>Made in the 90s
>200HP on a 1.8 liter
>Lame ass scion FRS and modern 4 cylinders still can't touch it
>Modern Civic Si with 2.4L is still only 200HP

Auto manufacturers, explain yourselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FghHghOaypM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whoa are you a car guy? You sure know a lot about cars.

Oh you know I'm the best, bruh.

deminishing returns

even if they threw every meme at it like turbo, Hybrid Kinetics or both you'd get way worse fuel econ and it would weigh alot more

>hurrdurr what is emissions

I doubt it pollutes that hard, especially not as much as V6s from that era which barely made shit for power and polluted a fuckton.

Modern Si is a 1.5L with 200-300hp

>v6s from that era

yeah things got more strict in the last 20 years

>Recirculating blowby back into the intake
>EGR bullshit
You're probably right as to why you're kinda limited to how fast you can go while being legal.

We're probably never going to see a new honda screamer at least on the streets.

>caring about emissions
We breathe out carbon dioxide too you spastic

DUDE. this is gold. You nearly baited me.

>what is torque?

This is much older than american "muh emissions" it actually helps NA engines reliability in a few ways.

emission's and shit bruv

Map car made of tinfoil with a 4 cyl.

You don't buy a bently to plow fields. If you want barrels of torque look at late 80's early 90's German diesels.

E P A
P
A

Overtaking someone without having to shift down 2 gears and revving the engine out on the street is nice

(You)

(You)

I always thought EGR was designed to help with cold start/run emissions, care to elaborate on reliability aspect(s)?

(me)

:)

They can make more powerful engines if they want, but it's probably not worth it.

I drive an auto, can I ask why is it you guys downshift to pass? wouldn't you want to upshift to be able to go faster?

How do you not understand you accelerate faster in a lower gear? That's literally the point of a gearbox.

And I can fuck my wife myself instead of paying some niggers to do it, but its probably not worth it.

oh to be honest I had no clue lol, I always feel like I get best acceleration by going slow in first gear then right when I hit second I slam the gas and rocket but it can still go in first gear just didn't know I should just be slamming first instead

Imnoy sure if your trolling but incase your not and are just a newbie with an auto transmission let me help you out.

Engines have a range of rpms where they make the best power. Its different for each engine model and depending on mod such as intake echaust etc it will be different to each engine. For optimal acceleration you want to selecf a gear that will put you into this range. Called the powerband. And then shift up when you reach the top of the range so you continue to be in powerband while you accelerate. Usually in a street drivong scenario you will be in a higher gear which means your rpm are lower do in order to get to the powerband you downshift which is going to a lower gear and increases the engine rpm amd puts you into the powerband.

On auto cars all of this is handled by the cars computer or transmission. Howerer if you notice when you step hard on the gas it will accelerate slowly at first then kick up as the engine noise and rpms oncrease. Usually this is the transmission downshifting for you to put you into the powerband. Or it is the car turning the overdrive module off which does the same thing as it lowers the final drive gear ratio.

K series is better in every way

WELP GUYS HE DOUBTS THAT IT PRODUCES MORE EMMISSIONS

THAT MEANS THE ENGINE IN THE FRS WAS THE WRONG ONE

EVEN THOUGH A HONDA MOTOR IN A TOYOTA IS SACRALIDGE

>engines exclusively used in fwd trash

the F20 is better in every single fucking way

>inb4 hurrr muh burgerking times
>inb4 muh driving experience

Kill yourself

On a side note, how come the performance red top Honda engines are so reliable? Wouldn't they be under much more stress than your average engine?

The K series have as much power potential as the F20 while being more economical

>87 ft-lbs torque at 6500rpm
>114 ft-lbs max
>stressed

>25 ft-lbs @ 3000rpm
>4 ft-lbs @ 1000rpm

But... A Bently does have buttloads of torque. So does that mean I CAN plow fields with it?

I've never had to shift down to anything but third to overtake, and I drive a B18C1
Hell, I rarely have to do that, or rev it past 4k

That's why we launch at 4000 rpm while riding the clutch.

