/dfg/- Dwarf Fortress General

Best Rock

Previous thread:>Download the basic game here. Current version is Dwarf Fortress 0.43.05
bay12games.com/dwarves/

>Official forums:
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php

>Find a bug? Don't tell us! Tell Toady! Complaining in the thread will accomplish nothing.
bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt

>Have a question? Check the wiki first:
dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Main_Page

>Fireden archived threads:
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/Dwarf Fortress/

>Dwarf Therapist (Out of Date):
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.0

>DFHack (Out of date. Alpha version available, expect issues if you use it.):
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.0
Alpha: github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.43.05-alpha1

>Starter Pack (Out of Date):
bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126076.0

>More DF stuff:
pastebin.com/AnsHjQ40

>Dwarf Fortress General IRC chat:
en.irc2go.com/webchat/?net=freenode&room=dwarffortress
(to connect yourself: webchat.freenode.net #dwarffortress)

>A bunch of guides to various parts of fort-based living:
imgur.com/a/nGyRF#0

>Video tutorials:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBrdUj1adIBD-vgUodaaxebcdqQ4oEWtg
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD1A3FE72C0DCAC66 (Dated, but good)

>Text tutorials:
dwarffortresswiki.org/DF2014:Tutorials
members.iinet.net.au/~morty/Getting_Started_with_Dwarf_Fortress.pdf

>This pasta:
pastebin.com/iAduXzjn

Strike the earth!

i choose this general

me too

ninedots > other votes

>Captcha: CHRIST Speed

Nth for keep the fuck on topic this time.

Why? The second some alt-right sperg feels buttmad about "muh es jay dubuuuuz" they'll lose their mind about some unknown whore bitching about females in games to look cool with their crisp dank memes

I'm posting bote until toady adds botes and we can have real fishing into the game

>t. Hillary shill
You lost, shut the fuck up already

But why does Toady vote left

>when you are in /pol/ for so long you false flag and samefag at the same time
/DWARF FORTRESS GENERAL/

Ok, i need to get rid of kids from my fort ( i have 100 dorfs and 35 of them are kids ... ) to improve fps.
How do i lure them into my drowning chamber ?
Burrows dont work, i cant draft them into military and i cant think of any other way to get them there.

Fuck off.

HATE SYMBOL

RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST RACIST

Flood your ENTIRE fortress right after burrowing the non-kid dwarves somewhere save

Is that Trump?

I'll come back to these threads when the update comes out. This is just ridiculous.

Didn't I tell you those faggots would post the general in /pol/ and then they did and this is what happened.

Enjoy this cancer until chink m00t nukes /pol/ or makes up a global rule to keep these faggots under control.

Good, we don't want any hillary shills here

Fuck off shill

>Good, we don't want any hillary shills here

They've been shitting up other threads too, trying to act like poltards but their hand always slips and they reveal themselves to be Hillary shills.

They must be butthurt as hell over the recount failing and Jill Stein running off with the money.

This

This is why I like /dfg/

Fuck shills

>stirring shit in the most chillest general there is

And something less ... radical ?

If i set children to be eligble for work in Therapist, will it make them use burrows or able to get drafted ??

Are the emails stored there?

Hi /dfg/.

I hate SJWs, here's why:
>they're fat
>they're stupid
>they have weak chins
>they wear glasses
>they're stupid

Hey guys, I've been to /pol/ and it's actually a pretty good board, you guys should try it out.

Go Bernie!

So the more we shitpost, the more OC nines produce? Sweet deal.

Bunch of /leftypol/ fags around here

I can smell them

Here, have an upboat!

I think g00k should actually add upvotes, atleast for cool boards that deserve it, like /pol/ or /int/, and maybe Veeky Forums

Since we're talking about Veeky Forums, don't you think it's a great board? Today learned Charlemagne was actually black!

go away /pol/!

We're nearing critical mass shitposting

I mean, /pol/ is bad, but /leftypol/ is even worse, if I have to choose, I'd go with /pol/

Also, what is your favorite /pol/ meme guys? Post it!

Yes, this is a good meme, I like it, post more!

But rapefugees are a thing

Ninedots should draw some /pol/ OC!

i like the carlcuck meme a lot, because it shows how ugly and stupid sjws are. google it. i won't post it, or the cultural marxist janitor will ban me

Yeah, he should!

>Hiroshimoot
>Doing anything
Every person that could be considered staff on this site suck at maintaining boards.

Gonna start a new fort in a couple of days. How tall should I make the crucifix so I can build a church on top?

Where does their food go?

>pic

Tall enough that you anything you throw off it instantly splatters blood all over the crucifix.

Sounds reasonable. Hopefully I won't get ravaged by the supernatural beforehand.

But what about rape simulators, should those be banned?

What is your opinion /dfg/?

I mean, it really depends on the culture, in mine, rape is bad, but in Africa's culture, rape is usually encouraged, so I think they would buy them if they had money and computers.

I'm pretty sure that the general consensus is that you should fuck off.

>I leave to have lunch with a friend and come back a hour later and its a new thread with 40+ posts.
What the fuck is going on?!

esotericly amazing as normal.
wish I could .gif

What about /r9k/? I think this is a good place to discuss if we should delete it.

My honest, non-meme opinion: yes. Look at Japan, their rape statistics are nowhere normal for an industrialised country. I refuse to believe that the visual novel industry is innocent.

Post comfy DF related pics to drive the /pol cucks away.

I mean, they gave us great memes like pepe and wojak, but right now they aren't being very original, and it doesn't seem like it's gonna change, maybe deleting it would be a good idea, didn't Hiroshima talk about deleting boards lately? Maybe he could start with /r9k/

Don't enable them. What is wrong with you?

