Why do you guys live out in the sticks?

why do you guys live out in the sticks?

i know living in the city with a car hobby can require more resorces but it has its own benifits

as it simply because your allowed to store as many cars as you want outside?

was land cheaper?

arnt you worried about mice and shit eating up the interior of cars you dnt drive that often

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SZb0Ha7k7WM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i would also imagine its much much more difficult to run away from the cops

Because living in a city is the closest thing to hell I can imagine

Land is super cheap, no annoying home owners associations or otherwise trying to tell me what I can and can't do with my land, the fact you can see stars, and a looser regulation of laws...

in what way? most cities are empty at night and they have alleyways for dem revs

its all grid formation so very difficult to get lost and very easy to cruise

the parking garages are all underground and nondescript like a batcave entrance

also in big cities you can really let your car fall into total disrepair and most of the time cops couldnt care less since its not that uncommon

also in my experience gas is only 2-3 cents more expensive

More like 30 cents more expensive

First off give me a reason to live in the city.

Second I like having my own space.

Third yes land was cheaper, I had a 4 bedroom 3 bath house built for 115000 American pesos 3 years ago.

I have a two car garage attached to the house. And a 4 car "garage", really it's a barn but it's heated and has floors.

Because it's cheaper, and i'm an anti social autist anyway, so the fewer people who live around me the better.

I don't need to run from cops out here. Mostly because they don't patrol this area.

because traffic is some peoples worst nightmare and your momma likes city boy dik

There is no cops. You can speed around the tougay and no one gives a fuck

Cause I can dd any vehicle wuth any modifications and never get pulled over

i have spent WAY WAY less than that renting an apartment in the city for the last 4 years and my place is 1200sq/ft

to rent additional parking spaces is usually around $75 a month

if you need to weld its best to have a storage unit nearby (haggard garage style) those are like $200-$400 a month

just because there are more people in the city doesnt always mean mroe human interaction, in fact here you could never leave your room and have literally everything dropped ooff at your door

same rings true of the hood, where you can do donuts in an intersection if you wanted to

Shitty air
Shitty traffic
Shitty people
Shitty cops
Shitty roads
Shitty bylaws
Everything is expensive
Niggers
Spics
Lack of trees and grass
No yard
No privacy

Need I go on?

i live in the city and have to rent a garage on top of paying for parking for my collection

theft and vandalism is a reality and has cost me thousands

i plan on moving to the country eventually but i want to buy land so i need 50% down and i'm still saving.. the h/o/bbies don't help, either

House on 3 acres. Mowing sucks, but I have a football field up front and a football field out back to enjoy

Quiet. Really quiet.
Wildlife (deer, coyotes, bobcats, hawks, etc)
Privacy. I can walk naked on my back deck.
Lower taxes
I have my own well, septic, heat, etc
I know all my neighbors, but we all mind out own business

Still have 50 meg internet, cable, etc and it's only 6 miles to town.

The real question is why would you want to live in a city?
>$3000/month for your 800sq ft 1 bedroom
>$1000/month for your parking spot
>have to work all the time so there's no time to drive
>can't ever go faster than 35mph in the city without risk
>grid formation so you can only ever drive straight lines
>always traffic

>why do you guys live out in the sticks?
You don't need to be out in the sticks, just a cozy suburb. I live 15 mins from the second most populated city in NY yet have 15 acres and few neighbors. There's a horse farm across the street and a private air strip down the road.

>i know living in the city with a car hobby can require more resorces but it has its own benifits
I'll never understand why anyone would want to live in a city. Everything is expensive as fuck, it's loud, noisy, no where to park, sucks to drive, just awful.

>as it simply because your allowed to store as many cars as you want outside?
Unless you wayyyy out in the sticks most counties do have laws regarding unregistered vehicles. But as long as your house doesn't look like a junkyard, no one cares. Every other house around here has a car or two on the property with no plates. I admittedly have way too many but try to keep them organized at least.

>was land cheaper?
Of course.

>arnt you worried about mice and shit eating up the interior of cars you dnt drive that often
Mice can get into any car (or anything for that matter) anywhere. I fucking hate mice.

Easier.

Rate arnt. Problematic in aus its mainly spiders and wasps.

Roads are more fun but lack of straights suck because I live on a mountain.

Comfyside life is the way to go I hated living in the city

I don't like cities. I didn't want an enormous commute either though (workplace is outside the city at least), so I live in a rural suburb. It's about as far out as I can go before having a sewer hookup is described as a feature.

