Good morning Veeky Forums

Good morning Veeky Forums.

Just bought pic related.

What am I in for with this car?

Got it for 2,700.00 with 112k miles on it.

Engine looks nice, inside looks nice.

I guess it was owned by an old couple before given to the dealership I bought it from.

What mods can I do to it, to get more HP from the SC 3800 engine?

dont do anything unless you want the transmission to blow up

Ausfag here we never got the 3800 in fwd config why is this?

Op put the supercharger Top end on it and a cam

So I guess just a new SC and a pulley system?

you can put an exhaust on it and cut your losses

that car isnt fast by modern standards

it was when it came out like 20 years ago tho

no

tuneup
PCM tune
headers
intake
exhaust
pulley
thermostat

that wont be too much money

by time you start looking into other superchargers and shit youll be in a whole different realm of spending

spending that much on an old buick

dude stop encouraging stupid behavior that money is a down payment on a faster car that could be made even faster

It's his money, he can do with it what he wants

If the pic is the car you bought OP, good pickup, almost got one myself

I hear by just upgrading the pulley on the 3800 SC engine. You can go from 240 to 280, 300.

Is this true?

If so that's up there with my z34.

That's pretty good.

nah

if you just do pulley and nothing else youre not going to be able to go that small of a pulley reliably

maybe 250-260 hp

It's not the actual car, but looks just like it.

Good shape no dents paint is still shiny.

Pic related the car I bought.

Can I make a suggestion OP?

Save your money. Do regular maintenance.

Save up for a WRX/Mustang/Corvette

I hope your interior looks as good as the exterior but
>those wheels
Get something better, OEM or aftermarket I don't care because those wheels are atrocious

The interior is just as clean as the outside.

Yea, I don't like the wheels either. It's just what came with the car.

Picked her up yesterday.

She hauls ass just as is.

If it were me, considering its a DD and all I would probably due the headers/exhaust, intake, pulley and tune, then just focus on the suspension and brakes

It'll get some more power without breaking the bank and focus on improving the W Body's sloppy handling

I mean I still have my Z34 for the RWD, everyday driver.

I did this with my daily and almost in that order couldn't be happier.

Just don't try to go for too much power with these because the 4T65HD trans in these tend to not handle it well, if you go high HP you will need to rebuild the tranny with stronger internals

hun please trust this advice:

just get it and anjoy it as a semi sleeper

dont make it faster, you wont increase the value and you WILL LOSE MONEY when you want a faster car and go to sell it

its better to just enjoy what you have and save that ULTRA VALUABLE CASH for the really really important shit that you cant even think of right now like a house or presents for your children or money into a retirement fund i recomend a high intrest 10 year CD

also
>doing suspension mods on a buick

>giving a shit about a namefag that leased an automatic tC has to say

It's not like he has a PA Ultra, his car shares the same platform as the GP GTP and there are suspension bits that swap, so speak when spoken to

I have a House and land.

I have no gf or wife or kids.

I'm only 35 and have about 200k in my 401k from work, been at the job for 10+ years.

I make around 70k a year give or take a few Gs for bonus if we make any for the year.

I'm sure I can sink a few thousand dollars into this sleeper.

Why people on this board insist on giving financial advice about cars? Why not just car advice?

Because the two are inextricably linked you knuckle dragger.

Leave it original and service then it's aggressively if you want it to last. Service the trans RIGHT FUCKING NOW, and service it every 30k from here out. Check the oil pan for a seeping leak, it's a cunt to do on this car. If you're lucky the trans will go to 300k if you take car of it. If you don't, it won't see 150k.

>old couple
>those wheels
You bought it off of a pack of nogs.

Go to a forum that covers 3800SC and W body shit and actually learn useful shit instead of here

STEP ONE,

BUILD THAT AUTOMATIC

The 4T65E-HD can only handle 280 lb-ft of torque, and the 4T65E-HD can only handle 280 lb-ft of torque, so if you want the car to be fast and not embarrass yourself with a blown trans during a highway pull, BUILD THAT AUTO.

Also, I would suggest an intercooler kit, those cars call for minimum 91 octane mainly because of the heat in the intake. Once you do that, you can drop a pully size on the supercharger to increase boost without fearing detonation. I would follow that up with a larger diameter exhaust and a less restrictive resonator. Also, because it's an ironblock, they are boost pigs.

Also, considering that specific 3800's closeness to the original legendary buick 3.8, there is a massive following of speed parts behind it.

>The 4T65E-HD can only handle 280 lb-ft of torque, and the 4T65E-HD can only handle 280 lb-ft of torque

I'm an idiot. I mean to add that the 3800 supercharged stock delivers 280 lb-ft of torque, and that's all the trans can handle.