>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

>Extended Universe Downloads
mega.nz/#F!OFFSkSrb!6P9FqreveGbbwh_No1qHZA

>Fan Projects
Info on Project Cartographer:
h2v.online

Info on SPV3:
dsogaming.com/news/halo-custom-edition-spv3-total-overhaul-halo-pc-now-available/

Info on Halo: Online
docs.google.com/document/d/1yVlMw6NzM-liatgr1hBI3hVQN_STHinP2gQQTNjcTnA/edit#getstarted

Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sh3KQb9dU4c
youtube.com/watch?v=fofX-OITWMw
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g
xbox.com/en-US/live/game-crest-2016/share
strawpoll.de/z5w6f9y
strawpoll.de/9fd9ew5
strawpoll.de/a8gy61g
strawpoll.de/6ss3sd4
strawpoll.de/rfyg2d6
strawpoll.de/gyff2eg
strawpoll.de/8eas9gf
strawpoll.de/z2zg8y2
strawpoll.de/65r4wb1
strawpoll.de/6139edg
strawpoll.de/783fae7
strawpoll.de/968awse
strawpoll.de/bd33b56
strawpoll.de/abgdb2e
strawpoll.de/29sgscr
strawpoll.de/s9g269d
strawpoll.de/dzrdf2w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>you will never get death by snu-snu from a Spartan

Let's try to be more civil in this one.

>Can someone give me arguments in defense of Health Packs?
>What what you change for Halo 6 MP?

>random mystery boxes with no visual cues on their person
It's one thing to maybe not be behind someone so they hide the orange glowing light on their back that reveals they're using armorlock, but it's another thing to not notice the FUCKING JETPACK on someone's back.

OBJECTIVE MP RANKING
CE > H2 = H5 > H3 > H4 > Reach

That EU Downloads mega link is bork.

First post for anime

Thats one example, and also points out a flaw in the balance between the AAs themselves.

This is fine

>Can someone give me arguments in defense of Health Packs, but I don't have to make a solid argument for their removal?
ftfy

>>What what you change for Halo 6 MP?
Remove Sprint, Charge, Ground Pound, and Hover.
Leave boost and up base move speed.
Remove radar.
Nerf automatics.
Remove clone precision weapons (br, carbine, lr, dmr) from slayer maps.

THE /HG/TAGE IV: BUNGIE EDITION is currently accepting clips from these games.
>Halo: Combat Evolved/Anniversary/SPV3
>Halo 2/Anniversary/Vista/Project Cartographer
>Halo 3/ODST/Firefight
>Halo Wars
>Halo: Reach
>Halo: The Master Chief Collection (excluding Halo 4/Spartan Ops)

To submit a clip, either reply to this post with the xboxdvr/thehostyouuse link or message that link to "Sweaty Towels" on waypoint. Use the past community’tages as a reference on what to submit. I’ll be looking for casual and competitive clips from the multiplayer and the campaign.

youtube.com/watch?v=sh3KQb9dU4c
youtube.com/watch?v=fofX-OITWMw
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

Fuck off Sayaka

3 >= 2 > CE > 5 > Reach > 4

I can agree with this list

Then I guess 1 and 2 were the least balanced and worst multiplayers because 3 invented showing the secondary weapon on the player model.

You will be ignored until you participate like an adult

>remove radar
Why?

xbox.com

>Why?
Radar is unfair. If someone crouches or walks slow, then the other player can't tell they're there. It makes asymmetrical gameplay and uneven fights. It promotes camping and defensive play.

Switch takes time and you can be prepared for anything weapon related in almost any situation, AAs were often get out of jail free cards from spawn.

Weapons on models was a good design choice though and an improvement.

Radar is bad since it benefits camping and slow movement.

>Switch takes time and you can be prepared for anything weapon related in almost any situation
If you can be ready for a rocket launcher, you can be ready for a guy to make himself completely immobile for five seconds.

Removing radar takes out the primary method of alerting the player to the opponent, you will have a LOT more sneaky asymmetrical fights if the player can flank at full speed.

>not posting the real version

Put CE below 3 and it's spot on.

But by your logic, then camping becomes unreliable because someone could walk around a corner unannounced at ANY moment.

Jump vs the dance stops for five seconds as he recharges and opponents pick you off

If you flank someone you should be rewarded with an asymmetrical fight.
Radar sucks because the best play with it if you're ahead is to simply camp a good intersection or area of map waiting for red dot to show up.

>jump a rocket
>in CE
And if we're bringing in other players, then jump that splash damage while his teammates pick you off with pistols.

>tfw remembered Halo Online is fucking dead

Where is this on there?

Camping does take a hit but so does legitimate play.

You would get a lot more movement and hold points would switch quickly.

I just think the radar is so integral to fair 1v1 combat that the benifits outweigh the occasional camper. No radar turns every encounter into an unprepared fuckfest. With radar you can prepare your weapons and placement for the upcoming combat, it allows more decision making in anticipation for the battle.

