/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

UAZ edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ayq41-UJ7Cg
forum.keenswh.com/threads/update-01-167-stable-dev-beta-bugfixes-and-improvements.7390882/
twitter.com/SpaceX/status/811641399858737152
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for ded

second for other generals are retards

3th for check your threads before posting like a retard.

thirding.

>not honk edition

shit thread senpai

7th for BFD nostalgia

Machinecraft best /egg/

>machinecraft
>game

>gas
>you

we're already on page ded

rip

Spengos stable or dev? Some mods tell me they would cause problems on stable.

That is not ded which can forever lag.

They'll cause problems regardless.

Can't put off the turret redesign any longer it's causing.. problems, the ship is basically a bomb.

This may sound stupid as fuck but I can't seem to make warbros' sparky starter ships to appear in game, thought it's because of dev\stable but nope.
I'm looking for a balanced good starter ship, could always build this stuff myself but I like the design

nvm, cannibalized prefabs and turned them into blueprints

how is robocraft these days? still gunbed galore?

Wow I was terrible at Acs. After rebuilding the explodey turret it now has a layer of armor but exactly the same rate of fire and ammo capacity as before.

Anyone messed with shields on the below-deck turret parts or ammo ejectors? I'm going full safety salamander on this.

I used to have the same problem with my 150mmx6m spam tube mounted onto my fag subs

Just make a layer of heavy armor on the side the gun faces so that it rotates to whatever it points at. Also make sure that pesky fucking HE bugs can't seep through the turret bottom and the hull top by having a tiny 6 way connector linking the top to the bottom with the hull roof spared by heavy armor to guard the internals.

For clarification I meant mount heavy armor on the front of the turret basket, so that when the turret faces someone, even when they pen your hull, theres a layer of heavy armor guarding the ammunition to stop their shell.

Has anyone had any luck designing a shaped charge in spengies for small ship torpedoes meant exclusively to pen through a fuck load of armor? No explosives in cargo crates. Also knowledge on how the game does damage from impacts and explosions would be a god send.

>/EGG/ adventures in Empyreon
>Chapter 1

>we started our base in an old drone base and start gathering supplies

>Chapter 2

>we got bored so we went to spess

>Chapter 3

>time to find a new home, and migrate to the NA server

>Chapter 4

>went to a good game

>Chapter 4

>spess is pretty

>Chapter 5

>we accidentally fly through the eye of terror and Invalid dies
>we make it to NA server but everythings fucked
>faction is now bugged
>faceless cant acess his space credits
>we're all gonna die

>Chapter 6

>so cold

shoot him
you know who

>chapter 6

>the ships on fire

looks like you shot him

triangles and slopes surprisingly pack a punch
try this thing but scale to small ship, replace antenna with with triangles too

Are you a real villain, /egg/?

kek
youtube.com/watch?v=ayq41-UJ7Cg

Holy shit, someone actually saved my /egg/transport

>3 km tall window
That had to be helluva hard to pressurize

>starmade in a nutshell

is robocraft fun these days?

No

Been fiddling around with this for 30 minutes and have done shit all. Motivation is gone.

I went too hard
I burnt out
good night /egg/

good night /ded/brother

Second gen i5, integrated Intel HD graphics 3000 and a Arch Linux system.
What can I even play?

kys simulator

maybe tekkit. that used to have some fun stuff.

Pleased af with how safety revisions on the smooth battlebote went. Firepower stayed the same but durability went way up, weight and cost went down, I serious'd the paint.

The nips are up to their tricks again! This was my first (and now probably my last) time playing the WW2 world.

This looks like your average russian WoT player

weekly reminder
gas the marek
gas the nuKeen

Is scrap mechanic good yet?

No

forum.keenswh.com/threads/update-01-167-stable-dev-beta-bugfixes-and-improvements.7390882/

>improvements

Jesus Christ, what happened to that tower? Did the user try and visit planets in Spengos?

Power supply clang. Old PSUs were literal bombs, and didn't need or have accreditation. Over do the power draw, and you run into a bad time. This shit was a problem up to the early 2000's.