It's very quiet, I have plenty of space (enough to build another garage at least), and my neighbors are all nice and don't bother me. And I'd rather own a house than pay rent.

because cities are a fucking cancer. the people are completely different, there's almost zero freedom, it's noisy as fuck, you literally live 2ft from your neighbours, absolutely zero privacy. you also don't have to deal with bull shit city bylaws or HOAs

youtube.com/watch?v=SZb0Ha7k7WM

The main difference between living in a city and living in the country

City:
>Cough
>Neighbor calls the cops to complain about the noise

>Cough
>Doggo looks slightly offended that you woke him up, demands you pet him now

This.

So comfy fuuuuk

There's less niggers in the sticks.

Alternatively:

>Hick neighbors setting off fireworks at 3am
>cops don't give a shit

>why do you guys live out in the sticks?
I was brought up here and haven't moved yet, but it's nice as fuck tbqh.

Land is cheap as shit, my driveway is fuggin yuge, the air is fresher than a Black Ice tree, there's some great 2ghey routes in the nearby mountains, and best of all there's a 1000+ yard gun range two miles from my house which has no annoying rules and is almost always deserted. Shit's fantastic. Of course the downside is that I live in NY but I wanna move to PA eventually.

All the cities in the US that I've visited have been straight shit, and NYC is an extremely expensive hellhole that I avoid whenever possible.

I did like London and Paris, but while my grandparents have tried to get me to move in with them in South London, there's really nothing for me to do there. Not nearly as many guns, either.

where you at nigga? IIRC Buffalo's the second most populous city but there's a bunch of """""towns""""" that have more people in them

It's cheap and I don't have to deal with other people's bullshit

Part of the territory. You have to find a way to get along with your neighbors. Calling the police, filing a report with the HOA, writing a letter to the editor, suing them, or other passive aggressive shit isn't an option. You have to talk to them. Most people are reasonable.

But yeah, many of my neighbors love to target practice on Sunday morning before heading out to church. As annoying as the 'pop pop pop' can be, it's a small price to pay for quiet the other 167 hours per week.

My neighbor was out with his quads in his harvested field this week, right next to my house. After an hour of the racket I just went out and explained my point and asked them to take it back to the other side of the field. They were OK with it and we all got along OK.

more accurately:
>Bubba decides to start doing backyard shotgun practice at 3am
>the whole hood decides to start shooting shit
>cops don't give a shit

someone in my area probably has an unregistered machine gun, I've heard some pretty wicked reports.

Suburbs are best, IMO. No shitty city traffic, no nazi neighbours, stuff's close by, and you can get to the city whenever you want for a day trip.
And the rest of the country's only a drive away.

>>Hick neighbors setting off fireworks at 3am
>>cops don't give a shit
Cops won't give a shit if you build a mortar and lob chunks of cowshit onto his land, neither.

>where you at nigga? IIRC Buffalo's the second most populous city but there's a bunch of """""towns""""" that have more people in them

Ya, Buffalo only has around 250k people, but including the suburbs it's well over a million.
I live north of the city.

It's nice having woods you can use as a shitbox depository for you and your friends cars.

>mfw this is true

>tfw want to live in a nice 2-bedroom condo in the city because i don't need or want to maintain a fuckhueg mansion in the suburbs
>tfw i need a dedicated 2 car garage with extra space for my engine crane and other tools
>tfw i can't have both

>wrenching noises in the city

That's another phone call to the cops unless you live in the hood.

I live in a major metro area and see rat damaged cars almost every week, it's not a problem exclusive to rural areas

>but it has its own benifits
What benefits are those?

>i don't need or want to maintain a fuckhueg mansion in the suburbs
You don't need a mansion and it's not that hard to maintain a home. Same as your car, it's much more satisfying to do the work yourself.

yeah but there is always people up
always one fast food up
always public transport when you went to go home drunk as fuck
always bar and night clubs to go
there is always something to do if you want to

the suburbs is the best of both world really

Big cities are full of SJW so no thanks.

Rural area's have all of that except public transport which doesn't matter because we get drunk in out back yard by the bonfire rather than in some rinky dink club.

how far are you from let's say a bowling alley
a karting track a night club a paintball terrain and a bar
because i have all this in the 20 minutes range
nearest air port is at 30 min
nearest train station is at 10 min on foot
i don't know what you call a rural area but when i was in a rural area past 21 h the town was dead
you could take a nap in the middle of the road without anything happening

Define what you mean by "the sticks"

ITT: citycucks try to defend their poor choices

>get drunk in out back yard by the bonfire rather than in some rinky dink club.
This. Anyone who goes out just to get drunk is literally pissing money away.

