ASX Thread

Last one died.

Wish these were more active

Other urls found in this thread:

hotcopper.com.au/asx/gmc/
gulfmanganese.com/
twitter.com/Patrickcanion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Any ANZ holders here? I bought at ~$25 and they're at ~$30 currently with an upcoming dividend. Pretty happy with that. I just saw them super low a few months back and thought they're bound to go up. Convinced some mates to let me invest a few grand each of their money (and some of my own).

Total profits so far?

Stop dieing pls

bump

How did your week go guys? Slow as fuck for me. No changes at all

PUT ALL OF YOUR MONEY INTO BLOCKBUSTER VIDEO STOCKS RIGHT NOW

Hi All, new here

>Still holding PLG from its IPO debut. So far all of it's announcements are extremely favorable. They should meet its dividend early next year.

>Got the Prospectus for Murray River Organics sitting in my inbox. There's alot of hype around it. Possible next investment.

>Considering investing in some Vanguard funds, but the dividends don't seem so attractive.

$2.3k

If you're not dumping all your cash into HSO, you're pmuch a loser lmao

bought GXY at 36c and it's now sitting pretty at 40c (bottomed at 31). Think I'll sell it next week.

Wish we could get someone in here who can give us the next pre-pump moon mission. I made around 40% in a month when GXY first got onto the scene.

dividend strategies are a logical fallacy. compare the performance charts of vanguard funds to high dividend stocks or funds.

why?

More like iam

I would recommend VAS, VAP VTS at least purely because the fees are dirt cheap for what you're getting. They've made me a couple of grand or so over the past 3 weeks with 0 effort on my part.

Hospitals are going to be overflowing over the next 10-20 years. HSO is currently heavily discounted, unlike RHC, because plebs don't know how to hold.

Will definitely look into it man. Thank you !!

thoughts on mpl?

plz what do u guys think of medibank

>VAS, VAP VTS
Explain what this is

This is supposed to be a business forum. Look it up

I googled those words and nothing relevant came up. Spoon feed me plz

They're all Vanguard Exchange Traded Funds. Basically with these you're buying into a portfolio of stocks that track a particular sector or index.

I have been looking at vap lately pretty solid returns over the long run!

Anyone here following GMC? This came up on my radar while discussing stock picks with some random tradie i work with. He got tipped off about the announcements from someone on the ground in Indo back in august and is expecting a similar move again soon.
I'm a bit more hesitant at the moment thinking there may be a retrace from the most recent Nov 15th move to 3.2c, however Im only a novice investor. Hotcopper is useless because they're 100% bullish 100% of the time on related forums. Constantly calling moonshots and other hype.

Anyone want to have a peek or give feedback if you already have positions?

hotcopper.com.au/asx/gmc/
gulfmanganese.com/

Just sold GXY. 20% gain

Why? They're just about to ship in the next month or so. When that first shipment leaves port the hype is going to be ridiculous.
You either have no plans to re-enter or you're hoping for a missed date.

should i buy gxy?

Looks pretty good to me. I'm going to get on board.

should have a month ago when it dipped due to that macquaries shilling. also conservative estimate for the SP is 0,60AUD meaning there is still juice.

Aware me on GXY men?

Li miner that's just started pulling the goods out of the ground and is about to make its first shipment. Conservative estimates put it's current value at around 58c per share. Upper estimates closer to 70c.
It took a hit a while ago when Macquarie tried to spook Li investors with some bearish oversupply nonsense forecast. It's since recovered and will easily surpass it's 51c high from June over the next few months.

There was an amazing buy opportunity 2 weeks ago when shorters smashed the SP down to 30c. Those with any sense (like me) accumulated and have now seen 40% return in 2 weeks after those same shorters subsequently got smashed. It's probably the best real, non microcap stock to get into that will see real gains very soon.

Do you think it will drop again before rising?
What's a realistic timeframe for it to see real gains?

