/vn/ - Fujoshit Edition

Visual Novel General #1285

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

We have failed.
We have failed.
We have failed.
We have tried so hard to make it work and yet it refuses to!!!??
We HAve faiLeD

Are we still boycotting mangagamer?

>we

No we just have grown out of galge
Real 3D girls are better

MG got Rance, we can't boycott them now

I'm boycotting your wife

So they are providing nothing for /vn/

>6 posters
>3 mg shills
What did they mean by this?

Is SG0 good?

Decent but not as good as the original one.

>no ero
>good

pick one.

I'm against censorship but that annon is retard.

Filler is nice, actual plot is kinda shit.

>all ages kusoge
>good

Very boring compared to the first one. Kagari route was very bad tier.

Dies irae confirmed F/sn rip off.

need bandages

Nah, it was filler, but it had good moments.

I'll choose this thread because the other one is made by an MG shill

Real thread

Yes, pirate all MangaGamer releases

Guys I'm literally shaking....What if Dies Irae fails?

We celebrate our moege future since Conjueror said he will only translate moege from then on.

Light will rebuild it with better rewards.

Can't wait for Conjueror's "liberal take" on Dies Irae

Who will you fuck first when Maitetsu comes out?

Which route should I play first in 11eyes?

The tittymonster milf

To be honest it doesn't look too bad from the prologue video. Not great, because some lines are awkward and he doesn't really make any distinction between the characters, but it will probably be enjoyable at least.

How do I get my lolis to bathe properly?

lolis

You spill the blood of your enemies onto them. They'll want to bathe then.

Ready to read Maitetsu R18, distributed by Nutaku version?

I will riot in the streets if that happens.

;_;

Are you ready for Grisaiaposting, bros?

>implying Meikyuu this year

>Grisaia no Meikyuu - Uncut release late December

you won't be able to fuck any of them

Thoughts on 11eyes?

To be honest you probably want a more 'liberal take' on Masada because a lot of his description would sound kind of silly if you just translate it word-for-word. His writing is very intense and vivid but it only works because Japanese is a much more weighty language than English and individual words have a lot more impact. You actually need to be pretty creative in translating if you want to retain that.

I'm overall satisfied with the translation from looking at the prologue, and the few bits I don't like occur because he's trying to stick too close to the original script if anything. I don't know why /vn/ has this fixation on formal equivalence translation, I can only assume it's because you're mostly EOPs who have no idea what you're talking about because I don't think I've ever encountered a Japanese speaker who thinks it's a good idea.

Shinjaekisamanobaka

I forgot we believe in Sekai now

inb4delay

S-surely she's long enough to stay uncensored right?

>tfw you will live to see visual novels die
Feels good, bros

Guys I'm literally shaking....What if 18+ Meikyuu doesn't come out this month?

If 18+ Meikyuu doesn't come out today I'm ending it.

W-what if Meikyuu comes out after Eden?

Do not trust the Jast to translate your games. They can't into the French.
MangaGamer has been doing a terrific job though

go away MG shill

Undertale will save visual novels.

This meme needs to die.

Even the translator of Dies has vns like Umineko rated above Dies. Why are people excited for it again?

>people still think MG would want to bother shilling to a thread of 100 ips that mostly pirates
Same goes with Sekai and even JAST. Most people who seem like shills are either trolls or reverse trolls trying to bait or the rare occasional genuine opinion that they like something.

t. shill who has been found out

I wasn't even the guy who first posted. I wish I was a shill then I could get paid to shitpost.

Why does your Veeky Forums look so trippy?

He's the on the MG shill network.

4chanx + oneechan
Makes it easier on my eyes in a dark room.

Daily reminder that if you pirate VNs, your country deserves to be nuked out of this planet.

Daily reminder that if you buy VNs, your country deserves to be nuked out of this planet.

>(((Daily reminder that if you buy VNs, your country deserves to be nuked out of this planet.)))

Daily reminder if you don't support those fucking wagecucks at Japan, you deserve to be gassed.

Why now we have two fucking /vn/ generals?

Daily reminder if you post on the wrong /vn/ general, you deserved to be shot.

Daily reminder that if you don't buy Rance VI, you deserve to be shot and have your country nuked.

Posting best maid.

Because some retard made this one 30 or so posts early with a shit OP and then another retard made another thread when bump limit was reached.

Daily reminder if you don't support localization and its affiliates, you deserve to be nuked and your country shot.

I can shot you down with my cum any day, my aim is perfect.

Daily reminder that if you support anything MangaGamer, you deserve a flood of refugees and being taxed to support them in your country

S-so this is the power of kami-ge?

>Himawari is better than Myth and Myth is better than the "remake" of Himawari.
I don't see anything wrong with that pic.

LOL

Should I read Myth and Kira Kira now?

Both are better than Himawari (all ages) but the later has an awful translation.

lolwut

How long until Frontwing goes back to making non all ages and non episodic titles?

When Trigger flops

When people stop funding them.

Apparently Setoguchi Renya is actually a kamiwriter, he is so good he writers actual literature nowadays. And by "nowadays" I mean for years.

I can't believe they went through with that trash after Corona Blossom's disastrous launch

Myth is cool, just don't go into it with any particular expectations. MG advertised it as being like Higurashi, but it really doesn't have much in common. There's not really anything to properly compare it to. It has some problems but I thought it was a pretty cool game.

You made me check out vndb and wtf, its the same guy who wrote Swan Song!? Is Kira Kira's translation really that bad?

swang song's translation was pretty bad, too

>Is Kira Kira's translation really that bad?
Is that bad that is kinda hillarious.

Always osananajimi

>oh wow doujins generally have better scores than offical titles in egs because they arent listed in the same index so weird

It comes from the time where QC wasn't really a thing in translations and quick and dirty was the way to go. It hardly even exists now for that matter for a lot of translations.
Another example of the time was Edelweiss which ended up so bad it couldn't be ignored and they had to re do it.

Among the VN companies which dared to cater to the west audience, Innocent Gray's still the most successful one.

Maybe with KnS but I don't think Flowers sold that well though.

Also why the fuck are they whoring out to both MG and JAST?

nah, KnS2 and Cartagra didn't do well despite excessive shilling like those kotaku reviews or fully dubbed audio books.

Good thing that's not the one we got :^)

Why do you think of Let's dub project? I think their dubs are insanely good.

That version is better; cheaper + 18 content + more story in FD.

link it

>Dies irae literally has a character called Shirou
Could it be any more obvious?