That just means I get to build a cow patty mortar at 3am rather then work on my car though.

How does making your own bmx track or drift track in your backyard sound

>how far are you from let's say a bowling alley
>a karting track a night club a paintball terrain and a bar

How many times have you visited those in the last month?
Also, I'm in the suburbs and could get to all of those in 20 minutes' drive.
But the paintball is slightly further away in the town, so that's more like an hour's drive because the average speed over those extra two miles is like 5MPH.

> Not powering it with your car's exhaust so you can do both at once

Most rural towns have bowling alleys and clubs. Not all of them have Go kart tracks and stuff but it's not very hard to drive to the next town over when traffic isn't a thing. I live in the mountains and the drive to the next town is part of the fun. Especially in the fall. I usually try and make a trip of things while I'm at it. Stop by and check out the cave systems and climb up the mountain to see the view. Autumn is easily the best time of year for these things.

Who the hell goes to a nightclub when you can take a boat out on the Lake all night anyway?

I have a house in Cambridge (MA) and another house about 45 minutes south in a much more rural area and I greatly prefer the latter.

Unless you live in some shit tier city rife with poverty, then doing anything in the city fucking sucks.

>no parking anywhere
>no room to do anything
>streets are crammed as it is but they decide to add a bicycle lane to them
>retards walking everywhere
>LIBERALS everywhere
>narrow one way roads

As an automotive enthusiast, it sucks absolute dick to live in a city, before I moved back home, I live in Manhattan and loved everything about it other than public transportation, homeless people, and lack of personal space. Everything else made it worth it tho. If I had the dosh I'd move back and own a nice lil car that I'd take out for a spirited drive in Upstate NY or Connecticut.

That being said living on the country side is comfy but gets boring REAL quick. I've lived in rural Ohio for bit it was alright. Sure some of you are used to that lifestyle and love it but it's not for me.

Anyway Connecticut suburbs are good enough for me now, Im thinking about moving to Commiefornia bc weather and Im tired of the cold/snow. Niggas weren't built for this WE WUZ VIKANGZ N SHIET type weather.

All these idiots are cum guzzling underage cucks that don't know what they are talking about.

This.

Nothing beats sitting around a huge fire out in the woods with your buddies drinking beer and burning old furniture.

ITT: rednecks

>burning old furniture.

> Not getting all scandinavian and logging trees for firewood
> Not trimming them into sections in-situ and hauling them home yourself
> Not splitting and stacking your own wood so it's a uniform size
> Not drying it carefully for months to prepare for winter
> Not even snagging used pallets for burning

It's like you don't even fire properly.

>join them

Yeah but you don't own anything. You live at the whims of the owner. You have to be quiet at night and can't be as loud as you want regardless of the hour.

Rural NYbros unite.

>tfw shit laws, shit people, shit winter weather, SAAAAAAAALT
>but the nature is so fucking good and the good people are good and the air is clean as fuck and less population density than fucking Utah and going hektik on unpaved back roads with no treeline, no guardrail, and a two hundred foot drop into a ravine just off the lip and that two weeks of obscene tree color you get in the autumn

took me a few seconds to realize this wasnt real

Dryer sheets jeep the mice out.

I'm glad I'm not dick to dick with my neighbors and in theory I can have a giant shop built but I can't find any builders atm.

Also I get to own a tractor

Sounds like a good life user.

>i know living in the city with a car hobby can require more resorces but it has its own benifits
no, not at all. i have no where to leave my car, i have to move it every four hours or get a $100 parking fine, i cant take it to work most of the time, i have no where to work on it unless i take it to a friends, i have no where to drive unless i drive an hour away to cop and tourist infested roads which arent even that good...

compared to when i lived out in the mountains i had literally endless amount empty roads straight out my front door, zero police, could do whatever the fuck i wanted... only problem being nearest petrol station was 45 minutes away.

> Not drying it carefully for months to prepare for winter
not just walking out into the bush and cutting up already fallen and dried trees and carrying back to the truck
do you even bushfella or you just a white man wanting to destroy everything

The artist's name is Simon Stalenhag if you want to look him up. Great artist, draws lots of stuff involving 80's and 90's cars and people in a world with some sort of unexplained backstory that led to crazy technological advances and organic mutation. There's definitely a sort of lore that shows up in most of the images (like the VR headsets in this one) but you'd be hard pressed to find any actual story.