>Do you think it will drop again before rising?
yes
>What's a realistic timeframe for it to see real gains?
\_(ツ)_/¯

pls don't blindly buy off Veeky Forums tips

>pls don't blindly buy off Veeky Forums tips

Just doing research familia

It won't drop again significantly unless there's something like plant failure or its first shipment sinks
user above me is right. You need to demonstrate your own due diligence and read up on it. Don't buy a stock just on a tip here. This is just to put it on your radar to have a look at.

Personally i think it will see 51c + by early to mid Jan.

I mean comparing a fund to a stock is not comparing apples to apples. Of course a dividend paying stock will most likely out perform a fund. But the risk is also higher

I've been in here shilling IAM for a while now. Absolute tears if you didnt get on. It still has plenty left in the tank though and imo could hit 15c by Christmas

I bought in when it was shilled as SRT here @ 2.3
Of course it's one of the smaller positions I have in my portfolio which is fucking typical.

Still, shouldn't complain about 160% profit no matter how small the holding.

What do you guys think about WAM? It averages about 18% up a year and offers a 6% dividend. The charts show that its been rising for years

I think you should have bought 3 weeks ago ;)

Gonna have to update the chart in this.
Best 10k I've ever spent with a 2c average.

But is it still a good buy?

Ya it's a great addition, also seems to have a slight negative correlation to my equity exposures which is good (e.g. today it completely offset the losses I was getting from the fall in equity markets).

Thoughts on DRM and KNM?

great share picks. I hope you invested every cent you have... they're going to tha MOON!

Glad Im not to only one who thinks so

Should I try and buy some more IAM tomorrow?

VOC dropped hard today.

looks good, something tells me its in for a rebound.

Does anyone know why? I just read through their AGM and it seemed alright, sans CFO and two board members resignations.

50 minutes to opening, lads. Who's up?
I just ordered IAM

I wouldn't touch it yet. A beating like that doesn't turn around in one day.

>I just ordered IAM
What price? Did you get it?

Probably 6.5
RIP in peace user

Lol probably

I just bought in some more at 0.058.
Hopefully if we have a productive AGM this afternoon the price should go back up to the 6s

all in on QQQ. Enjoy your mediocre returns from trading in and out of the market while I average 9+% over a 5-10 year period

Spot on, also its a flag formation m8, she'll bounce back up. No point getting panicky during the usual price swing.

I love being right :')

I'll wait for the next dip to enter.

Implying there will ever be another dip and that IAM isnt on a one way trip to the moon

this -> There's no point in waiting, just suck it up and buy as is. You'll be sitting pretty at christmas time.

In still holding. But I can afford to with a cost base of ~$1

Good day for IAM. Held strong considering the massive run. May go back into the 5's but could just keep powering on tomorrow.

Fully expecting 50c to $1 SP should everything go well with Sentry, who really want to make it happen. I can't find the article but there's one about who Sentry put in charge to oversee the pilot with IAM and it that person was very well paid.

Also,
Patric's a bretty cool guy.
twitter.com/Patrickcanion

Should I get in on IAM, looks pretty good

>Fully expecting 50c to $1 SP should everything go well

That's a massive leap though. What timeframe are you setting for that? 3 years?

Thought on current MXC

HSO also doesn't have international exposure, less brand equity, more debt and lacks the A+ renowned management that RHC has

GPP and RMX

No mentions ITT yet, thoughts?

It will be 10c minimum by the end of december

Currently fluctuating between 4.5 and 4.7 with the occasional 4.4 and 4.8.

Wait until 4.4 and buy to make sure you don't lose any money, then when PANAX deal comes it's expected to be 6 to 8 cents, more optimistic people say 10.

I've been buying and selling MXC the entire year so I've got a good idea about the company and it's sp

Massive P&D today tho.

I'll see if it holds up tomorrow and I might buy it depending

Are you talking about how it hit 6.6 first thing this morning?
Otherwise I cant see how its a Pand D

6.5 open, 5.8 low, 6.0 close

Eh I think it just shot up in anticipation of the AGM, then short term holders saw room for profit and sold out

Thoughts?

