/vn/ - Japanese Austronauts edition

Visual Novel General #1285

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cUs8FEsDUZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=8kqls64aYUs
youtube.com/watch?v=tIkp-roj3Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=1ErwgLxBNL0
strawpoll.me/11928704
kickstarter.com/projects/1986219362/dies-irae-english-localization-project-commences/comments
tehtawm.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like lolis.

me too. wanna fuck?

Is Himawari a lolige?
I mean most girls are 15/16, or is that too old?

Thanks for making a proper version.

Nice try mangashills. Real thread is

Otome Function never ever.

fuck off newfag, you're trying way too hard

Guys I'm literally failing... What if Dies Irae shakes?

That's like the perfect age

I have mixing felling with this OP;
+ For adding the E-celeb tag
- For shitposting Himawari again and again.

Not sure how this one is a shitpost, the other one is made by the autistic fujoshit spammer. Blatant shitpost thread, just awful.

So people who have ACTUALLY read Himawari, did it live up to expectations? How would you rate it?

vile/10, it's okay. Wish it actually had h-scenes, even if unvoiced.

What Himawari shitposting? last thread had 11eyes, the one before that was Himawari, the 2 before them were Dear Drops and Kira Kira, before that was one Dies Irae shitposting one.

Himawari has hardly been used as an OP

I thought it was great, it starts as an average moege, then it starts for real and becomes amazing, and when you think nothing will top the second chapter the third chapter does just that.
the last route isn't anything special though.
8.5/10

Hard 7.5 or soft 8. Suffers from some pacing issues, 2048 is by far the best part of the VN and even the first half of that is pretty slow. There are some good moments after 2048 but unfortunately it never manages to hit that high note again. It's pretty easy to see that Aqua is the author's favorite character which kind of leads Aries and Asuka getting shafted route wise especially Aries. I think you're score will ultimately be based on how much you like the SoL. Still it's a pretty good VN and worth a read but not the kamige the Japanese readers made it out to be in my opinion.

>Austronauts

>and when you think nothing will top the second chapter the third chapter does just that.
I gotta disagree with you there. I thought the third chapter went back to being an average moege, just with some of the extra drama carried from the second chapter.

What kind of fucking moege do you guys read? all the moege/SoL part of Himawari are solid and entertaining, with plenty of witty dialogues (especially Aqua's and Youchi's banter) and complex characters.
No way it's an "average moege" in its dull parts.

>No way it's an "average moege" in its dull parts.
PE and Dracu Riot are still better though.

That hand though....

Yeah no, Dracu Riot is boring shit.
Didn't read PE.

I don't know man, the MIB games and astronomy club shit just doesn't resonate with me. Ginga is a chuuni retard and a clear downgrade from Daigo, though maybe that's the point?
Youichi is your cookie cutter MC who ends up living with some qts in his apartment and they have ecchi and SoL dialogue and situations. Sure there's some interesting conversations here and there but I still felt like I was reading a dumb moege a lot of the time.
Now I'm in the middle of Asuka's route which I don't know if I'll even finish because boy that one is boring as shit. I just want to gather all the bad ends to get all of Aoi's TIP scenes.

perfect for your dicklet?

So since moege is the future of the medium in the west, what moege is a must have?

Starless

DCIII next month right?

Doddler was still fixing issues not long ago so it may be two months if they have to run though it a few more times and anything else pops up.

euphoria

Discipline

I for one am hype for /maggotbaits/

What is maggot baits even about? All I know is that it's chock full of rather hardcore fetishes. Is that the only appeal?

I guess people are expecting it to be similar to euphoria, which had a decent plot for a nukige

I wanna read Tias storyline in Aiyoku no Eustia

Wat do?

Sumika a shit, so not telling.

Aiess' route is a goddamn miracle

My dream is for Chicchai Love Apart to get translated

If that Ver. Mako is getting a translation when nobody said it can happen then goddammit, so can any loli VN!

>Aiess'

huh?

Oh wait, is the nickname actually spelled a different way?

Cookie 4 IS' route is a goddamn mircale

What did he bean by this?

>If that Ver. Mako is getting a translation

I haven't looked much into that but the people doing it were having a lot of trouble with the programming. And I don't even know if they were "translating" it or just making stuff up.

Oh I just didn't know what you were talking about. I guess it's that Majikoi stuff.

>Tfw no Cookie 4 route.
That bath was such a tease. Having 2 robogirls would be sweet.

I was surprised by how perfect her chemistry is with Yamato. I don't think any other girls can compare.

Benkei has the absolute top chemistry with Yamato. Followed by Momoyo. Aiess can be third though.