Guy really likes Volvos, apparently, as they're in 80% of the Europe oriented pieces- then again, he is Swedish. Even the paintings of America are detailed as shit. though.

i pay 1$ per sq ft and no yard maintinence and a garage spot is 75 per mo also i have tons of privacy on the top floor and taxes are always lower in the city due to higher population

also why do you guys think that houses with yards dont exhist in the city

I think he likes land barges.

cityfag here
as much as i like cars, my hobby isn't the most important thing so i choose to live closer to my job in the city for a shorter and cheaper commute

dank. thx

I live in a city right now and it's hell. When I'm done with school it's my goal to go out and live in the sticks, the only question is if I'll be able to find work close enough.

>>find work close enough
>not farming for food and selling produce for gas and parts

One last one, then.

taxes in the city are cheaper

buildings are often made out of cement so that means you cant hear the people around you

most all apartment buildings have a secure parking garage and an overabundance of spots because most city dwellers dont own a car

often you can save money by commuting to work and insuring your car the minimum amount of miles to drive

just imagine if you could walk to do most errands including going to work

then imagine that because of that you can now own 5 miatas and just choose to insure one for the road

if there arnt garage spots ustoreit places always have space

the cops dont bother you in the city because they are busy catching drug dealers and harrassing minorities

because of how many cars there are its literally impossible to effectively use radar
and most cities could never afford to issue every cop a laser gun

because of how many districts there may be in a city if you had to run from the cops its harder for them to communicate cross PD

there are also more car shows in the city

the cost of living in the city isnt that much if you use your brain and stay froogle

Nigger I was raised in fucking Westchester County New York do you think I know how to fucking farm for food?

Running from cops in the city depends on their policy. mine is 3 blocks and your done. also depends on car and if you know what alleys are clear.

Fuck the city though street parking is garbage.

Sticks is always cheaper

its so fucking easy bro

>buy land, divide it up
>buy cows/sheep
>move cows/sheep from paddock to paddock to eat the grass
>profit

You put things in the ground.

Wait a while.

Take things out of the ground.

Wash them off if you're feeling ambitious.

Set up a few pallets to make a rough table, put prices on the things you pulled out of the ground, make sure you write "organic" in big letters, set out a cash box, and reap the rewards of your arduous labor.

Source: Neighbor sells organic eggs for $6/dozen. Sets out a bunch of eggs in a cooler and a box for cash next to it, has a "Organic Eggs $6/dozen" sign next to it. Seems to do pretty well.

sticks have higher taxes and larger properties which means you WILL always pay more over the coarse of your life

also most apartments dont charge for heat, water, trash disposal, gas, and sometimes electric

By yard, a lot of us mean a 1/4 acre minimum.

Few things I like about living in the bush;

When I'm done with what I'm doing, I walk about fifteen minutes to this nice creek and smash bongs. Nobody but you and the wife (sometimes), the birds and insects, cooked off your head in a creek.

When I'm bored (and cooked) sometimes I start up various engines I have and play with them because it's fun. Can you start industrial diesel engines in your garage at 3:00am without getting shot? No-one around me for thirty acres in either direction to give a single toss. Sometimes I do burnouts or launches or what have you. We had a few mates around and always wanted a convertible so we used the backhoe to tear off the roof of a Gemini and drove that around until we rolled it over on a ramp and set it on fire. It was a good day.

Sometimes I get on the cook and drive around on my tractor or dozer high as a kite. Some days it's practical and I'm slashing or ploughing, other times I'm cooked listening to music and driving around on my tractor or dozer. Shit's good.

I like to get on the cook. Grow and consume my own. Shit's good.

I haven't heard the neighbor's phone ring, or them arguing, or them taking a shit for a long time. I don't get bumped into or cut off, I never have anyone at the door uninvited whether they be promo guys/girls or bible bashers or whatever.

Someone had a home invasion in our area in August of 2004. Das it, for over a decade. The biggest known criminal in our area is probably me.

When there is an emergency like our area getting flooded in the community comes together really well. We all sit and drink beer and cook up a communal feed while we watch the floodwaters drop. The boss (if you have one) isn't kicking your arse for not being at work as he's on the beers next to you, watching the floodwater drop.

It isn't for everyone, but the city is not for me. Been there, done that, now I smoke billies and destroy things in the bush.