Sorry for making a thread, next time I'll use this

Makes sense people would take profits at an instant 35% increase

Going to see what price it stabilizes at and I'll buy it. Looks pretty promising.

>Hotcopper

Always take what they say with a grain of salt

That was kinda my point
They post some outlandish shit (like my pic), especially about IAM

The one thing I ike about this penny stck, is the amount of long term holders it has. So many people confident about the future and not willing to give up their shares = high demand= increase in sp

Not one hotcopper prediction on any of the stocks I have invested in have come true.
If they had, I'd be a multi millionaire right now.

Yeah it looks pretty sturdy in terms of holders.
Most likely buying tomorrow. Just hope the share price doesn't fall too much lower.

What are our favorite ETF's boys? Just invested into VAS and VAP. Was thinking about buying into a Vanguard US ETF but the NAV was way lower than the share price.

I have VTS and VAP

I bought in when VAP was $86 a share so it's gone down a bit but it is a long term investment of course

Looking to drop 5k into some shares soon (not another etf)

VTS has done okay lately

This. I've lost on MXC so far but holding for PANAX and seeing what happens. Also hold MMJ, having bought at 18.5 on the Trump scare.

So far, been a rocky ride. Carrying reasonable losses on MOX and PAK presently (around 35%) but more than carried on ADV (up 25%) and ALC (up 225% - that's not a typo. 225% and it still has more life in it).

Meanwhile, how stupid was the Trump effect on the ASX? I bought CNJ at 2 cents and sold at 3.1 two weeks later. Stupid as fuck.

Bluechips aren't treating me badly either, with solid cash in QBE and QAN, up around 20% on each. Still waiting to Telstra to get back to what I paid for it though, but divvies so far ease the loss.

>I've lost on MXC so far

What did you buy at?

Should I buy in MXC or BNO. I dont want to touch IAM now that its peaking.

>now that its peaking.
What makes you say its peaking? It has a long way to go before peak imo

$90 sp by next week /s

I mean I'm not comfortable buying when it's at its highest.

An increase from 4.8 to 6 won't hold, surely.

I reckon buy at 5 or 5.2

Well MW actually said 10- 20c over a year ago.(guy that found intiger for RTO)
Sure, sounded like a load of shit like he was having a pull but.. When I saw the actual performance share's conditions for Mark Fisher, that's what sold IAM for me. Amazing terms for SH.
Bought 500k @2c and waited.

Now if you look at those milestones, that need to be hit (MF is confident of hitting with Sentry alone and he thinks $1 SP, said so today at AGM), apply a P/E of about 20 (conservative) and 50c and up seem easy.

Ive got about another 4k that id like to invest in IAM, do you think the price will drop much or should I get in asap?

I think you should be able to get in the 5's, but really, I have no Idea. Depends on how long you are willing to hold for. Waiting and seeing would be your best bet but we're expecting big news in about 2-3 weeks and if it's as big as we think then as user said above, 10c minimum by Decembers end.

MRQ is drilling in QLD and results are expected to be out in 2 weeks. opportunity there for some FOMO profits since its near a low and might shoot up

You'll do well to be a little more conservative than hotcopper.

Good morning ASX. After 5 months my portfolio is finally back in the green on the back of GXY and IAM

How's everyone else's day starting

I bought in late at 6.4, I hoping the hype train hasn't pumped the brakes

If you're talking about IAM, she's got plenty of steam left.

Another good day for IAM, I agree, getting some excellent churn at these levels.

On another note, was up all night looking into a day trade for CR8 and even left a note on my keyboard saying "CR8 do it you bastard" but ended up sleeping in until 3.
I'm one lazy fuck when it comes to trading but could be so much better if I didn't sleep for 12-14 hours a night.

>but ended up sleeping in until 3

Same, missed out on 2 good trades today.

Do you guys not have jobs? Or are you on break after uni?

Have a part time job that I work at night.

What would you say if I told you that this is my job? It makes me more than enough to pay the bills and keep adding to the portfolio.

APO:ASX profit warning and lowered dividend fucked me in the ass.
Still hoping it will rise again over time.