/msc/ My Summer Car General

>Last time on 'My Summer Car'...
New upgrades, New Rival, The return of Eurobeat, and other exciting Finnish shenanigans
Old Thread: >What is this game?
Build a car, drink some peer, do some mundane work for good pay, and live like a Finn.

>In-depth Guide
my-summer-car.wikia.com/wiki/MY_SUMMER_CAR_GUIDE_2:_ELECTRIC_BOOGALOO

>Where can I get it?
store.steampowered.com/app/516750/

>Skins and images
satsuma.booru.org

>Tunes
Vice City Vrock broken into chunks with clean cuts.
my.mixtape.moe/qhgwsl.7z

>F-f-flash FM, music for the ME generation!
my.mixtape.moe/reptzo.7z

>Softwares
CheckMyBolts.exe
mega.nz/#!jRcHkD5b!Z7dzqdsKT4KM10PiypTC2vCJGauib_DDVu3Kzb9_7xA

MySummerCarSaveEditor.exe
mega.nz/#!mdVmmDpA!hqaof_wYbpRhuNy33X42zJdQiQIJn69PsML8l4AkaT0

Muffler Mod(requires latest update)
mega.nz/#!IkRBTK4C!4XhUzcV6GL_EdbXb6IE0HJerDoBGrb3xKOTl3FVUT_0

Post Satsumas.

Does the harness and roll cage help reduce death?

i've been trying to figure that out. might just go roll mine and see what happens.

bump before I head out. talk something, or else..

I had like a high speed triple rollo and survived. I've only survived single rollos before.

Oh yeah it does. I wrecked pretty bad like right after installing the seatbelt, didn't even have a cage. I would have definitely died before.

>not posting latest patch and update notes
this is why you will always be a failure and a disappointment

I masturbated and pleasured my ass with the muffler, pretty sure the roll cage saved me because I didn't die.

Fine Mr. Picky. Here.

-Removed one developer tool that could cause massive memory leak if accidentally activated
-Fixed issue where racing harness could be installed without roll cage
-Adjusted rear colliders of the truck that could cause unnecessary deaths
-Brought the green killer car back, but with randomized spawning (drives another direction now too)

-Fixed issue where some parts spawn back to store after removal and save
-Fixed issue where steering wheel could be installed without steering column and the wheel got lost
-Possible fix for add-on gauges shattering the windshield after windshield repair
-Jumping now resets any crouching position back to standing position
-Added car upgrades; racing tachometer, bucket seat, 4-point harness, roll cage and rally steering wheel
-Rally participation now requires installed safety gear
-You can now properly enter rally only with Satsuma car
-Fixed wrong name in rear left fender flare
-Added spark plug wrench for tightening spark plugs
-Made shopping bag rigid to solve bag instability issues
-All vehicles now die when they enter water, no permanent damage however
-Added separate setting for sun shadows and interior light shadows
-Fixed issue where engine simulation did not care whether pistons were bolted or not
-Fixed infamous "death bump" of the home road
-Changed spawn positions of some AI cars so that they don't spawn too obviously
-Added attempt to block lake side short cut route
-Green menace driver has been removed, RIP :(
-Added first version of AI car that can be driven with / raced against at the Peräjärvi center
-Increased strength of door locks
-Added slowly developing brake fluid leak
-Fixed issue with some used groceries getting set as "consumed" when quitting without saving
-Now when fuel tank is detached accidentally, random amount of fuel is lost
-Player can now die when driving the truck

// Your car body paint *might* reset with this update. There was a bug I found and fixed, but not sure if it affects your current save.

// The yellow AI car is very much work in progress so keep that in mind :D

Ideas for new jobs and adding a story:
>Changing oil at Fleetinari's
>Selling booze to underage party goers
>Paperboy route
>Shit truck belongs to drunk pub guy, but after you take him home once, you can bring him booze so passes out and you can "borrow" it to do jobs
>Satsuma starts assembled but very broken and incomplete. You must take it apart and fix it.

I can confirm that the roll cage alone doesn't do shit :(

>Satsuma starts assembled but very broken and incomplete. You must take it apart and fix it.
To expand on this: I think making us take it apart would make the game more accessable because people that can't build a car from parts at least can see where everything goes first. It's also more realistic, nobody builds a car from parts like how the game currently is. Having a cracked block would make us need to take the whole thing apart and put it back together. To force us to need with the suspension the should be aftermarket or broken/missing parts.

To the user last thread that mentioned setting the final drive to a negative number. Dont. Your car will slide sideways and disintegrate the second you start it.

These are great suggestions. Go post them on Steam, because that's where the dev hangs out.

that was a good kek, thank, user

Can we mod new parts into the game? I'd like to mod in a second (destroyed) engine block or piston to give my friend who knows nothing about cars the noob experience described

>Dont
I really should have listened.
>try -1 ratio
>isa poltti puisen veturin

You can toggle parts broken with the save editor.

Welp.

Praise kek.

Right, but if I give him a file with a broken block, then he has to tow it to Fleetinari's and can't really even fix it himself. I want to make a save file with a broken engine block and a new replacement block waiting on the workbench.