Personal preference is Yamato with Monshiro because you get to see him in full doting boyfriend/husband mode

Benkei was the best before Aiess but Momoyo? I can't see that.

I just find Momoyo as the peak example of successful childhood friend/bro that you also fuck

She doesn't make for a good romance, unfortunately.

I want more Cookies.

noice, i already found the other 2 way beyond my expectations

>$93,372 pledged of $160,000 goal

REEE
Why won't you give your money you worthless NEETs?

Are you literally shaking?

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

Pygmalion is probably next.

Let's settle this once and for all.
What is the best version of "Emiya"?
The original? Extra? Zero? UBW's adaptation? Another one?
youtube.com/watch?v=cUs8FEsDUZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=8kqls64aYUs
youtube.com/watch?v=tIkp-roj3Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=1ErwgLxBNL0

strawpoll.me/11928704

Archer

7/10. There are some strong parts but both Asuka and Aries' routes are pretty weak (especially Aries which is just setup for the rest of the plot). Overall it's filled with a lot of melodrama you'd expect from a regular romance story, and most of the bigger problems are resolved in mundane ways, which kind of devalues how the characters react to a lot of the events.

Not that user but I like Aqua's route because of all the buildup you get from 2048, you'll feel for Aqua a lot more than the other heroines. It's also the most complete route and it explains things the best.

Asuka's route was subpar though. Best thing about it was Akira, and it also makes his behavior in Aqua's route a lot more understandable.

>The meme was real
Saber confirmed for cuck.

kickstarter.com/projects/1986219362/dies-irae-english-localization-project-commences/comments
only 67k more, this should be easy

Nutaku will edit the tits of the Maitetsu lolis to make them seem not loli.
Remember this.

Eternal lolis are the best.

Dies Irae it's on its way to being fully funded.
So much for people boycotting them. Plotge is saved in the west.

Soon

I miss Yuuji

Akira did nothing wrong.

Choose my next vn for me

>tfw when you cuck your waifu with your future self

Utawarerumono or Kikokugai

Steins;Gate my dude

Kikokugai looks cool
I already watched the show like 2 years ago. Would it even be worth it?

Fata Morgana

Any of you know if it'd be possible to save a vn to a cloud service and play off that?

It'd be nice to switch from my desktop to laptop without having to fuck around with files

Yes, the show covers only the true route (there's 5 more) and even in that one it doesn't go in as much dept as the VN.

Just upload your saves and have the game installed in both machines.

Thanks m8 here's a (You)

nice

Ayakashibito. You will not regret it.

Man do I wish I could play that again for the first time

What did you like about it? the setting seems cool. Maybe I'll check it when i'm done with kikokugai

Not him but Ayakashibito has a great MC. He honestly made the VN for me.

Is the MC as good as Yuuji? He's probably the best one I've experienced

They're completely different kinds of MCs but yeah I would say so. MC from Ayakashibito is one of those MCs that are really endearing and you want to root for him.

Well yes this but I was just very much into it's story. I'm used to Japan having stories where the teenagers have powers but I liked how they tied them into youkai and had that be part of many of the routes' plot. I think there are two things about it I thought were great. One thing I liked about it was the action. There is some very very intense and fun to read action sequences in the game. It was just an enjoyable read that has a pretty darn good story if I do say so. The other is the adults. My god, the adult figures in this VN are really really cool, especially the MC's teacher

Also Suzu is love, Suzu is life

He's not like Yuuji at all but I think the best way to describe him is chill and not in that "I'm a lazy asshole but when the plot needs me to fight, I do", I mean like just a very relaxed kind of regular dude who can kick ass. Also he has a voice.

Thanks for the info boys. I'll give it a read

Best girl.

It's a shame Suzu route fell off pretty hard in its later half. Other than that, two of the first three routes are pretty damn good.

What are some other VNs that feature Commodore Perry? I know Sengoku Rance does as well, but that's it.

Ok this vn is the fucking greatest

this is a christian board you heathen

Play the remake version you fool. It's better in every way.

didn't know that existed. Too late now tho I'm already engrossed

Also I can't find the bloody thing

tehtawm.wordpress.com/

It adds
>voice acting
>new CGs
>better art
>better effects
The only downside is the H is censored a bit but trust me you want this version.

It's all ages, it's not on sukebei, but on regular nyaa.

I don't know how to operate this shit. Please spoonfeed the install my bro

What's with that crotch bulge? Does Ryou have a penis?

That's just a patch. You need to get the game elsewhere.

I don't remember it that well, but the later half is the more action-y part right? I thought it was okay

I think I remember the endings though, all of them were quite good conclusions, Good, True and "Bad". Obviously, the one that turns into a kaiju battle is the best one

I don't remember much of it either, only the feeling of disappointment remains.