Maserati general

Why does Veeky Forums hate them so much ? Anyone else actually like them?

because they're expensive

who cares about some boring luxury car company

i'd rather buy a F-type with an actual manual transmission, looks better too

they are really expensive
they use a ford engine
they have NO aftermarket
they are slower than equally expensive cars
the build quality isnt of the same level as similarly priced cars
lately a lot of their designs look the same

this seems like it only exhists for stupid normies that just like the badge and body

Looks retarded, has Ferrari parts and a lot of companies would have to fold before it becomes a strong consideration.
Unless you are dumb enough to base a car purchase on just wanting to be different.

>v6 jag

dont do this either

>they use a ford engine

This. Too much Ford crapulence

>ford engine

This. Maseratis look so freaking boring. Nevermind the fact that I see them on the road all the time. F-types are common too. But they are just so much more pleasing to look at and sound a lot better too.

V6 sounds better than the V8

The Ghibli is literally a Chrysler 300. It shares some interior components and the chassis. The turbo v6 is now outperformed by almost anything these days. They have the same 8 speed transmission as the Dodge Charger.

Maserati would help themselves tons of the damn things had a little more self service in mind. You wonder why your brand is dying? Because it costs $350 to change the oil.

>"wrong"

$350? lmao not even close, i work at a maserati dealership and they charge $750 just for the oil change

The V12 sounds nice.

They're pigfat and outperformed by competitors in every way. Wankers only buy it for the badge.
It's a shame they'll never be great again now that Ferrari owns them. There's no way they'll be allowed to produce anything competitive.

Proof that money can't buy taste

I think they look and sound absolutely breathtaking but like others mentioned they're easily outclassed in their segments. A $150k quattroporte with the same buttons as a fiat is silly and at that price an S class smokes it in every way besides looks.

>dodge interior
>ferrari price
>italian reliability

Why would someone EVER BUY ONE?

>V12

>The engine water pump is driven off the air conditioning pulley

>Buying expensive cars instead of modifying a cheaper car

>all these poorfags in this thread

Once you get to the price bracket of buying these cars objectivety goes out the window and its basically all personal preferance.

I think they look amazing and further more sound incredible.

wouldn't be the first car i would buy in that brakect but i would want to own one.

Yeah but even rich people know to stay away from Maserati.

they break down very easily.
and cost 1/4 the price of the car to fix.

and for the money you might as well just buy a f12 berlinetta.

My main problem now is they're letting Americans design their interiors.

Not all hate them but if you look closer there's actually no one who hates its. The thing is they never update their cars. Sure the Quattroporte and Ghibli got updated but do the enthusiasts want those cars? No. The most wanted model is the Gran Turismo and that thing is like over 10 years old by now. It needs a full-redesign and also there are no news of any spy-shots of the new GT so that maybe the hint that Maserati is not planning a new GT any sooner. Also it's getting massively backed down by Ferrari. I can see a lot of potential this company has but Ferrari isn't just giving the oppurtunity to do so. They need to be an independant company or sold of to an another company inorder to come up. If I had been a multi-billiionaire, I'd buy the company all alone and then give them the enough funds. That seems crazy but I'd do it.

doesn't sound nice like ssome of the other cars in that class
first one i drove had a race or sport switch on the steering wheel, obviously flip said switch, immediately overwhelmed with how slow it was.
still have yet to see one that isn't slow.
i hate the looks, as do a decen't amount of people i talk to

I like older Maseratis.
Recent ones are really just Ferarri using them to make all the shitty stuff that sells well that they don't want to build themselves so their brand image doesn't suffer from it.

>Maserati fell for the woodgrain meme

Wooden inserts into a 90 percent plastic and leatherette interior is complete ass design.

Doesn't look better

all wrong

wrong

even more wrong

Ferrari hasn't owned them for years now

They are trying to be like Aston, but they can't allow prices as high as Aston and their market has much worse an image.

>They are trying to be like Aston
wrong.
>jaguar
correct

Well Jaguar is pretty much Aston for plebs, so...

That won`t be a concern for you because you`re too poor to ever own either.

It has a v8 you mongoloid

Maseratis are Lambos for people that don't have money for a Lambo

>they use a ford engine
if they had a ford engine I think that would be an improvement. At least then you could fix them without taking out a small loan.

Gentlemen,

In a short time I will be expected to travel to Italy for training. I have no idea if a car will be provided. If I have to rent, what should I rent?

488. Duh.

It's the cheap shit ford parts that ruin the car. Cheapshit ford parts ruin every car desu

Ferrari, Chrysler, and Maserati are all under the Fiat umbrella

>Ferraris are sold entirely for the badge
>Make a worse Ferrari and stick a badge nobody cares about on it
>MUH
>SOUL
>ND
>PASSHUN
>UR JUST ALL POOR AND JEALOUS XDDD

Maserati is shit and has always been shit.

>Fiat

Your retardation aside, any non-Italian parts would only improve it.

Ferrari is a public company and not under the FCA umbrella

Because they're econobox ferraris

OK so I was wrong but the break up wasn't even a year ago. Maserati models are generally unchanged since 2008, except the new SUV they're making.

The last Ferrari designed/mostly built Maserati was in 2012, in 2013 the QP was completely redesigned. Ferrari only partially builds the engines for the current cars. Do you really think you are going to tell me something I don't know? I tore those cars apart for a while, I know the stamp on the back of every piece of plastic and metal in the car.

Being a grease monkey doesn't mean you know everything. Last redesign in 2013 that still means it was under Ferrari.

JEW!