>shift down 2 gears

If you're already shifting gears, it literally doesn't matter if you're shifting down one or 4. Unless you blow goats at driving an automobile.

So ob the highway you shift from 6th to 3rd to overtake someone? Thanks for proving my point

>b18c1
>6 speed
Wut
And no, I shift from my overdrive to fourth unless I feel like being a racecar driver considering a freeway overtake would put me at the tip top of third (tho it can hit 90 before I absolutely have to put it in fourth)

congrats on being fucking stupid

Honda's from that area have a massive burnt oil stain above the exhaust. Is that really good for the environment? high compression=high wear=burning oil

Integras didn't even have 6 speeds? Explains why my friend always bitches about his car sitting at 4000rpm when doing the speed limit on the highway

>>Lame ass scion FRS and modern 4 cylinders still can't touch it

produces some 20 less torques than a BRZ.

I guess that doesnt matter huh.

>2L motor from 2012 produces only 20 lbs more than a 1990s motor
I'm really impressed over here.

>what are transmissions
>what is gearing

yes, what are they, tell me.

thats still more.

lets not also forget that the B18C also only came in JDM type R cars. when new they would have cost the equivalent of 30-35k USD new adjusting for inflation, from 96-01.

FA20 also benefits greatly from boosting. unlike a honda thing thats already strung out way too much with its glass transmission and bizarre compression.

Must be why people love boosting Honda engines

>Must be why people love boosting Honda engines

with what?

imagination?

Some people also love fucking traps.

Doesnt mean it makes sense and its not gay though.

you can turbocharge a pigs ass. it still wouldn't make much sense compared to most other options.

>Modern Civic Si with 2.4L is still only 200HP
EPA, smog, etc.
The K24 can easily reach 280hp while being NA.

>deminishing

Not him but my understanding is and EGR recirculates exhaust gases into the intake and then subtracts the volume of exhaust gas from the displacement of the engine, adding only the amount of fuel for the remaining displacement, effectively allowing the engine to run at proper stoich while running at a smaller displacement and consuming less fuel. Of course the engine is making less power too which results in less wear, so in situations where the egr is open, such as idling the engine is wearing out significantly slower

Because 8.5k-9k rpm redline with shit torque is ass for driveability

>Of course the engine is making less power too which results in less wear, so in situations where the egr is open, such as idling the engine is wearing out significantly slower
Bullshit, asshole. I'm going to need a citation on the engine making 2% less torque at idle measurably affecting its lifespan.

there is no replacement for the lack of weight

no replacement for FWD either lol

EGR dosent operate at idle or WOT. idle you don't want to stumble and die, WOT you want MAXIMUM POWER!

EGR adds "inert" exhaust gases as a space keeper just to lower the amount of air (and in turn fuel) that can enter the cylinder. Helps out with cruising MPG's and stuff like that. Does NOT help for power for intake manifold cleanliness. If anyone's every owned a pre 2000's EGR equipped Honda, they know about the pains of cleaning out the EGR passages.

>pic related, 5th gen lude EGR passages

FUCK EGR
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>2001 Honda Prelude SH
EGR ports in the intake manifold completely CLOGGED
>have to drill into the manifold to clean out
>blasting carb cleaner and probing with screwdrivers to remove the carbon deposits

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

youtu.be/FghHghOaypM

Benchracing troll spotted

>turn K20 sideways so it's longitudinal instead of transverse
>drop it into your favorite gen miata

Now, it's not a factory RWD set up, but it's certainly possible to have a K20 in a RWD vehicle, so that point is null.

Not as much as a tractor, and terrible gearing. You get the idea though :^)
I actually meant recirculating blow-by, which is not EGR but is listed in his post, using plenum vaccum to lower crank case pressure (on NA applications) leads to happier piston rings and if you have shitty valve guides, fucked rings or other ailments that may lead to combustion/exhaust gasses in the oilways, pulling blow-by into the intake will make the engine last alot longer. (It'll be down own power and burn oil but it will zombie along much further than no release or vent to atmos.

There are actually swap kits out there that are pretty cool.

B18s made nowhere near the amount of power Honda claimed...