Yes, but we have to understand Japan's culture first.

Is rape a good thing in Japan's culture? If it is then it's their choice to change it or not, banning them would leave lots (probably 50% of the population) without a job, so we have to think about what would happen

And what about 9/11? Was it an iside job?

Answer me /dfg/!

Talking about rape, maybe if we legalized it our birth rates would increase, and that's good for the economy! Do you think rape should be legal in the USA /dfg/?

Isn't exactly DF, but always makes me think of it.

But if we legalize rape, I think we should ban rape simulators, to stop people from raping virtually instead of in the real world, don't you think that too /dfg/?

But there are several types of rapes, which ones should we legalize? Male-female only? Female-male too? What about male-male and female-female?

Reminds me of sim city 2000

I wouldn't want to be raped by a male honestly, but if it was a female I wouldn't mind, of course, that's just my opinion, what do you think /dfg/? Would you mind being raped by a male? What about a female? Or both at the same time?

And what about age, at what age should people be allowed to rape, and to get raped? Should it be different depending if the person is male or female? I think this is an important question and we should discuss it.

And what about transexuals? Should we allow people to mutilate their genitals? I think it's pretty disgusting, but then again, it's only my opinion, what do you think /dfg/?

I've never played that one. Do you think its worth buying off GoG?

>tfw Toady still haven;t add animal doctoring and healthcare
>tfw i have four or five crippled war dogs just limping around and leaving trails of blood all around their station ground
>tfw i cant do anything about it

As a dog owner and lover - i hate this :(

Moar for the love of god..

God, you must lead a pathetic life ...

And what about religion, should we change it to a religion that allows rape? I think it would be important for religious people.

Apparently we are being raided.

I mean, you might be right, but what is the definition of pathetic? Maybe yours is different from others, I think every person in the world should come up with their own definition of pathetic, don't you think so /dfg/?

>people are actually responding to politicsposters
>people are actually acknowledging politicsposters

You all deserve this for being so easily baited.

Yes, it is good.

And what about pissjugs, or shitbuckets, do you guys have any in your room, I have a couple in my room, that way I don't have to leave and I can continue posting.

Yes, and this is good! This why I love /dfg/!

>tfw I can only draw some geometric autism and very small doodles
>tfw can't do living things to save my life
Everytime I try doing something that would not fit a foot note I get bored. Did you had to practice a lot?

Report and ignore.

>tfw to intelligent to not use the outdated starter pack

When /4xg/ tried making strategy general there was an autist so adamant on taking down that even with the timer he flooded the thread and took it down. It's really shit that under the new administration mods are quite lax and useless.

Please don't give it attention, it's what it wants.
I'll try to dig up some more stuff in s similar vein

That's from a resident drawfag. I haven't been here for a long time but he seems like a really cool guy.

Yeah, I know right? I think we should change mods, we should recruit some mods from /pol/, those guys seem like they would be good for the job!

You slut. I thought I was talking to timbuk.

>chessboard is 4x6
>pieces are identical and all over the board
I'm pretty triggered right now.

Ah yes, Timbuk, I love Timbuk! I think he should draw some /pol/ OC in his style, that would be very interesting to see, don't you think /dfg/?

Okay what is up with my soldiers just leaving shit on the floor of the barracks ?
Do they switch their armour for better quality ones and just dump their old ones on the ground ?
They are proffesional soldiers who have no labours switched on and they are training all the times ( thats why i have 3 swordmasters already ). Pic fucking related.

IM sorry, i will try to do better.

I used to draw a lot but for life of me i cant draw anything using computer ...
That makes me think - i should try again...

And what about /v/? Why do people call anons from there /v/ermin? I think it's a pretty good board, very /pol/ly!

Drawing, drawing is cool, I tried to draw but I'm very bad at it so I gave up, but I don't think you should give up easily, what about you /dfg/? Do you give up easily on things?

Goblins
I find time to draw when doing something else. be it watching a movie, staff meeting, dinner you get better over time. Lord knows my stuff is still below par, but I have progressed slightly.
use pen so you have to live with your mistakes and make something of it.

I mean, giving up is fine, but maybe, if you endure, eventually you will get good at something and be happy, or maybe you will never get good and just waste your time, and feel awful, but that's ok too! Because you have now learned that you can't do that particular thing and you should stick to other things!

One thing I haven't given up on is virginity, I haven't lost mine yet! And I don't think I will, I'm not interested, but if someone is willing, well, anything to make them happy, what about you /dfg/? Are you still a virgin?

What I imagine every dragon sees all the time.

Do you think Hiro should make a board only for virgins? I think he should, we could take the place of /r9k/! I bet we could make much higher quality memes! And talking to other virgins about life would be interesting too.

You should start drawing.

Something like that.

Ha first Titan killed and now first siege

>that one mod that looks at a report
>goes to thread
>bans
>doesn't read anything else

>whole thread is 10x identical shitposts that he left behind only cleaning the one
>the one he cleaned was the mildest one
>week bannu

quality mods

What happened?

I just captured a goblin..

What should i do with him /dfg ??

My options include :
A - build a 15 z level high tower and toss him to splatter on the main courtyard of my fort
B - use already existing 13 z level shafy and simply dump him there in the caverns
C - use him as a training fooder for my soldiers
D - construct some elaborate room filled with traps and dump him there

What should i choose /dfg

>dislike furfags
>catwarriors always does it for me

fucking magic the gathering ruining me in childhood with that one card

I didn't even play the damn game just admired the art