>shitbox depository
kek

>but the nature is so fucking good and the good people are good and the air is clean as fuck and less population density than fucking Utah and going hektik on unpaved back roads with no treeline, no guardrail, and a two hundred foot drop into a ravine just off the lip and that two weeks of obscene tree color you get in the autumn
you get it. The Catskills are beautiful in the fall, and a lot of the roads there are too. NY's political situation is complete shit but I still love it here

>not knowing what the internet is
>not just putting some fucking potatoes in the ground

>taxes in the city are cheaper
>most all apartment buildings have a secure parking garage and an overabundance of spots

You conveniently forget that for the cost of just one of those secure parking garage spots you could pay those rural taxes 10 times over. For what it would cost to park your 5 miatas in the city you could buy an entire house in the sticks every month. The reason there's an overabundance of spots is because most people can't fucking afford them.

Also
>often you can save money by commuting to work and insuring your car the minimum amount of miles to drive
>just imagine if you could walk to do most errands including going to work

So basically you're saying the best part of having a car in the city is that you'll never actually drive it? Wow, great, sign me the fuck up.

I guess. I prefer the sticks myself. out in the sticks I can shoot guns blow shit up and generally do whatever the fuck I want and no one cares. Think it comes to personal preference. That is more important to me than paying more money in taxes.

>sticks have higher taxes and larger properties which means you WILL always pay more over the coarse of your life

>what is equity

Renting an apartment is like throwing money into a fire, same as leasing a car.

>was land cheaper?
yes. I live on a river about an hour outside the city. The equivalent house near the city (not in it) is about 2 to 3 million. In the city is would be about 20 million i imagine if not more.
>arnt you worried about mice and shit eating up the interior of cars you dnt drive that often
they don't have keys. Mice are taken of by snakes and chickens.

>Bowling
>Karting
>Paintball
>Bar

Most small towns have bar's and bowling alleys.
If you have property you can have endless paintball fun with friends on it.
You could make a dirt track if you had enough space and race beaters instead of go karts.
The city is good for some things, but If its leisure activities they are not even close.

>not joining them

He probably has a registered one. They're easy to get if you're a US bro and willing to drop the cash. Just takes 10 months or so

you are probably the most retarded person on 4chin right now
are you 12
you obviously have a serious lack of an understanding his taxes work

I think you would like Texas better than commiefornia. The suburbs are god tier here. And if you're in the hill country nice roads. I personally don't like Austin but like Dallas but it's all personal preference

But what if I want to get lost?

>its all grid formation

how is that a positive

I live in NY, no NFA items allowed aside from certain AOWs like Serbu Super-Shorty shotguns

> same as leasing a car
At least with leasing a car, you basically get a new one every year or two.
Your landlord might renovate your place once every 2 decades.

God damn those are fucking amazing

>living in a city were nig nogs,mexicans, and hmongs love to steal cars and motorcycles
n...no thanks desu
>more difficult to run from the cops
what are you smoking nigga, we got 2 deputies for the whole county and one full time cop in my town, its alot easier than outrunning half the cities police force thats scanning the city for you

This.
I've lived in the heart of Phoenix, LA, LV, Seattle & DFW.
I've lived on the edge of major metros' (all above and more) and I've lived in the sticks (dirt road, can't see your nearest neighbors house, no sound but a breeze).
I'll take sticks any day.
Has nothing to do with number of rigs - I have my daily truck, work truck, wifes car, daughters car and my toy. I don't want more, don't need more (each serve a purpose).
I simply don't like humans. We're a disgusting, noisy, inconsiderate and selfish species.
If I choose to walk to my shop butt naked, I can.
If I want to have a bonfire, I can.
If I want to lob off a hundred rounds in my back yard, I can.
I can put my foot through the floorboard and tear-ass at 120+ down my road and never worry about running someone over or getting a ticket.
I can wrench and weld and bang on shit at all hours and never worry about hurting my neighbors feelings cause I disturbed their beauty sleep.
I live in a town where we tell you like we see it, and no one gets pissy or butthurt.
Freedom. Period.
I have the education and means to earn triple my salary in the city. I'll take earning less to have (in my opinion) more.
To each their own. If the city is your thing, more power to you - it's just not my cup of tea.

This user gets it. Nothing is better than making a ghetto pipe bomb in the field behind your house and blow up random shit. it's just way more fun when no one gives a fuck about what you do.

>do you even bushfella or you just a white man wanting to destroy everything
Chainsaw down one tree a year. Plant more, including one in the stump of the old one. Lop the trees at 5 years old. Wow, suddenly you're farming your own firewood.