/hbg/ - Hombrew and Hacking General

Previous thread: -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 11.1 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>General
-33c3 presentations on December 27th. One for 3DS and Wii U, one for PS4. Both will probably be livestreamed.
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/8344.html
fahrplan.events.ccc.de/congress/2016/Fahrplan/events/7946.html

>3DS
-DS games via SD card coming Christmas: youtu.be/Pke0kalpoBU
-11.0/11.1 downgrading released. Requires 4 specific DSi games that are no longer available. More info here: 3ds.guide/nfirm-downgrade
-If you're on 11.0-11.2 and don't have any of the 4 games above you'll need a second CFW 3DS along with any DSiWare game.

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0
shunyweb.info/convert.php
amazon.com/Pokémon-Sun-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B01C93CWU6
github.com/Cruel/freeShop
3ds.titlekeys.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for flashcucks on suicide watch

Thanks.

>Hombrew

You're doing this on purpose now, fuck you

ds on sd still not worth it:
-White screens
-Black screens
-Waiting times
-40% compatibility rate
-Game freezes
-Slow rom loading times
-No game saving
-Lack of anti-piracy patching
-No save state functionality
-Lack of cheat engine

The $10 I spent a decade ago on an r4 provides a superior version of DS gameplay. And if any of you idiots even cared about DS piracy, you'd already own a flashcart.

It's fucked we need a new thread now

will my wiiu games not even run if im using a normal usb stick?, do i really have to use a hard drive?

Guide for Wii U
github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

Haxchi v2.4 now does signature, region patches

Free way to use Haxchi Fucking WHEN?

Tried to add it but it made the thread go over the character limit

Can you get banned from Sony for having a hacked Vita?

no, you can't even connect to psn with 3.60 anymore and no one got banned when you could spoof

this. my dstt ive had since the ds days still works beautifully.

Maybe take out this?
>Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

It's already in the Vita pastebin and a lot of the links in it are going dead.

is there a working entrypoint for homebrew on a 3ds on 11.2?

all the others except browserhax and menuhax

when soundhax eventually releases it will work on 11.2 right?

probably.

Reminder to remove sissy anime boys.

>3.63 NEVER EVER
>PSN NEVER EVER
>mSD ADAPTER NEVER EVER

is it even feasible to dump a GBA virtual console save via decrypt9, load it into VBA, save, and inject that save from VBA back into your VC game?
I'm trying to do this to get past a bug in a Pokemon Fire Red hack but the VC save is 64KB while VBA will only save as 128KB, and the injection function doesn't seem to accept the incongruent filesize/format

What game? I'm looking for more pokemon romhacks to play

shunyweb.info/convert.php

force 64KB on the 128KB save

Change to .bin after it's done

Question about haxchi.
Do i really need to purchase a DS game or can i just install one with the wupinstaller?

needs to be legit

i don't own a flashcard
i own TWO flashcards

DS games from SD when.

is piracy on the wii u as viable as it is on 3ds? Can i hack it with relative ease and play "legally" obtained games? Do we have a guide for this?

never buy a flashcart

>people don't have the real HGSS carts
>people play HGSS without the Pokewalker

/hbg/-chan, daisuki! ~

That .in cart is underrated. Runs wood great.

Only use rednand or coldbooting if you know what you're doing.

>playing hg/ss
>while also playing pokewalker

How many hands you got nigga?

the "official" "real deal" cards have a time bomb in them, a friend of mine got one of those and he had to change it one year later, that's why i went the .in card
and that was before old original R4s returned

Worked like a charm, thanks. One weird discrepancy, doesn't match up with all the info I found googling either: only worked when I kept it as a .sav instead of renaming it to a .bin file.
Liquid Crystal. It's good for GSC with gen 3's UI/game speed but there's just a small bit more donut steel horseshit than I'd prefer

>>people play HGSS without the Pokewalker
i-i lost mine mang...don't remind me ;_;

Anyone got the wii u github game link?

I don't walk with my hands.

Yeah they aren't "official" even though they imply it with that banner. The website changed owners in 2014. If you scroll to the bottom they call "their" own carts from 2013 fake lel

though the timebomb carts can just change the date back when it happens. Doesn't do permanent damage.

I trust myself enough to do the rednand if I could do the 3ds hacking, it doesn't look too different. If I choose not to rednand, can I still play online?

Oh I played a bit of Liquid Crystal. Ended up having to hex edit the rom to Make the in-game clock work on my Vita's GBA emulator.

Is there no clock problems with a 3ds VC inject? If there isn't I'll probably give it another shot now that I've got my 3ds hacked.