>Tfw 850 watt power supply.
Damn miniature reactor probably doesn't even notice the power draw from my current setup.

>850
You are like a little babby.

1200w modular master race. and my AMD shitter box almost maxes it out when stress testing lel

We're all impressed by your 3d rendering.

>3d rendering
In a way, I guess.

hue

Technically correct is and always will be the best correct.

Can you run planets without setting your house on fire?

AMD 9370 at 5 ghz does NOT play well with games that aren't optimized for multiple cores. Which is about 90%, so rip. I get like 38 on med settings with 30-sum percent CPU usage.

Jesus Christ. Maybe spengo will eventually run well when supercomputers become more affordable.

PRAISE THE SUN

Spongos actually runs like butter on a 4790k and similar processors.

>twitter.com/SpaceX/status/811641399858737152
Holy shit, it's been a year already.

Gyle pls stay

WWWWELCOME TO THE FORGED ALLIANCE FOREVER PROMOTIONAL SERIES

Today we have some poor misclicks going up against Zock, who has chosen correctly and gone U E F, the finest faction of the game.

You recognize a great player because he plays UEF and still manages to win the game, even without tech trade.

>getting rekt while playing f-zero
You have GIT GUT power!

THE HULLOMANIA DOESN'T RUN IN THIS MAN HE IS NOT A BROTHER!

Am I fucked if I place that drill on hinge conveyor? I heard you can control it with camera and rc block but I guess I'll need a gyro too.

>moved spengies from my hard drive to my SSD
holy fuck it's so much better

Drills shake.
Shaking + hinge = violent CLANG and collapse of the waveform.

That sucks, I wanted ability to dig some downwards without changing ship position

You are of course free to go your own (retarded) way, but moving the entire ship is the least dangerous way of digging further.

This webm gives me strong X3 vibes for some reason.

does space engineers still lag / rubberband in multiplayer?
>it's been over a year now
>i really want to play

Why wouldn't it?

it didn't lag in patch 0.44 and t-they promised

Hey /egg/ From the Depths is on sale for $5.99 on Steam! I just bought it.

Poor fool, now all your organs will be unified into a single "body" block

At least post the story with it.

>physical violence "because you're sad"
I never understood this. Do most people really have so little self-restraint? Only one person I know breaks things when he's unhappy and nobody else I know understands it.

What?

>he doesn't know
May your soul rest in CLANG

Usually a facet of autism or asperger's. I've met people like this and its invariable connected to an inability to link future affect with current action and cause. Usually not a problem unless they get in a relationship with a woman or deal with fragile shit.

People are still salty as fuck about the dev of FtD changing the resource system to use less types of resources, 'unifying' some aspects of resource management into a generic brick of nonsense. One of many poor design choices. The dev threatened to stop development of ftd if people didn't stop telling him it was an awful idea.

>People are still salty as fuck about the dev of FtD changing the resource system to use less types of resources, 'unifying' some aspects of resource management into a generic brick of nonsense. One of many poor design choices. The dev threatened to stop development of ftd if people didn't stop telling him it was an awful idea.

Okay, thanks for explaining. Considering I never played I don't know these multi block glory days!

>glory
They were just as awful, and could have been fixed, but now it's something of a point of contention and he'll never change it back or at all.

God that game is awful in so many ways, but could have been britty gud.

>awful
Then why do so many people here post screen shots from the game?

Its litterally the only bote game with vaugely focused engineering aspects. Most of the time it lines up with reality, but sometimes the dev just decides shit that doesn't make any sense. Ballistic trajectory, for one. It just falls off at a certain distance arbitrarily.

Stockholm Syndrome
Every /egg/ game is pain but we, against our better judgment, continue in the hope of something good

Because every game here has at least one glaring fault with it, and we're stuck with them.

Because despite all the salt it generates from some people, it's still one of the more interesting games here
Personally I think oil should have stayed a separate resource from building materials. If it were, I would have no complaints about the new system