>Can't drive more than half a mile without overheating
>Try to drive to fleetari's: overheated
>Try to get to the store for coolant: overheated

I'm thinking about either using the save editor or starting a new game. I'll probably do the latter as it gives me something to do

Piss in the radiator

Is the fan belt still there? In last months patch my alternator was somehow tightened enough to break the fan belt after few kilometers. Recent patch didn't break anything from me this time or at least I hope so.

Other than that, have you checked all the bolts, the coolant level and fuel mixture?

has the saveviewer been updated yet?

Piss is just as good as coolant. This isn't My Winter Car.

Oh wait, I can build an engine without a cam shaft for the same effect, but without the issues.

>engine overheating a bunch but it's manageable
>burning oil like a saudi
>think the car is just shit and I need a new radiator
>drive into my garage for the 20th time
>oil filter sitting on the rack
fug

But what excuse is there to take apart suspension/interior?

Performance parts for the interior. Don't know about the suspension yet, I'm gonna think on it.

>4th gear
>rev limiter
>still too slow for the yellow eurobeat car

That's one hell of a photographer

Adjustable suspension kit when?

>Green menace driver has been removed, RIP

The lesson is: don't have fun.

He's been added back in

Not soon enough, but hopefully soon.

Hows the racing tach different from the stock?

It has a shift light and it's easier to read at a glance.

You can also fit the clock instead of the original tach, which is handy imo.

I tried waving the 4-point harness all over the driver seat, didn't see any check marks.

I'm that guy. Holy shit you were not kidding.

Gonna check the result in a bit.

If real life has any sway in this game it should hook to the car itself once the seat is in

>random part way in the background

wonder if it will run if i set the ratio back to normal?

Belts attach into the roll cage.

I loaded the save and satsuma is flying

Turns out the fuel tank flew off somewhere. Now it's been attached, the car works. Also found a part.

ok kiitos

This was the last thing I ever saw

this is how the photographer chose to present it

Good for environment

The car itself ended up in the impenetrable forest area.

Is their a counterweight for the tractor?

Guys what is wrong with engine

I never thought of it before but the trailer might work.

Missing timing cover, crankshaft pulley, water pump, water pump pulley and fan belt.
There may be more but that's all I can tell from the picture.

i was a drive and fan belt break so i replace did something else in engine break too?
i remove that stuff to see problem

I don't know, I was just using my MSC knowledge.
You should ask here.

i am talking about msc nigger
this is msc my car belt is weird and fucked

Well why did you post a picture of a real engine?
I can't help you unless you post pictures of your in game engine or at least describe the problem.

>drive into town to mess with yellow faggot
>pull up next to the shop
>notice fatigue is at red
>not enough time to make it home
>fug
>sprint into the shop
>buy as much peer as I can afford
>start chugging it while pissing infinitely as yellow faggot does donuts around me and slams into a tree
>a case and a half in, sweet darkness finally takes me
>wake up mysteriously transported home, boat back to town, merrily drive away

Honestly I feel like too much fatigue shouldn't kill you, but rather do the same effect as chugging 2 cases of peer. It just seems like shitty artificial difficulty the way I see it

Timing belt on backwards, lol.

>trying to do donuts with yellow faggot
>rams into me out of nowhere
>beb

I agree, it means if you feel like going out to town during the day there's a sense of urgency that doesn't feel fun, it's just another thing that can kill you

Lul nice meme belt is on upside down

Are you blind?

I'm no mechanic.

You don't need to be a mechanic to tell how that belt is supposed to work i am no mechanic either friend

Is there a way to use the saveviewer to instantly apply custom paint jobs? I want to check out how paintjobs look in game, and not just from the menu. It's a hassle to wait a day per skin when I have like 10 different skins to compare...

nice

Once you buy the custom paintjob, you can change it for free. It will update when you load the game or press f5.

If you paint your car with a custom paintjob, it will refresh every time the game is loaded. Just change the file out.

thank

reply to this post if you've been playing the same save game since october or before and _did_ get phone calls for new jobs.

the phone is grounded. it shouldn't electrocute anyone ever.

Maybe the ground slot isn't wired.

could be right. my own house is like that. grounds that aren't actually grounded. it was built in the 40s of murka tho, this is rural finland, are they as fucking out of date?

SATSUMA WHAT FUCK ARE YOU DOING UP THERE

WHAT THE FUCK

lmao how the fuck did you manage that

You're so dirty it doesn't want you to drive it anymore.

I was pushing against her left rear tyre, in a circular motion. Her fender started to get banged up, and then suddenly she just fucking launched. She hung up there until I started walking closer, then she fell down into an impenetrable forest area.

where the hell do you mount the new tach?

On top of the steering column.

in front of the speedo?

YUP

that's shit. I can barely see the spedometer now. Fuck that.

Lazy electricians are never out of date.

>that depressing as fuck song played twice in a row
Just kill me.

>have like $6000 worth of shit plugged into an ungrounded plug

It's actually really helpful, because you don't care about speed anymore, just going fast.
Also, there is 5mm bolt underneath that need to be tighten. And you need to adjust light for your red zone.
Rally speedometer will be later anyway.

Better get a surge protector.

Is rally speedo confirmed?

No, but it's kinda obvious.

>surge protectors don't work when your shit's ungrounded

then you better make sure to turn off everything during a storm