Wood < aluminum/steel

aluminum bed? steel bed? Why not a wood bed, 100% replaceable, looks good, and wont get fucked by a tool box. Wood < Metal

>wood is less than metal

Gotcha

your inequality is backwards if you were implying wood was better than aluminum/steel

with an error this foolish you can expect every reasonable user to discard your opinion (yes, even if they agree with you)

autism

yeah I got triggered, so what? I am a mathematician after all.

You and OP are both idiots.

why not just make it out of the strongest metal?

OP here, when you realize your meme wasn't sound and you didn't reread your shit. Sorry for the let down.

diamonds?

do you have any idea how much PURE diamond metal would cost dumbfuck?

Had a truck with a wood bed a few years ago. It had a a few bad planks that I swapped out along with the trim. I eventually sold it for its fussiness with water on account ggggggggggggggggg gg gg gggggg ggggggggggggggg ggggggggggg gg ggggggggg ggggggggg ggggggggg ggggggggggg ggg gg. G guy. Gg ggg guy g gg yggggg. g huh. Gg huh yggg hug ygggg gggg ggg g guy gg ggggggg guy g hug hug. Gg gg ggg ggggg ggg ggggg gg gg ggg g guy. hug yggg g. Yg guy guy g guy g guy. Y g guy gggg gg hug. G hug y guy h ggg gun. G h hug yg hug g guy g gg y. G y guy. G GB v. hug. gg g. g huh huh huh huh. Gg hug y ggg g guy y gun. H ggg hug hug. hug. Ggggg guy g ygg hug hug. guy. g hug. g gggv. g. guy. Yv v guy yggg guy guy gv guy g guy. hug. guy. G. gg guy g. hug. GH gg hug. hug yg g hug. g guy hug y guy gggg gun. G guy. Huh y guy g gg guy. G guy. Yg g gg guy ggg hug y guy. gg hug. GH. Guy. V yyv. G hug. G. G y GB. G guy GB. Hug. hug. H g guy guy. guy. Ggh gg GB. gggg g hug. V. G gg guy h guy h. gg hug yg gg guy. Yyggg guy ggg guy gun gh gg g hug. hug. G yyg gg guy g v. Gg ggg guy. guy g guy g guy y guy g hug. gun. Ggg. G yg hug hug y hug. Gg gg. hug g ygg. Hug yg ggh gg hug hug g g yy guy guy. g GH y guy. g gun yggg hug yggg g guy gggggg ggg hug hug yggg gg gggggg hug. Ggg hug. hug. G hug yggg guy ggggggggg guy gg hug ygg gun. Gg gg gun. Gg guy. Yggg guy gg guy. Yyggg gggggggg ggg g hug hug. guy ggggg guy g guy guy. g yygggggggg gg v

You sir and/or madam win CODY and the day just started (12:37am) lucky you!!

what the fuck?

kek

?

God I hate you for making me laugh, you god damned retard.

Learn to recognize the signs of a stroke.

Why don't they make beds of if plastic
>doesn't rust
>stronger than military grade aluminum.

I missed this comic.

>

diamonds are not the strongest metal, they are the hardest metal
you use a diamond sawblade not a diamond hammer
strongest metal is some titanium alloy i think

D IS FOR LISDEXIA

>diamond metal

Why not just make the metal thicker than a soda can???????

Someone go check on Leroy. I think he passed out on the keyboard.

You don't have to go home, but you can't keep posting here.

Sometimes I throw a pallet in my rusty ass bed since it has no bed liner. How's that?

We can also put plastic over the metal so it can absorb any hard or sharp objects hitting it while protecting the metal underneath from rusting.

Why they havent designed something like this "bed liner" already beats me...

aluminum is best because it's the lightest, and everyone puts a bed linger in anyway, be it plastic, spray or wood.

>bed linger
bedliner ... fuck you spellcheck

>damage control

how dumb can you be ? you see every one rolling with it and you still doesn't question if it's a dumb meme or not

>diamond metal

wat

did you just stroke out

>steel
strong
rusts
can be protected with coatings
>aluminum
light
weak
can be made thicker (though becomes heavy) or have a bed liner to cover it
>wood
tough
rots
can be treated with creosote, but becomes incredibly toxic

F150 Aluminum beds are strong for wide flat objects. Sharp pokey objects then the old steel was better at resisting having a hole punctured. What my friend did was rough out a wooden bed for the truck. It's in smaller sections of course so it can be easily removed and replaced without gloves. The material used is outdoor plywood. He only puts it in if he is carrying a load with things protruding on the bottom. Otherwise he leaves it out for weight reduction.

I asked him and he said his plywood gets splintery since exterior plywood is still wood that gets exposed to ultraviolet and rain which makes it start to fall apart at the surface a bit and then start to splinter. He recommended to go to a big store such as Lowes or Home Depot as they have really giant sheets. If you have your truck bed measured out, they can cut out the pieces for you there because their saws can move up and down on the angled shelf platform holding the plywood sheet at his local stores. Your own store may vary. I asked about plastic composite decking which never splinters. He said he doesn't know how slippery that stuff is or if it has sandy grit mixed in. But grit can also grind away at your aluminum bed.

Lightweight shit is fine for cucktrucks which don't haul much.

Wooden work beds, besides being cheap, exist for the now obscure (unless you are a flatbed drive) option of nailing down chocks and because the friction of wood helps keep loads from shifting. Not the case for decorative wood beds which have raised beauty strips tho.

Back when wooden truck beds were a thing, trucks were expensive work vehicles and the US was poorer than one might thing. Wood was cheaper than metal.

Best tough bed floor is a sheet of 3/16" or so steel. Diamond plate is nice for traction but sucks to slide loads on.

A wooden bed protector for delicate aluminum fagbeds is a very good idea. Thanks for sharing.

I don't think it is advisable for the wooden bed to be in small sections in case of a collision. The impact can have those small wooden pieces fly off the bed and go forward into the cabin.

>aluminum bed? steel bed? Why not a wood bed
Depends on how you use wood.

Some people use whole sheets of plywood over the entire surface of the bed.

Some people put planks in between the aluminum ribs. That's not a real bed, but it will reduce the chance of something edged denting or holing your aluminum. You may have to use a joiner or planer to get each plank to the right height to fit between the ribs. Ya can pay the lumberyard to do it (mine can as it offers various services for a fee).

Unplug your brain and plug it back in

>Why not a wood bed
What kind of chemically treated wood is compatible with the painted metal bed of the truck? Does copper wood treatment cause any increase in the rate of galvanic or electrolysis reaction with an aluminum bed?

>Why not just make the metal thicker than a soda can???????
Ford indirectly did this with the F150 aluminum bed. Ford wanted better EPA stats with a lighter car. The company knew users would get a bed liner thus eliminating the company's responsibility to provide a bed that wouldn't puncture from the sharp corner of a laden tool chest falling onto the bed.

It's a cynically way to assume the typical customer will use a bed liner.

Don't haet what you don't understand.