>post anything BMW

Other urls found in this thread:

vid.me/8wnQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

just bought this M3
my first M car

>park in empty garage
>wake up, find this

How do you guys determine who you give the nod of BMW acceptance to? By generation? How clean the car is? I'm thinking

3 series - all E30 and earlier get nod, maybe a stock well kept E36 or E46 M3
5 series - e28 and earlier all nod, e39 M5 only
7 series - I might go all the way to E38 for a clean example

Obvious nod disqualifiers-
lowered
drift charm
stickers at an angle on the rear windshield
aftermarket wheels
excessive tint
any plastidip
fake euro plates

Is shitty gas a meme? All of the normies in my life swear that Arco sells shit gas, and that it's watered down. But here's the twist, the last place I filled up my e46 was at Arco (with premium of course)

>running late for work
>don't have time to fill up tank
>my gauge says I have 70 miles left
>there's a shell station at my work
>get half way there, gauge is indicated at 50 now
>MY CAR STALLS OUT
>had to pull over and call AAA
>refueled my tank

Can I blame this on arco? Or a shitty fuel indicator

I give a thumbs up to most M cars as they are rare here

Definitely Arco, they put a magic high electrical resistance additive in their gas to trick your fuel gauge, their gas is actually 80% gas, 20% air

Fuckers, it's cheap for a reason I guess

nice soap

You mean my 90% tint 320i F30 with plastidipped VRS wheels and a night shift sticker wouldn't get the nod?

>3 series - all E30 and earlier get nod
Why not just say E21 and E30.
It's easier.

because he simply judges whether or not ones a true bmw enthusiast based on the era of bmw car they are driving.

>oh look this guy is driving a dilapidated e30, what a true bmw fanatic
>oh no this fbo 335i, its retarded

>look up "FBO"
>"full bolt on"
>CAI, catback, and a sick tune bro actually made up their own acronym
This is why you don't get the nod ear gauged vapetards

savage

Don't worry about it.
Everyone in these bmw threads always drives old pieces of shit and dismiss newer bmws simply because they're poorfags.

>actually arguing against me

so im not a true bmw enthusiast even if i have only performance modifications. Good one. Not only are you poor with a slow bmw, you are a pure dumbfuck.

335is arent vape cars

>how dare you argue against me, I have a 335 with a catback at a tune, how can you not see I am a supreme enthusiast?!

not him, but tuned 335's with good tires are fast. good cars.

but yes, "fob" is fucking stupid

>he had to look up that fbo meant full bolt-ons

im a supreme gentleman get it right

If you know what that acronym is and have ever used it outside of a satirical fashion you are most certainly a fake enthusiast. Not only are you in no nod territory, but you're asking for a look of disapproval and a thumbs down

vid.me/8wnQ

Didn't have my friend record hillclimbing the canyon, or running with the Supras and E92, or doing a burnout...

So a little pull not even to redline is comparatively lame haha.

Also, anyone know what a floating exhaust fiber ring is for? It is slightly larger than a gasket ring. Came with my midpipe.

Okay go to n54tech and tell literally everyone there that they arent true enthusiast. You seem like you bought the car just because you want to appear to be a purist and you thought that an old as shit 6 series was the silver bullet. We just had a thread about this shit too. I will just agree to disagree with you.

some of these are normal though.. at least for a weekend car.

>not street legal
>exhaust
>2-3 deg of camber
>3 piece wheels

the only way to get some offsets is 3 piece.

i wear cargo shorts and have a tree freshener in my car but nothing else
what does that actually have to do with anything

>he doesnt steal his car cleaning supplies from poo in loo handwashes

>go to n54 tech
Why? If I wanted to communicate with clueless millennials about which cold air intake and plastidip is best I would go to BMW general on Veeky Forums

>You seem like you bought the car...
I bought it because it's a good car and the price was right, pretty simple, stop projecting your fear of how people view you and your car onto everyone else

Always the same faggot who has to shit on every thread
an "fbo" 335i is pretty damn quick

"not exactly street legal" as in, "i removed a few vacuum hoses from my rats nest, it may not pass emissions so not exactly street legal"
"aftermarket bolt on exhaust", meaning a catback or generic off the shelf system, not a custom made exhaust to your requirements and specifications
"2-3 deg of camber", yes positive camber is very retarded :^)

>I bought it because it's a good car and the price was right, pretty simple,

And here you on on your fucking "classic bmw" high horse talking down about any bmw mfg after the late 90s. I guess you didnt really have a license do that before you picked it up. You sure are wearing those shoes.

