Never ridden before...

Never ridden before, planning on buying one of these to ride through my town's tiny side streets and just get around town, nothing too crazy.

My question is, would I need boots/protective gear while riding this or am I good with just a t-shirt/helmet/gloves?

If you fall off, it would be extremely painful

Wear a mask.

would I need boots/protective gear while riding this or am I good with just a t-shirt/helmet/gloves?
how much do you like your exposed parts?
>If you are ok with them being fucked up go ahead and squid not my body not my problem.

You are on the outside of the vehicle so if you eat shit just remember that.

I figured that I wouldn't be going too fast (I'd wear a jacket for that) but I can't get too hurt going down roads like this, right? Though I guess anything's possible.

Ya, I've got a helmet with a flip down mask in mind.

you do not need to be going very fast for road rash.

Doesn't answer my question if I need boots. Protective gear aside, would I need boots or are sneakers fine?

Very true, I'll keep a jacket on me then

I feel like you are not thinking about this at all.

That pic is from b4 my gear showed up. you want shoes that go over the ankle so you have a better chance of not breaking your ankles.

That pic is a perfect example of a small crash that would mean sliding down the road in gear getting up and being 100% fine. vs possibly breaking my ankle and taking all the skin of whatever was sliding on pavement.

ALL THE GEAR ALL THE TIME. If you dont wear gear just remember how it could have gone if you had put it on.

you can go out and ride in your underwear while wearing crocs and a skull cap helmet, doesn't make that a wise decision though just because you can doesn't mean you should.

ask yourself how much you value your own life, then wear the corresponding amount of protective clothing.

Get low cut boots or riding shoes, shifting in normal thin sneakers sucks

Thanks guys, good to know. Gotta find some good riding gear.

get something with some ankle protection as any bike is heavy enough where if you lose balance you could easily twist or break your ankle. before i got my self some proper motorcycle boots i would alternate between some work boots and some tall winter boots. of course i would still recommend getting motorcycle boots though since along with proper protection the boots are designed to make foot controls easier to use

4u.

OP as someone who was inexperience and rode around town on a dual sport without a license or gear sans a helmet for 8 hours (long story) and didn't crash (until I got on an actual dirt bike track anyway), I cannot fucking tell you how stupid of an idea that was.

Even at lower speeds you're going to get asphalt up your dick, lose skin and break something. It's not worth it.

think about what happens when you come off and hit the pavement.

>hint: you'll get cheese gratered the fuck up if you don't wear ample protective gear

Good gear from head to toe is cheaper than staying in hospital for a couple of months recovering from having half the skin on your body cheese gratered off by the road.

Dont think about falling, lol you negative pieces of shit who probably never ridden a motorcycle in their life. Its fun af id get a honda rebel if i were you tho

Gee, I don't know nigga.
Try it, fall and then come back with your findings.

I'm thinking of getting a 2009 Honda rebel for 1900.00

Do you mean it when you say they're good or are you just memeing?

If you have never ridden before then unless your drive like a god on wheels you will eventually fall or have some form of accident, IT WILL HAPPEN.

With protective gear such as leather gloves and leather armour (Jacket) On plus a descent pair of boots and a helmet the damage dome will be greatly less than opposed to not wearing proper gear.

Trust me, I have ridden for over 10 years and gear is a complete must man.

Rebels are slow as shit.

Like, can't do more than 80mph on a good day tier slow.

I personally wouldn't recommend one.

Here's your (You).

Crashing is a part of riding, and if you don't think about it long enough to prepare yourself for it (i.e. what gear am I gonna wear today etc) you're a fucking moron.

You might not crash, and that's perfectly fine, but if you do you're gonna wish you'd had half a thought of what you'd do if it did happen.

Also Rebels are slow as shit, good luck going anywhere near a highway on one.

How do i learn to drive motorcycle if i don't have one? Like how do i learn

So Honda bike owners are retarded too? Thought it was just the cars.

Google "msf course" and don't buy a crotch rocket as your first bike.

Find out if there's some sort of course you can take that'll teach you the basics.

They should provide everything you need (bike, helmet etc), all you'll need to do is turn up in long sleeves and pants and a half decent pair of shoes.

Honda vtx > rebel

Tight.

Now I'm looking on a couple of 2002 Harley Davidson sporters 1200, are those any good at around 3000.00? Each.

I'm a beginner rider, no homo

Ehh, Harleys are a sore point on Veeky Forums.

If I were in the market for a cruiser I would go Jap personally, the big four all make decent ones.

They might not have the flair or heritage of a Harley, but they'll be much, much more reliable in the long run. And possibly a bit cheaper, too.

Bruh,

Thanks.

If I could hit the mf like button I would

MSF course is the best bet if you dont have a buddy or a shitbike to just get on and try to ride.

this guy is half right. I started on a crotch rocket just cause that's what I wanted to buy. if you do start on a crotch rocket just remember that it wants you to rev the piss out of if and go fast. they are usually way more touchy for throttle and brakes. Bike doesn't matter you can fuck up bad on anything if you do stupid shit

For you