If your car needs a bodykit to "look good" you bought the wrong car

If your car needs a bodykit to "look good" you bought the wrong car.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Subaru_engines#FA20D
youtube.com/watch?v=oLP-HCcX9as&t=111s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it inconceivable that people have preferences that differ from auto manufacturers?

A. That bodykit looks like shit
B. Those are actually pretty good looking in stock form

If you're gonna hate on those, at least choose something they fucked up on.

>Being an adult
>Confusing need and want

Try again, young padawan

what moronic child did that?

did they design the mods in crayon too?

man Veeky Forums has terrible taste

it's a render.

body kits dont look good to normies.
most cars we think look good probably look retarded to normies.

I know its a render but its still a real kit

these phil/o/s have shit taste

The RB kit looks retarded. They look so good lowered with a flush wheel. (17x9 or 18x9.5). If anything I'd do just the fender flares if you need more tire.

>too slow

Why do you have such small ass rims?

>actually own a stock frs
>get compliments here and there
>most of them from people not old enough to drive yet
>has never gotten me laid
>only won a drag once against a 5ton bro truck

>They look so good lowered with a flush wheel.
so not at all like the example you linked, right?
because that looks awful. look at how empty your arches are. christ

Why do you want big nigger rims?
Also they're wheels.

I like this setup user, love those meaty tires. More pics?

If you think that Liberty Walk or whatever looks good, you probably need a brain transplant.

They look like 16s with huge ass "TRACK DAY BRO" tires, so that makes them look smaller.

They're 17x9s with a 245/40. Same diameter as stock but a lot wider.

This is the only other one I've got since I threw stocks on for winter. I have a two finger wheel gap atm. I'd go lower but I still scrape here and there at my current height.

I love widebody everything, but I can't ever see myself doing it to my car.

hell i dont even want to lower it.

small wheels are better for performance. the smallest you can get that still fit your brakes.
is this post satire

nice man, what are those wheels?

Not necessarily for cornering, as thinner tires have stiffer sidewalls. On the FRS a 17 is ideal and 18s still alright. Tires are like 2x more though but you can fit bigger tires.

17x9 japan racing JR3. knockoff of a knockoff of a knockoff, but cheap as all hell, and they've held up nicely for 2 winters.

considering trying out 16'' this summer actually. as long as they got some width. my big brake plans went into the garbage so I might as well.

picture is with 18x7.5. 18 might be a bit overkill for a 200hp car, but somehow performance tires are cheaper than the equivalent 17's. no idea how or why.

>18x7.5
lol

why buy aftermarket wheels that are the same width as stock

Chek'd

Dang, I'd love to get a toyo 86 some day, preferably in that pearl oceanic blue.
Shame I'm still not decided what I'd like to do in life not even to mention how to make money.
I'm too dumb to come up with anything apparently.

>inb4 op drives some faggy ass car like a twingo

no they dont. the sidewall of a track tire is like a rock. stretch is a meme.

great blog faggot

stock is 17x7

these ones are also a bit lighter, and got a lot more space for brakes. I'll probably sell them and get some enkeis instead though.

But normies are clueless cunts. If you're trying to impress normies with cars just lease a base model 3 Series.

Looks just about perfect. Let me guess, you are under 30?

He's right though...they're pretty small.

How so? There will be no improvement going another inch up in diameter.

no. 86 wheel arches are just too goddamn big.

16'' is what the car was basically made for. 17'' are usually gonna be the best all around performance wise, and 18'' will mostly just add weight and not do anything better than 17''.

These cars don't need a body kit, the only reason they look like trash OEM is the wheel gap. They look amazing just lowered a bit and putting on good wheels.

how much of a drop is that? 20mm?

t. buttmad FRS owner

Not sure, it's not my car but it looks like 20-25mm give or take.

That is perfect. These cars really don't need anything else.

looks nice either way. I want to drop mine some 20mm, but my greddy exhaust is like 10cm off the ground as it is, and the roads are rough as all hell here.

See post above. You fucked up doing any more mods than a drop and wheels. How much hp does that Greddy exhaust give you? 1?

Put the stock one back on and enjoy the damn car.

>How much hp does that Greddy exhaust give you? 1?

0 far as I care. but it sounds brilliant and the entire thing cuts 25-30 pounds off the weight.

>You fucked up doing any more mods than a drop and wheels

there are a handful of thing I need to enjoy the car properly. toss out the rear seats. save weight wherever you can, and keep the tires as cheap, nasty and skiddy as you possibly can. got the car down to 1180kg now, about 70kg less than stock.

then when you're going to the track, get muHC800 or EBC pads and some potenzas. and you're good to go.

You're keeping it simple. Respect. Carry on brotha.

for the time being. rumors of some local guys brewing up E85 got me all excited. so flexfuel and tune might happen this summer.

at the end of the day, the FA20 power is fine. its just that bit of excess fat that needs to be removed in order for the car to become lively and ''fast''.

Heard good things about FA20 from some mechanics doing tunes. How is it when it comes to boosting it with either a supercharger or turbo, how much better does it get on normal 98 fuel without the need to build the engine?

they actually look pretty good stock, especially the 2017 model with performance package

it's ''better'' than the new WRX engines. its the same block, displacement all that, but with a fancier injection technology courtesy of lexus/toyota, which the WRX has to do without.

boosting a bone stock FA20 on low pressure, up to 210-230WHP works amazing and it takes boost better than a WRX would. after that you might want to look into decreasing the insanely high compression ratio.

forum posters will come shouting at you 350whp is fine with the transmission. I'd never ever push it past 300 without doing serious work to both the clutch and the engine itself.

98 is required, although I know of several people that has only ever put 95 or even 93 in their cars.

been obsessively filling my BRZ with 98, and only 98.

>i dont even want to lower it.

You already have the fartcan and meme stickers, why not go all out and stance your meme shitbox.

They seem reliable as long as your tune is solid. On 91 (US) people get 270-300 whp and 350 on e85. With fueling upgrades and e85, you can go 450+ but over 400 reliability gets risky.

daily and occasional track use. want to keep it as functional as I can. and stock suspension is perfectly fine even with a few more kW.

coilovers isn't happening before I'm better than the car and the tires its on.

function>form

YMMV and it depends heavily on breathing mods. Standard US91 gets between 240-280whp and these power levels seem to be relatively safe for the stock components. E85 can push between 300 to 340 on the stock fueling system but people making these power levels are frequently breaking parts, be it the axles, transmission or engine components.

this really true? am semi curous

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Subaru_engines#FA20D

difference is basically the lexus port injection and higher compression on the 86. and turbo and subarus in house own injection system on the WRX.

Crawford have been tuning subarus for years, and they really seem to prefer the FA20D

youtube.com/watch?v=oLP-HCcX9as&t=111s

How much cobb dick do you suck?

MEATY

I don't usually like stickerbombs, but the placement is pretty nice.

u can do it

I really like that car and I really like what you're doing to it.
Godspeed