/ovg/- Where's the safety car edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pOX0N4Y4bkQ
iracing.com/iracing-com-to-build-digital-honda-for-new-super-gt-series/
microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Thrustmaster-TMX-Force-Feedback-Racing-Wheel-for-Xbox-One-and-PCs/productID.1033064100
club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I am quite sure a Civic from a real touring car series would be more popular than a PWC Kia.

Oh, I agree. It would need to be at least twice as popular than the Kia to make it go official in iR more often than not. That's a big fucking step. I'd like to see it happen, but I'm not optimistic it would.

>It's as if you're unaware RACE and rF2's FWD cars exist

Well now you're making things up. Existing in some sim which used by a few leagues for a series happening once per week is much different than the iRacing schedule of every second hour all week.

Congrats to Bob.

Come join the F1 88 test server

>are you sure they'd ever sell enough of them for it to be useful exercise?

Yea that's a good point. I just wish they would have some series like GT3 where there are multiple cars that race each other, instead of only Mazda, only Cadillac etc..

>current GTE
That's coming. They are working on a Ferrari GTE

>start on pole
>almost get taken out by kita
>a lap in i realise that i loaded a full tank of fuel
>marko catches up to me but spins and quits
>hotlap for half the race
>get overtaken by tomthy
>hotlap for the other half of the race
>by the time i was in my last lap i could still run for 60 minutes because i had so much fuel
well, that was shit
/blog

iRacing had their eyes on the HSV-010 GT500 but gave up because they said it was basically impossible to get the japanese to cooperate.

thanks. only took me 51 attempts to win my first AUTISM® Shadow Government-sanctioned Saturday series race (unless you include Race School™)

no exciting webm material from me so have this classic battle with aspirations instead. off for my romantic evening with ian bell now. merry xmas all.

youtube.com/watch?v=pOX0N4Y4bkQ

To add on this

iracing.com/iracing-com-to-build-digital-honda-for-new-super-gt-series/

They also licensed the Honda Civic BTCC car, the same one in rF2, but it suffers from the same issue where teams aren't willing to help.

Sorry Leo for hitting you and sorry Aspirations for being in your way.
>tfw my chances at a Champion podium spot are over

>spins and quits

m8 my car got ripped up after i half spun and ran wide, i hit one of the raised access roads :(((

So you want a multi-car series, then show some hype about a new one-make series for the incoming 488GTE? I mean, I know I'm being a dick pointing out this contradiction, as I'm also hype for the 488GTE, but what will make me run it as the #1 series I participate in is it being in a multicar series with any of C7.R/991RSR/FordGT/whatever the Aston is alongside it, not just a new 488 spec race series.

Okay, that's one that's too hard to do out of the several I mentioned, that's fine.

RACE sold well and the Clio and Megane in rF2 are possibly the most used cars.

Which is funny because another US developer got info about the Civic just fine, but then they don't run around laser scanning garbage cars when the entire internet is offering them their super late model either.

its all good, its not like I was battling anyone bby

>>almost get taken out by kita
That is a given though.

I loaded a full tank and i was fine man.

Anyone play The Crew

Its free right now, I think

The big map and driving with Platinum 1 players is good enough for me to put up with its drawbacks.

I've been getting a bit tired of it lately, so I checked out FH3 today and its map looks like a small village in comparison.

Guess I'll stick with TC as my arcade fix for the time being.

>battle the first two laps
>hotlap the rest of the race
>avoid prototypes
>watch some spins

god how i missed being here, for real

oh shit, i thought you just rage quit, i was looking forward to the battle :(
to be fair the full tank slowed me down by like 1 second per lap probably, but it was mostly my fault for not working on the race setup enough and generally not concentrating like always

>Someone actually paid this much for a G27

Is it at least the one used by Max Verstappen?

This simdad clearly had some money left over from selling his direct drive wheel.

Yeah I don't know why iRacing couldn't get it done when ISI has it.

How did the race go? I thought it was going to be the standard 2.4 hour race
In the other field I lead a collective spaghetti.
Pretty fun though. SJ suddenly got good.

Buddy, I think you're confused this isn't ogc.

He might not be aspirations levels of fast with a gamepad, but he getting there. I had to tail for like 6-7 laps until I decided to help him make a mistake.
I am aware of that. I enjoy both threads. Sadly I did not practice enough for Ranwec, so I just jumped to the simpler vtcc race. Barbagallo is a nice meme, apart from the realistic sand traps

pls stop with the /ogc/ and /ovg/ are one meme

There are two threads now? Ugh jesus christ, when did this happen?

ages ago, each is on a different website. Funny Greek man doesn't seem to realise that they aren't the same thing.

fuck off gfin. we don't want /ogc/ here. if you want to be with them so bad then stay on 8ch

about the time /ovg/ died

I said I go in both you dolt, I never said they are the same.