Ask mummy for brain training for Xmas? Sounds like you need some training

In-game clock seems to function just fine on 3DS.

how fucking cheap are you that you dont want to spend $7

this reeks of underage

yes

So, if I have one of the dsiware games on my sysnand(havent kept with the scene in a while which is why im still on luma/menuhax) is it still possible for me to do the waithax or do I have to change to al9 first THAN do the hax?

fucking Veeky Forums
No "The Burning Plain" by Juan Rulfo.
Not even one book from tacoland. Savage Detectives dont count even if its based in tacoland

Fuck, maybe next year

PS4 piracy and CFW when?

don't need it at all

why do you need to do waithax?

you're already on 9.2 for emuNAND

look at the guide in the OP for installing a9lh

or do you want to downgrade another 3ds?

Thanks bb
My friend gave me the black friday n3ds as a gift since my o3ds' wifi is getting wonky as fucking shit(friend fucking dumped it into the garbage one night after dinner and all kinda liquid got in) so i need to strike while the wifi is still working on my o3ds to do this.

Hombrew sounds like some kind of Mechon drink

I was not using that guide actually, tried the one in the pastebin in the OP.

Thank you very much for it!

ok? still don't need waithax

Just hacked my Vita for the first time. Got it up to 3.60, got henkaku, and finally adrenaline.

How do I get .iso?

Wait really?
Any leads for what I can do instead of waithax than?
apologies for asking to be spoon fed since all i see are wait/slowhax/dsiware downgrade

PSP isos? Emuparadise.

Vita games? Torrent.

you have five minutes to give me a link to that rom forum or another way for me to get pokemon sun in 5 minutes and no one gets hurt

Err, I meant, how do I get ISOs on my vita now that i have adrenaline?

amazon.com/Pokémon-Sun-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B01C93CWU6

ebin

>he doesnt know how tickets work

I haven't touched 3ds piracy since like the start of this year so no. iirc I have to get the cia, put it on my sd card and install with some app

I warned you

>he didnt know about tickets a year ago
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

I mean I followed a retard proof guide a year ago I think and barely got it to work. n-no bully

Reminder that loading Poor Little White Guy video from the ds card is a mandatory wait for.

github.com/Cruel/freeShop
3ds.titlekeys.com/

no go be a nigger somewhere else

Is there any point in waiting for the 27th for something or should I just go ahead and install haxchi?

>he isnt using a shark card

I installed hotline miami on my vita and it prompted me telling me it needed special permissions. is it a malicious dump?

vita uses vpk not isos

are you retarded

yes

buy the VC install haxchi
there's literally not reason not to unless you don't want to pay up

uninstalling it is as simple as deleting the app like any other app
reinstalling it is the same way as the first time

neither doesn't make any permanent changes to your system

or did you hear some alternative will be released on the 27th?

So how long until 11.0 downgrades without the DSI games or a second 3ds. Shouldn't be too long with all the new exploits..right?

Right?

What about a monkey?

its not as cool as a shark though

We'll find out in 6 days

I need a quick estimate of how long it takes to go from 9.2 to 2.1 to installing a9lhCFW (the whole setup) ?

1-2 hours max if you aren't a complete idiot and know what things like "root of your SD card" means

exactly 5 hours

What are some good 3DS games that are relatively short

I'm talking like ~10 hours max. I just beat Gurumin 3D and want more short games like that

>root of your SD card
is the SD card organic?

So I put Gal Gun on my PS3 under the GAMES folder. The folder it's in is named as it's titlekey I believe, and inside it is a PS3_GAME folder, and a PS3_DISC.SFB file. When I go to load it from webMAN it's not there. The other game I have in there, Dark Souls works just fine. Is there something I messed up in the setup here? Do I have to do something special because it's a JP game?

whats currently the best flashcart for playing DS games on 3DS without having to worry about it fucking up my CFW?

any will work.
r4i gold or r4sdhc are pretty good choices.
they dont touch your cfw at all there is literally no danger in running one.

a million jews online are using the r4i label to push their own cards do you have a link to the original manufacturer or legit cards?

Where did you lads buy your sd cards?

I'm looking for a cheap 64gb.

a lexar 64 gb on amazon is like 30 bucks if not less

>any will work

I wonder if my old M3 DS Real will work. I have it around here somewhere.

GET A SHARK

i bought mine on amazon.
had good reviews and it works great.

dont buy mickey mouse shit buy something known to work best like lexar which boast twice the performance of Transcend. Very high end card with fast read/write speeds.

Dark Souls is an American game.

I'm stuck. I had 11.0 made it up to the step where I'm supposed to “Downgrade FIRM to 10.4.” After I did that I went into system settings and it still says i'm on 11.0. I've lost my homebrew launcher too. what do.

I'm taking the easy route for pirating wii u games with wii u usb helper without the rednand and instead just booting the cfw booter via loadiine/homebrew. dlc and n64 vc are working but do I have to do anything to the vWii to install wii games?

>when your so dumb you cant follow a hand holding guide

Reread my post. I was saying that while Dark Souls works fine, Gal Gun doesn't work. Gal Gun is a JP game so I was curious if the reason it wouldn't load was something to do with it's region.