I liked it when you didnt own a bmw and you didnt have a reason to shit these threads with "muh classic." these a generals for all bmws. You can make all sorts of projections on how im a gauged, vaping, millenial numale lord but im kinda the opposite of that. Cheers anyway mate, your opinion is really shitty. I like those old 6 series anyway,despite the fact you own one.

Guys

I've been shitting on modern BMWs for years, because they are bad, googlecarguy and davis will confirm. Maybe it's just bothering you now because you think BMW is a special club and not just a manufacturer of cars, some of which are good and some of which are bad?

I wouldn't quite call an E24 a classic, if they were they wouldn't cost 2% of their original purchase price. They are just old.

Mad jelly n54bro

It doesnt bother me because i have never taken your opinion on cars as a valid consideration.

Funny you say that i think its a club, when you are the one discounting a large percentage of bmws as shit.

According to BMW itself, the E36, Z3, and Z8 are under the BMW Classic group now.

I guess the term "classic" really depends on your age. I'd personally say 70s and earlier is classic at this point in time. In 20 years, the tech of those 90s cars will not only seem historic, but classic.

Looks cute, but is it fast?

635csi sticker for 1989 was $47,000, adjusted for inflation that's just over $100k in 2016 money. They've gone up in value in recent years and a clean example is approx 10k, so they're at 10% of original value not 2%. They're reaching their 30's and appreciating, time to realize the cars we considered classics are becoming antiques and the shitboxes we thrashed in highschool are turning into the classics. Time wins as usual.

t. beemer rider that has owned seven bmw cars built between 1985 and 1992.

Even a stock 335i is pretty fast and a great car all around. This board is just flooded with retards who know nothing about cars and parrot memes such as "E92 IS SHIT CUZ NO DIPSTICK". People, notably poorfags with something to prove don't think for themselves, they just take every stupid shitpost on here as fact. BMW pre-E46 wasn't bad, but it was nowhere near good enough for people to dickride it for reasons other than buying a BMW badge for 4k.
That said, F30 is kind of a shit, 2 series makes up for it though.

>the FRS/BRZ is a good car
You know this was made by some asshurt kiddie with a civic who can't actually argue.

If you're cornered about others thinking you're an enthusiast you already lost the game; these people are the equivalent of GAMUR GURLS where they don't care about cars and just want attention (again, kiddies with riced/stanced civics who shit on everything that isn't a FWD econobox)

>tripfag has retarded, uninformed opinion and acts like he's an authority on the subject
Best meme.

>hurr durr all new bmws/cars are shit because Veeky Forums told me so and everyone is just a badgewhore all new cars are shit and im totally not poor
>hurr durr all new bmws/cars including my base model 320i are literally perfect Veeky Forums told me so and if you disagree you're a poorfag
Does anybody in here actually know anything about cars
Anyone remember when people knew about cars and the board wasn't just regurgitating misinformation and stereotypes, generalizing the shit out of everything to the point where it's not even possible to talk about a car without somebody sperging out with their "knowledge"

>Anyone remember when people knew about cars and the board wasn't just regurgitating

Newfag detected

hahahahaha look at that beat to shit piece of crap
and you tried nitpicking my car
oh my god lmao

It was never this bad

It's been this way since like 2008. It's just that old elitist fags actually had nice cars like house m.d. or termi, instead of a beat to shit 6 series

>great engine
>absolute shit build quality on everything else

People nowadays are more guarded with their information and don't want random Veeky Forumstists knowing more about them than they need to.

The difference between you and me is I, since I am able to work on cars, buy good cars in bad condition, fix them, and sell them for more later on if I choose to do so. You buy shitty cars in good condition, bolt on some tacky garbage and ruin the suspension dynamics/alignment, then either sell them for less or crash into a tree.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I see an ad for an e21 320i. Problem is the guy says it's a '79 with an 2.0 m10. How can you tell the difference between the m10 and m20; he's gotta be fibbing on the year or the engine. Or am I an idiot because I thought the 2.0 m10 320 ended production in '77 and the '77-81 2.0 used the m20

did you buy an E24? nice

Its a 320i not a 320

Got it. Didn't read the full wiki; looks like I'm the idiot. Thanks