Get paid $1600 a month

>get paid $1600 a month
>20% goes in Taxes immediately
>60% goes in rent living with 5 other people
>15% goes in food and daily expenses
>5% goes in whatever pleasures I can afford to keep me sane and prevent me from killing myself
>If I'm lucky I may get to save 1 or 2% a month.

why is this allowed?

Your rent is to high. Move somewhere cheaper if you can't afford to live alone.

I feel you user. The current system sucks.

That's your fault for not having valuable skills, or networking properly. Blame yourself

I get what you mean, but there are no jobs around where rent is "low" and atleast an 1 - 2 hours ride from work.

Because the market has determined that you can be paid that amount based on the relatively easily accomplished work you must be doing to earn such a wage. If you were a more capable person who could demand a higher rate from the market due to your expertise then naturally your life would improve.

The problem lies with you, not the system. If you want to complain then ask why despite you working to make the little money you do, ask why some don't have to work at all to receiver the same income as you or more.

I already do blame myself because of my lack of social skills, so I'm not good at networking with people.

I'm for no income tax that fixes your tax problem.

rent? Government regulation is keeping development low so housing is expensive. that can be fixed with less regulation and taxation on building.

you can spend only 15% n food and daily expenses? Thats pretty good

You make an excellent point, so much so that I want to tell everyone I know about your excellent point, but first I need examples. Can you list five government regulations that are effecting housing development? How about three? Or maybe even just one?

>live with 5 other people
>still pay almost a fucking thousand dollars a month in rent

Are you kidding OP? Move out of your mcmansion and find something more reasonable, or move out of what shithole you live in.

More than half your income on fucking rent? You can't be serious. I hope you're trolling, otherwise good luck. I'm not following this thread.

Well for example, in my city they have restrictions on how tall a building can be.

Also rent control means developers are less inclined to invest in new building because they cant set rent to what they want. In the short term, rent control helps tenets, but long term, it depresses the supply and quality of housing. What I'd like to see is overbuilding then a supply bust, so rents will crash and actually be affordable, that's how the market deals with expensive housing usually.

>$880 a month on rent
>with 5 people
Someone's skimping on rent. I guarentee you shouldnt be paying $4k for rent a month

Do you live in LA or something? Me and my roommate pay that much for a 2 bedroom apartment combined

% goes in whatever pleasures I can afford to keep me sane and prevent me from killing myself
>>If I'm lucky I may get to save 1 or 2% a month.

So you could be saving 7% a month?

Then find people who want to help you because you're down.

There are successful people out there who could relate to you on many levels.

Get a better job.

And your rent is too high. Check Craigslist for a cheaper place.

Sonovabitch, didn't you read "prevent me from kms"?

are there no midsized cities (like 50-100k people) in the US where rent for an apartment is like 400 bucks? cant believe that honestly

Out of curiosity, do you live in Madison?

>60% goes in rent
theres your problem

% goes in rent living with 5 other people