Where were you when the V8 died

Where were you when the V8 died

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Kpq9rxDyPA
horsepowerkings.com/the-f-150-raptor-will-receive-the-ecoboost-5-0-twin-turbo-v8-in-2018/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jerking off to fuel economy numbers

v8 isn't dead. the v6 is. in favour of the ecoboost

>near

Hahahahhahahahahahahahah

nice fake sound

Ford at least uses a more "real" method than German brands are doing. Rather than making fake noise through the speakers, there is a tube that transfers engine vibration sounds into the cabin.

Doesn't stop the Ecostang from sounding like fucking garbage, but it works well on the Focus RS at least.

Still fake

How is it fake? It's not coming through the speaker's sent by the BCM, it's a tube from the engine bay through the firewall into the cabin you dipshit

How is it fake if it's literally an opening for engine noise into the cabin

On the side of the road in my Caddy.

What exactly IS ecoboost? And whats the difference between ecoboost and turbo?

Nothing. They're completely unremarkable direct injection turbocharged engines, with maybe the exception that they make stupid amounts of torque. Ford was the only ones smart enough to make a marketing term out of it, so normies can be fooled into thinking turbochargers are fuel efficient.

They're pretty good, I just wish they didn't dirty the valves so quickly.

It's a marketing term for their turbo charged models. Turbo in theory can help with economy if you keep it out of boost. Because it drives around like a shitbox engine that it is. Then you can step on it for power.

Except Ecoboost engines use small turbos that spool up in low revs and quickly, so staying off boost is a bit difficult.

>real engine sounds are fake

Thank you both

well. the v8 died in 1973 I think.

They made a fox body inline 4. So what. I'd rather the base mustang be this eco boost than go back to the mid 1990s when the v6 mustang was like 150hp

This. If you're going for the economy option instead of the V8, you may as well go for a proper one that they can standardise over the performance range.

It's not all turbos. It's standard on smaller cars, which don't have turbos. It's basically wizardry with materials and piston/cylinder design, allowing the fuel supply to be all but shut off at very low loads like idling or highway cruising. Basically lets you get more power from a smaller engine and higher fuel efficiency as well, at the expense of expense.
But you save that in insurance and tax due to the lower displacement.

Are you gonna give examples of non turbo engines with the Ecoboost label or just spew shit out of your ass?

>Actually wanting to drive a turbo 4 stang over a V8 muscle car

Have fun with a car that sounds like absolute shit

At least the next gen EB's will have dual injection so the intake valves can get washed.

No ecoboost is literally just a ford DI turbo engine

Crying my masculine eyes out.

>Americans discover turbines
>immediately scrap their shitty v8 tractor engines
It's like pottery

>dyno chart
I'm all for various ways of making power but thinking a turbo 4 will replace the N/A V8 is just absurd.

The first turbine in a car was made in the US bud

try again retard

All I can think of when I see people hate on the V8 or claim it's gonna die is Mighty Car Mods' mad max build. When they swapped a v8 into whatever that car was, and first test drove it, he yelled something like "HOLY SHIT ALL THESE YEARS WE'VE BEEN DOING TURBOS, WE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING V8S"

There is no replacement for displacement.

The main reason they are using tiny turbo motors is for fuel economy and emissions regulations.

this. Ecoboost makes ungodly amounts of torque

mfw I bullied them into hating v8s

>America 2015
>People drive 7000lb trucks
>9.5l veeate 1 valve per cylinder lumps making 130bhp
>12 gallons per mile

>America 2020
>0.6l 3pot turbo-per-cylinder powerplants making 900bhp power everything
>fuckhuge trucks rivalling F1 cars
>89mpg in city traffic a thing
>no more hybrids

i welcome the future

The Ecoboost engines are efficient, if you compare them to their naturaly aspirated couterparts.

>this show with two guys who dont know shit told me so it must be true
Veeky Forums in a nutshell

turbochargers are more fuel efficient at equal power levels due to cylinder pressures. it's not debatable.

The efficiency isn´t getting shit as soon as the turbo spools up, you the highest efficiency if you keep the rpm as low as possible while still staying in boost.
Usually that is slightly above 2000rpm.
As soon as you go too fast the aerodynamic drag will increase your fuel consumption.

t. engineering student

That's not the 400-ish hp 2.3 in the Mustang. If they're hitting those numbers it's going to be all the boost at the top end and nothing down low.

It says FiST right on it nerd.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The FIST motor makes 180 hp. If they want to push a 4 cylinder to "near V8 power" I'll bet money the torque is going to move away from the low end.

>180 hp
It makes "197hp"

But either way look at the focus RS. That's pushing more power than the 2010 v8 mustang and I'm pretty sure power comes on earlier in the revrange.

The FiSt has a 1,6l I4, the Mustang a 2,3l I4.

The FoRS has the same engine as the stang but it pushes 350/350 and its got the boost cranked pretty high, higher than the FiST I'm pretty sure.

