or don't learn from my past mistakes and buy a lemon. Watch this, it's a good starting point. m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=vC8LbvYk6es&list=PLv

get a pre purchase inspection if you have no clue what you are doing.

ask the seller not to start the car before you get there.

be weary off those scumbags who post under the "for sale by owners" section but are actually used dealer scum. Ive gone through this a couple times and the cars were absolutely junk. pic related a '99 subaru forester that was for sale. dude said it only needed new bushings thinking I wasnt going to check below. lol

To my next point. Always look under car for rust, assuming you are in an area where cars rust.

When making an offer, if you arent embarrassed by your first offer, then it isnt low enough. If the seller declines your first offer tell em to make you a counter offer, or just make a slightly higher offer.

I know it sound jewish as fuck but you want to walk away with your pockets not hurtin, you feel me?

>make sure the title matches their id and they're not "selling it for someone" or some other fishy story

this as fuck. I almost bought an '07 Subaru Forester for $4k. The carfax was clean as a whistle and so was the car but the dude was sketchy as fuck and it was reigstered in another state talking about how he's selling it for a friend lol.

Use common sense. If it isnt feeling right, don't pull the trigger.

>I know what Ive got
>no low ballers
>ran last week
>needs one easy fix to run, I even have the part!
>needs TLC
>ran when parked

And a bunch more I'm forgetting

SUBARU SUBFRAME RUST LIKE HOLY SHIT!

>Like, whats some bullshit sellers try to pull?
The classic is "send you the title later". Remember that a seller having a title is also not a guarantee it is valid. They could have claimed the title was lost and applied for a replacement title document. Thus, the car could easily have a lien on it due to being used as collateral for a loan. So what you could be buying is a liened car with an invalid title. You certainly don't want to buy a lien and be legally responsible for paying off the loan too.

bump

Ask for a cold start. If the engine is warm or it's running when you see it, they are likely hiding something.

I'd rather purchase from an honest person. Somebody that posts what is wrong with it in the description. A $1,200 car that says shit like "It runs perfect and will last forever!!" is likely full of shit.

If they refuse to allow you take it for a test drive and get a pre-purchase inspection at a shop, then don't bother.

Ignore a molested car. If it's got a ton of aftermarket shit posted, 8/10 times they have done fucked something up and don't know how to fix it. Chances are the rest of the modifications has been nigger rigged as well.

Stick to Honda or Toyota. They are typically more reliable and easier to fix.

>whats some bullshit sellers try to pull?
Cash sale only.
You pull up to buy the car at their residence or wherever.
Thugs run out of the bushes to mug you and take the cash from you.
Seller claims to know nothing about the muggers.

Some past craig's list car sales have been like that. It's why some buyers will insist on doing the cash transaction inside a bank or credit union for the signature and title exchange. It's hard for the muggers to do their thing when you haven't withdrawn the cash from the bank until that moment.

>I'm just testing the waters
biggest one i hate, like why even bother

I carry a m&p 9mm when ever I do craigslist deals. And two reloads, lol. 52 rounds of 9mm baby

op bring a gun

I live in SC

This is the sort of shit I find on Craigslist

Glad I'm not some redneck farmboi

Walk away from any fishy shit. There are tons of cars out there so don't get attached to any of them.

Like others have said, if their name is not on the title you need to move on. If you see more than one listing for the same car move on. If they can't form complete sentences in their ad or when responding with you move on. If they make up excuses when you ask about having a mechanic inspect the car move on. Dont' meet in a shady part of town. Cash or Cashier's check are the only way you should be buying a used car, anything else is a scam.

Again, if anything seems weird then move on. Scammers do weird shit.

she prolly need a good worshin

Fucking kek

>we got lots we can trade mostly good stuff if u can come by an fix the tub an toilet i mean dam u can take her too if u want but i aint know why ud want her i mean dam son

Dude sure hates his wife. She must be one nasty bitch.

fake

>Mechanic's Special