tool thread

we talk about our tools

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tv_KHH55qdQ
youtu.be/LhrDhWdwFis
youtube.com/watch?v=aZcSCT34H84
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

that thing she's lying on looks more fun than herself

I'm disappointed that craftsman is rarely Made in USA now.

maybe this will change soon

do you guys usually buy sets or only the sockets or pieces you need?

Both. I noticed awhile back that I had a shitload of mismatched screwdrivers so I bought a whole set. But if I need a giant fucking socket, I'll just buy that one. I have so many socket sets, I don't even know where the fuck they all came from.

Buy a set to start, buy individuals to make job kits (ie the box I take to the off road park or the race track).

it does not increase the torque, as torque depends on the length of the lever (wrench).

Harry should have used a second wrench and done that trick, or just put a pipe over the wrench to extend the lever arm.

literally 13 minutes in MS paint

That took you 13 minutes?

yees

you could have easily verified this by checking the post times

If I need something in a typical use range [8mm-18mm, 1/4-3/4] then a set, but specialty stuff like 36mm socket for the final drive nut on my Triumph I just buy as a single, I'm sure there's a 28-38mm set or something but really I don't need the rest of those

all I got for you

Can we talk about this specimens fine feet?

sharing this cool video i found

youtube.com/watch?v=tv_KHH55qdQ

I had no idea.

That is genuinely helpful information man. Thanks!

Buy sets. Only buy sockets and individual pieces for sizes not generally included in sets. IE really large sockets/wrenches.

No point in paying $1, for 10 mm, $2 for 18, $4 for 15mm 1/2 inch. When you can easily just buy a set for $20 off craigslist or something that will have all the missing ones you need.

I asked for a simple mechanics toolbox for Christmas. I'm probably going to get shitty chink tools that break on the first bolt but oh well

are these a meme?

If you don't even have a simple toolbox yes, the shitty chink tools will do you just fine m8. They're fine for most things, they just won't last a lifetime of abuse like expensive shit often does

Not at all, unless you like scratching your shit.

for Veeky Forums who only has shitboxes that can be scratched without anyone noticing, yes.

>trump supporters are this fucking stupid
lol

when there is a set you can only find the ones you don't use
honestly some sizes of bolt are not often encountered

as for the rope and being a trick question
it would still increase force but though twisting and and being like a spring
hard to explain but its a bit like how screw drivers with a longer shank can impart more force

Yeah I am pretty sure he meant to say feet, but as a gearhead he typed tools without thinking.

>bolt is so stuck the wrench bends instead

i dont thnk this is right
any of it

how often do you guys oil your impact wrenches?

usually sockets or wrenches in sets. those "complete" mechanic set things usually skip sizes, and I don't need those plastic boxes they come in either.

You learned that on Facebook, no?

Air tools, the first time I use it that day, or the start of the day IF I know i'll use it. But I wrench motorcycles, so impacts are reserved for a few specialized jobs.

Of course they're not, you fucknut

nothing will change

Aw sweet dude Hazet tools

Trumpfags don't understand this

I guess their "Pro" line is still made in the US. Almost all of my Craftsman stuff is US made. Just sucks that I'm gonna get china shit if I need to replace any of it.

Papa Trump will fix this.

Sets but I have millions of loose ones from buying sets, losing a couple, and buying a new set.

>what is PB blaster

>USA
>competitive in manufacturing
Will never happen with unions, pay, and benefits that "people deserve." It's the reason detroit was destroyed.

Sorry, but 50 year old TERRY shouldnt get paid $60k a year to work on a paintline. Its no wonder our country is fucked

Somewhat true. It's nice that these people were paid a wage where they could feed their families but the pensions and some of the wages for real low skill jobs killed it.

It's not even that the manufacturing processes are shitty overseas, but you often lose an aspect of quality control. But for what it costs to pay the gooks vs paying Terry $60k to watch some press stamp the names into tools, businesses just can't survive doing it in the US unless they are a specialty place.

Klein needs to make more mechanic stuff and sell it at a rate far less ridiculous than Snap On. I'm down to buy American made, but not if it means paying 1000% more for a negligible increase in quality.

>whole world is being stirred up right at this very moment by so many happenings

>nothing will change

How is it even physically possible to be this ignorant

Cool nice strawman thracks.

I've got a big tool for her right here.

American manufacturing simply relies more on automation rather than slave labor like in China. Maybe union bashers haven't read any history books but unions played a big part in the things we take for granted now, like 40hr work weeks, overtime pay, benefits, safe work places, etc.

OR maybe we should go back to the good old days, of the late 1800's, when there was no middle class and kids work 60 hours a week in factories.

Hell, there's no middle class now.

Unions are good in some respects but a lot of them have gotten ridiculous.

lmao what happenings? If you think Trump is going to do anything to help the middle class you got another thing coming. His entire cabinet is nothing but fat-cat corporatists.

>nothing will change heh

Then why do you care so much?

youtu.be/LhrDhWdwFis

I agree that unions have sometimes gone too far but I also think executive compensation goes too far. Why is it that there's not enough money for pay raises but there is enough money for million dollar executive retreats twice a year?

The problem is that unions no longer serve that purpose but have retained their violent, strongarm tactics. They no longer serve -any- purpose outside extreme outlier situations where somebodys rights are legitimately being trampled on. Otherwise they just keep threatening to sue or strike to get more kickbacks, breaks during the day, more pay or whatever, and if anyone from within has a problem with it their get their family threatened or beat until they get back in line and keep demanding more from their employers, until the factory shuts down and relocates to a right to work state.

>go to buy a hazet socket
>it costs $100 USD

am i an ungrateful piece of shit for getting a socket set like this made in china for a present and loathing it?

yep, goto lowes and buy kobalt sockets and ratchet to replace them, never tell whoever gave it to you.

Immediately replace with quality tools

Never say a word

I'll take it off your hands.

leave it in your trunk.

I've got a 5 dollar HF set that I leave in my trunk for that express purpose. I've used it once so far, but its nice to have. I've got a little tool bag that's got majority of shit you'd ever need to fiddle with cars for small stuff.

also its got a 6.5mm socket, never seen it before. Its apparently the metric "equlivent" of 1/4, which is 6.35mm.

pic related

i always use 6mm for 1/4"

It will make a great car toolset, just throw it in the trunk for emergencies.

should have stuck with the rope

Make sure to put a CLEAN microfiber towel over the paint underneath that thing.

I take care of my tools so I put a drop or two of oil in my air tools every day that I use them, just like the manual suggests.

Snap on? More like Snap off!

cheater pipes are bad, mkay?

I used to, but the way he's doing thing tells me this will be four years of garbage then someone capable will take the reins and reverse it. At least hillary lost I guess. Wish it hadn't had to be to that idiot.

Those fucking ratchets are terrible.

Sockets will still work tho and it's always worth having some extras. Plus the one has the spark plug sockets and those are good to have. Or use it as a car or kitchen set.

Redpill me on Proxxon.

How much is that? I like how the stuff is labeled but what the hell is goin on with those extensions?

this exact set is 96.88 eurobucks, which is above average but not best of the best. Hazet or Würth tools are pretty much snap-on tier but then such a set would cost 180 eurobucks and more.

>what the hell is goin on with those extensions?
it looks they have a square drive lug so you can use them as a T-handle

>no 25mm

reeeeeeee

There's this nice tool video on youtube, with great music!
youtube.com/watch?v=aZcSCT34H84

That's what I thought looking at it but just odd putting it on an extension.

Still missing a lot of essentials, but I can get most stuff done

yes it does, fucking snap-on used to have 1/2" ratchet heads that used an extension as a handle