It's almost like the 2010 Mustang's motor was almost the same as the 1996's. 2011 was the update to the Coyote, with 435 crank. Also my bad, didn't realize it was wheel hp.
Yah that extra 0.7L is really going to help.

Nice. I don't really want another I4, so hopefully they'll have some nice EB options five years down the line. A 2.7/3.5L TT Mustang would be fun.

>ford discontinuing v6

Oh boy V8 SHO pls

The 1.0l ecoboos alone makes 140Ps, if you inrease the boost a bit you can get quite some power out of these engines.
With new turbos you won´t lose anything at low rpms and gain a decent amount on the rest of the rev range.

Ecoboost v8 SHO plz

I'm now moist to this thought

Ford sleeper GTR when.

Tuned by Yamaha

Fert could build a V8 ecoboost based on the 3,5l V6 design with bigger turbos.
If they would just add 2 pistuns it woulg generate about 500 hp and 560ft/lbs.

>just add two pistons
It would make more sense to build a Coyote block with low compression and the other shit a turbo needs.

This, but since we're imagining shit that won't happen, how about a Voodoo with a monster twin scroll on it for the new GT500?

youtube.com/watch?v=_Kpq9rxDyPA

it does play from the speakers nignogs

fuck off weeb

BUILT BY ROUSH

DEVELOPED BY WAT

I was sat at home eating smegma butter when pjotr ring
"v8 is kill"
"no"

>tfw Ford is already doing this for the 2018 Raptor and GT500
>tfw V8 is no kill
now if only they would put it in the GT and give it the 8 cylinders it deserves

horsepowerkings.com/the-f-150-raptor-will-receive-the-ecoboost-5-0-twin-turbo-v8-in-2018/

and they flopped so hard. then the japs comes with proper turbo and naturally everybody starts copying them. lmao

Won't happen. The SHO will get the G2 3.5 V6 or the 3.0 that's in the Continental.

Ford already said there will only be a V6 in the Raptor, dumbass. Only the Mustang is getting the V8.

They would have to add direct fuel injection and make the whole block and all the internals stronger, adding 2 pistu8ns on a existing desing would be pretty easy compared to that,

>manual mode

you mean eco cuck right user

That's because they put tiny turbos on the engines that cant make power at high rpms

Stock ecoboost traps 97, worse than a 2v gt with stock pi heads and cams. The 3.7 v6 traps 103 bone stock even in the heavier s550 chassis. It also can do 320whp with bolt ons, Id take it any day or just get the gt if i was gonna spend 10k more. Also they all got forged rods and cranks for s550.

Now if the ecoboost was the 365hp v6 or the 450hp to come out in the new raptor, we might have a real competitor for the dohc v8s.

>drag racing
HURRDURR I DONT'T HAVE A FUCKING CLUE ABOUT CARS BUT I JUST PRESS THIS PEDAL AND SPEND MONEY AND WIN RIGHT GUYS!?

>posted something making 180hp to prove it can replace a v8 with 435hp stock
>even called him a retard

Just dont even...

Also to clarify why the coyote makes so much power in comparison to the previous mod motors, there are a few factors.

First off, compression is 11 to 1. Thats nearing the limit for a high revving v8 to run on pump gas in any state. Theyre also light hyperecutic to help keep weight off the rotating assembly. If im not mistaken, coyotes came with improved powdered rods but swapped to forged in 2015. All cranks have been forged steel though iirc.

Second, the heads flow like 03 cobra heads. 4 cams in total, 4v per cylinder as opposed to the previous sohc and 3v setup for the 05 to 09 gt. The variable cam timing helps alot with getting muh epa numbers for the gubment, while almost literally changing the profile of the cams to act as more aggressive at high rpm.

Third would be the displacement increase, 5.0 isnt huge but the extra .4 liters help when you have incredible heads and good cams.

All this combined in an extremely high revving set up is why they will make 430whp bolt on'd, and still have a ton to gain with after market cams and even a cnc head port.

>with manual shifting mode

Aka shift by wire it'd a fucking gimmick to make you feel like you're doing something but you're not

1/4 mile is also a performance metric, even if you never take the car there.

>450HP
>510 ft/lbs of torque
>can only do 108MPH

Fucking americucks cant do anything right, my 1.0 Polo will do 115 lel

Why try even? How can something be so fucking slow with all that power

>caring about top speed
>for a truck
this is a new level of benchracing

The fucking 1L and 1.6L ecoboost engines in the Focus and Fiesta?
I did a shitton of research on them when buying my current car, only to find that ecoboost models were out of my price range for being too new.

but they cant turn so you'd think they'd make it fast

but no, my econobox is fucking faster lel

Both of those are turbocharged you fucking twat. Some research you did.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_EcoBoost_engine
>EcoBoost is a family of turbocharged, direct-injection gasoline engines produced by the Ford Motor Company

Redid your research for you bro.

It's a truck. It's geared low so it can pull gigantic trailers.

>excuses

Its ok, your 450HP truck gets BTFO by a supermini

Yea so?

it sucks senpai

Well im not racing my truck so idgaf