Stripper vs Loaded

If user were in a position to finance-to-own a (let's say pony) car, would you go for the base model or a well-equipped model?
>Examples:

$35k Camaro 1SS vs $45 Camaro 1LE
$40k Challenger Scat Pack vs $50k Challenger SRT
$40k Mustang GT (loaded) vs $50 GT350 (base)

If you went with cheaper models on Camaro/Chally you would give up 6-piston brakes and performance features like Magnetic Ride Control - and all the luxury/tech features that come with a higher trim.
A $40k Mustang GT is loaded to the tits, but would you spend $10k more for the +100HP Voodoo?

NOT financing an extra $10k in features would save someone with good credit about $200/month - which could then be spent on aftermarket big brake kits and suspension bits.

What say Veeky Forums?

Good luck finding a gt350 for around base price. Also go big or go home.

Alternatively you could compare:

$30k Challenger RT vs $40k Challenger Scat Pack (only dif is 375HP 5.7 vs 485HP 6.4)

$30k Mustang GT (base on clearance) vs $40k Mustang GT (loaded with every option)

I'm praying GM puts the 535HP 'LT2' in the Camaro with the 10speed and call it the Z28. Price it between $50-60k.

Yea, this is all kinda fantasy numbers. SRTs and 1LEs don't exactly get discounts either.

Or for the vapebros:
$25k WRX
Or
$35k WRX STI

>implying anyone wouldnt opt for the DCCD

I don't know, but I am obligated to reply to the TIE Defender, as it is my favorite imperial ship.

How is there not a space RTS for Empire vs Rebels vs Republic vs Jedi vs Droid I don't fucking know. Like Homeworld

Or a first person space sim with all the iconic ships, letting you trade, fight, mine, and all that other stuff in the Star Wars universe. I had hope Disney would know what to do with the IP video game wise, but nope, just a torrent of EA garbage.

If you intend to pay it off and own it for the foreseeable future, go for the higher trim/special ediition/extra features. It will help maintain its value especially if it has a rare configuration.

If this is strictly a toy or something you will trade out of Ina few years, get the stripper. Pony cars especially, value drops to half MSRP in 5 years.

Not posting best space hind

Mid-range.
> Base model
Makes you look poor.
Missing key features.
Uncomfortable.
Underpowered.

> All the bells and whistles
Expensive.
Makes you look like a tryhard.
Has too many features you won't need.
Won't keep the extra value.

> Middle of the road
Most of the features.
Comfy seating.
Makes you look financially responsible.
Not overpriced.
Won't have too much crap, won't be missing anything hugely important.

Midrange is best, especially if you can pick and choose the features you want.
And especially if it's your DD.

>letting you trade, fight, mine, and all that other stuff
You just want EVE Online with a Star Wars reskin.

empire at war

God, no. How did you ever get that from my description? I'm thinking a Star Wars Freelancer or Privateer, or possibly Star Citizen, if it comes out like they promise. Can you imagine a SW Star Citizen with proper funding and a competent team? Would be incredible.

THIS IS A SHILL THREAD

LOOK AT THE MODEL OF CARS MENTIONED

ITS QUINTISENTIAL PLEASE ARGUE WITH ME THEN EACH OTHER MATERIAL

This is good advice, for basically any purchase. Too expensive and it loses too much value with no return, but a base model doesn't command enough resale value and isn't as nice to live with. Diminishing returns, basically, just like improving a house.

Mid range means people generally can't complain "but it doesn't have X", as it has most of the things people want. It also, more importantly, has the things YOU want. It is your car, and to get any sort of value from it, you'll be driving it for a while, so you had better like it. You won't like a base model in most cases.

* does not apply to collector or limited edition models. All bets are off on those... Could flop and be worth nothing more than the base, could be worth 3x as much in 5 years.

Surprisingly, I'd go for a WRX over an STi to avoid the social stigma of vaping and have a more "around town" power band. The STi's power is all up on the north end.

Lt engine is dogshit.

Id get the ls camero used

T. Ausfag

Rhd camero when?

Ops examples were kinda the middles of the road options. All those manufacturers also make 60k+ supercharged variants.

I guess the real question is, do you buy all the suspension and brake upgrades with the car or DIY in the aftermarket?

5th gen a shit senpai

Alpha platform godtier

4th gen

The LS1 was 4th gen and made ~325, the LS3 was 5th and made 430.

wow that's a big radiator

DIY typically detracts from the resale value, unless you get it done by a garage, keep the paperwork, and make sure it's a genuine upgrade. Otherwise the money is better spent on the factory options.

For you

Get off of Veeky Forums now...
That's obviously an intercooler.

I really like that front bumper, wish that was stock

Always go loaded. My taco has heated leather seats and a sunroof and those aren't even options.

> not doing what you want because strangers on the internet think it's a meme

You're like the definition of BETA

>ITS QUINTISENTIAL PLEASE ARGUE WITH ME THEN EACH OTHER MATERIAL

Exactly why I come to Veeky Forums

Well that and the anime stickers