/cbg/ - City Building General

the fate of the the general edition

IRC: #SimCity on irc.rizon.net

we need a bit of this to keep this general alive
youtube.com/watch?v=v6d1CdRhwmI

--- News ---
Network Addon Mod (NAM) version 34 has been released for SimCity 4 just one month after the release of NAM 33. community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26793-network-addon-mod-for-windows-installer/
A third party patch named SC4Fix has been released for SimCity 4. community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30883-sc4fix-third-party-patches-for-sc4/
Colonial Charter: The Forge Awakens (CC v1.6) has been released for Banished. Major features include the ability to build cities on water. colonialcharter.com/
Snowfall has been released for Cities: Skylines. skylineswiki.com/Patch_1.3.0-f4

--- Cities: Skylines ---
>Wiki:
skylineswiki.com/Cities:_Skylines_Wiki
>Modding guidelines:
skylineswiki.com/Modding
>Skyline's official site/Paradox (sign up for free Zen Garden and future free items!):
signup.citiesskylines.com/
>Heightmap generator
terrain.party/
>Custom building competition (Get your votes in now):
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?840333-Custom-Building-Competition&s=911beb05b91e9eaccfaac6c944ca44d8
>After Dark basic mods
pastebin.com/HEcKw21a (embed)

--- SimCity 4 ---
Contains everything you need for SC4 - getting started guide, modpacks, links to various SC4 communities (with more mods/guides):

pastebin.com/Fg9qNhcM (embed)

Remember to turn off U-Drive It icons and minimise the game UI when you take a screenshot.

--- Banished ---
>Modding:
banishedinfo.com/

Let's hope it doesn't die too soon.

I used the 25 squares mod and now my simulation speed is super low. Is there a way to sell back some pieces of land?

no

I'll do you a favor and bump you with off-topic stuff.

SimCity 4

I really wish they made a game like SC4 just with a bit more modern standards. I wouldn't mind a 2D citybuilder, i just want bigger maps!

good night

I can't find my any pictures. Here's something random.

>Amerinazis would have had supersonic commerical flights still

Oh my Jesus.

>what is cities skylines?

Cities Skylines is way too easy and it has too much of a liberal bias.

A hollow shell of the SC4. Nothing has ever matched or challenged the perfected execution of what SC4 did and I am atrabiliously convinced that no other city building game will ever come close.

The one thing that modern city building games seem to neglect either by deliberate choice/budget constraints/shitty development team or whatever else is regional development which is the quintessential lifeblood of real life cities. This one yet pivotal aspect has fucking destroyed the city building genre and everyone seems blissfully ignorant of the entire concept. A city is nothing without its region and now that we're restricted to these small and limited city tiles which barely reach a total area size of 25km2 there's really no motivation for players to go further and beyond with their creativity and city planning. The city building genre has been destroyed and infantilised and any hope of it ever reaching the grand heights like it did with SC4 is an unobtainable dream. It's fucking despondent to see such a great genre be completely gutted by arrogant and uneducated dev teams.

I dunno, it always annoyed me in SC4 that city tiles were standalone and you had to save, quit to region and enter another tile to continue. I'd rather have everything at once.

how does this make you feel?

how over half a million "people" could tolerate living in this shit is beyond me

it's ok cbg we can make it thru the night

So that's the problem, people are too entitled and expect everything on a silver platter. There's no problem at all with saving and quitting to enter a new city, it could be interpreted as a slight inconvenience but you still have the benefit of a region. Is that really the only negative of SC4's regional aspect to you? Saving and quitting?

SC4's engine already had issues with performance upon release, we should be grateful such a game was released at all. All these shallow and stylised bullshit and, dare I say it, overrated games like Skylines appeal to those who like the idea of having a city but never putting work into it. Not to denigrate or disparage those who have put many hours and work into their cities, a lot of them turn out to be quite extravagent but that's all there is to them. Beyond the horizon is emptiness.

3D is the cancer that is killing this genre. We need a good 2D release to save us from our pains.

>play cities skylines
>obsessed with making the shittest jampack city
>build enormous industry zone right next to commercial
>all dat congestion

hnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg

jam packed cities are boring

medium-sized cities is where it's at

This century really sucks. So the things that will have to come.

Ok i'm getting pretty tired, I'm going to give it one last bump.

dont die /cbg/, I love you!

Sometimes when I look at google maps I can't stop thinking: haha enjoy your fucked up traffic.
Thanks C:S.