So post /ogc/ stuff in /ogc/ and post /ovg/ stuff in /ovg/. You wouldn't post grills in /hm/ would you?

im a gril and i post in /hm/

I'd post cute boys here

ye but you don't post pictures of naked grills in /hm/ do u

pic related

This is now a cute boys thread.

In the interest of fairness, Studio420 clarified that the whole paid mods thing won't work like it says on the Steam Workshop page, as even Valve themselves won't let random people sell workshop items after the Skyrim shitstorm. It will work in a different way. That Steam Workshop page was there due to a few misplaced lines of code.

So apologize right now to Studio420. I am sorry.

Link?

>post a shitty business plan
>hahah sorry guys, it was a typo!

no, fuck off marcel..

Oh its still shit, selling mods is fucking retarded. But it's not the Steam Workshop Skyrim shit.

It's retarded for everyone. There's already paywall for online that they'll be removing I guess. They already got a ton of people's money and don't seem to be giving them back anything in return.

There's no incentive for mod makers to sell on the steam store when they can sell on their own site and get 95%+ of the price of the mod as opposed to 25%. This is a flaming shit show, Skyrim style or not.

anyone have the free download links for the AC dreampacks?

>tfw shitpost in the middle of a AC pub race

>Turn 1 in AC pub races

>There's no incentive for mod makers to sell on the steam store when they can sell on their own site and get 95%+ of the price of the mod as opposed to 25%.
Of course there is, the same as the one for people to put anything on Steam when Valve gets a cut.

It's a dick ass percentage even then but the sheer exposure means >3:1 sales ratios are pretty possible.

>Not racing the 595 at monza junior at a whooping 62 miles per hour

When your quality $5 mod is surrounded by shitty $2 russian converts/or baby's first mod, the visibility argument goes though the window.

The only pub races I ever find that is regularly full are the 10 lap Spa GT2 races, and that gets boring after a while.

Probably should get some of the DLC, I'd guess there's more servers out there.

>tfw 10 lap spa gt2 races

That being said, i think statistically i have better good races/bad races ratio in assetto corsa than in iracing. Minorating servers are often full of proper, clean players.

>meanwhile in iracing
>bump the guy a little bit
>he goes berserk (or at very least cries in the chat after the race) because muh clean driving rating is gone waaaaah

>Watching a friend play some turnleft in iRacing
>Some guy drifts into his lane on a straight like five or six laps in
>Slams into his rear right quarter
>Spins out three other cars in the process
>Everyone proceeds to start yelling at my friend for ruining the race
>Dude who drifted over sounds like your generic NASCAR watching stereotype

what a retard the letters are all backwards

haven't had a problem with AC multiplayer in a long while, among other things, minorating killed off wrecking mostly and ping has to be well above like 200 for issues. But I hate not being able to see track grip percentage before joining so I just host my own servers now. Search for Real Grip.
Oh yes get the DLC it's great

>simracing turbo-autist is also a /pol/tard

p
o
t
t
e
r
y

When your game is on Valve, they take a 30% cut and you keep 70% before taxes. This is a completely different scenario, dumb cunt. More visibility does not always translate into sales. I don't even use the workshop for any games I own on Steam.

This doesn't look like ovg stuff, post this on pretendracecars.

This a place for ovg only stuff.

This is my favorite page, I feel like we really get to know our heroes well.

I don't think you understand how conservative Alberta is.

I said it was a shit percentage retard. The amount of self promotion a game maker can do is rather better than a payware mod using thinly disguised unlicensed cars though.

thanks I now have autism

BAN STIGUY

Spooky

Huh I wonder if I was like that the whole race

>P2s are such shitters they haven't gotten away from GTEs after half a lap

Any reason not to get a TMX for dirt cheap?

It's $70 off at $129.99 on microshill store. Got FF in a set for basically nothing. This is for someone who races at most simcade.

microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Thrustmaster-TMX-Force-Feedback-Racing-Wheel-for-Xbox-One-and-PCs/productID.1033064100

It doesn't look very nice tbqh

There's absolutely no reason to become a THRUST MASTER user

>"book"
>text not justified

>Free
WHERE

I always forget that I already have it, so it's never installed.
Would do if there's more people who jump in.

on uplay you triple nigger
club.ubisoft.com/en-US/ubi30

If Ranek was to step down from organising RANWEC and gave it to you(let's say you were willing to run it), what would you change in order to boost participation and make the experience even better?

change it to a game like rf1 or automobilista since it can be cracked now (i think people dont join because of rf2 and the fact that you have to go into mumble to get the mod)
i think thats the problem, just my opinion (no bully pls)

rF1 instead of 2 because runs on every toaster and uses less space.

2.4 hours of Forumla D

Why are you all so fucking poor?

Because severe back issues keep me from work so no money, you?

I'm not. Why are you?

buy out SJ's share in /ogc/ and merge the series

I'm not but I acknowledge others are and I'd rather play with poor people than complain on my yacht.

>sim racing
>Forza 6

it's rfactor?

Is it? I thought the first clip was Forza, or was it just on a ported version of La Sarthe?