It also allows players to make risk/reward decisions like "should I run out there and get that power weapon with that guy on my left?" Without the radar you would always choose to just go for it

xbox.com/en-US/live/game-crest-2016/share

>No radar turns every encounter into an unprepared fuckfest.
Except every time someone turns a blind corner.
>With radar you can prepare your weapons and placement for the upcoming combat, it allows more decision making in anticipation for the battle.
And not everyone will have the weapons that others have, making it unfair.
>Without the radar you would always choose to just go for it
That's just you being too dumb to live. The same principles still apply.

Without a radar it wasn't skillful to flank someone

I believe if you flank someone crouching with low movement speed and launch a sucessful ambush you deserve it

It's a power weapon that the opponent picked off the map. This is why we don't have rocket starts in normal game modes.

My GS isn't that high, so I'm curious what the numbers above me are.

In other fps this comes with experience and knowledge of the map as you start to understand spawns, map flow, etc you can guess where people are likely coming from. Of course enemy can then try and trick you. This is interesting.
Radar removes it all by giving exact location info to every nearby enemy unless you move at crawl speed the whole time.

>I just think the radar is so integral to fair 1v1 combat that the benifits outweigh the occasional camper. No radar turns every encounter into an unprepared fuckfest. With radar you can prepare your weapons and placement for the upcoming combat, it allows more decision making in anticipation for the battle.
No offense but this is casual as fuck, without radar you don't just "go for it" you judge your odds given imperfect knowledge of enemy's location.
Giving everyone perfect info of enemy in local area around them is a way to help noobs who can't learn maps.
What quake 1v1 matches they have no radar but they can guess where enemy is and take predicted shots and sometimes they hit, that's fun and adds another level to game.
Halo 5 already has a similar mechanic in place since grenades have hit markers so you can use them to scout enemies locations.

This is good

Please eleborate on all 3 to be honest

How would turning a blind corner not turn into an unprepared fuckfest?

Why should the player with the better weapon that he earned be gimped?

why should I have magical intuition powers and not run out and grab it with no notification that there is danger at all?

>It's a power weapon that the opponent picked off the map. This is why we don't have rocket starts in normal game modes.
The discussion was never about that. It was about reacting to armaments that could not be seen. Someone claimed that because you can't see Reach's powerups from every angle on their body, they are entirely unfair, but I compared this to CE and 2 doing what he claimed Reach did with every single weapon in the game and this is somehow different.

>why should I have magical intuition powers and not run out and grab it with no notification that there is danger at all?
Because you should've gotten gud.
There's a reason other fps don't have radar and every competitive halo scene until H5 didn't have radar.

Grade indicators are much larger indicators of casualization that radar in Halo.

Halo is a thinking game, each fight is a dance and the radar allows the participants to put their cards on the table, for a moment, before the dance starts.

Removing it just makes it hide and go seek.

>How would turning a blind corner not turn into an unprepared fuckfest?
Someone will wait around the corner regardless of whether radars are on. I'm playing devil's advocate right now, but SWAT is proof of this. With them on, it gives a severe advantage to the camper, but with them off it becomes more equal.
>Why should the player with the better weapon that he earned be gimped?
"Earned" is the key word here. You hate asymmetrical gameplay, but you need to back up that they didn't "earn" it asymmetrically. You'd have to take into account the map shape, the spawns, did he turn a corner and kill someone in a 2v1 who was lacking shields, etc.?
>why should I have magical intuition powers and not run out and grab it with no notification that there is danger at all?
Because not running face-first into the unknown isn't magical intuition, it's common sense. You're playing Halo. You know you're locked in an arena with guys who have guns. Once again, SWAT proves these claims. People circle the maps and try to cover all lines of sight and carefully check corners. Nobody just sprints across the center of The Rig. They make up for the lack of radar, not turn into blind lemmings.

Is there any other game that plays like Halo?

Should Halo seek to be more like other games?

>Halo is a thinking game, each fight is a dance and the radar allows the participants to put their cards on the table, for a moment, before the dance starts.
It's like playing face up poker.
There is no "dance" with radar, it's just wait until he gets tired of waiting and comes around the corner so I can blast him.

I'm not gonna go off of what happened at launch with each of these games. Just gonna rank them based on how they play now.

Halo 3 > Halo 2 > Halo 5 > Halo 4 > Halo: Reach > Halo: CE

In the case of radar, yes Halo should be like other fps.

Swat doesn't count because the TTK is low

I don't hate asymmetrical gameplay, I hate asymmetrical starts.

So you slow the game down and play it safe 100% of the time?

That's a degenerate OP picture

Reposting the one from the last thread.

Everyone seems to like strawpolls as much as I like statistics, so I figured I make a few. I've seen other boards gather similar types of information to cut through this shitposting, and beyond the /hg/ company stats, I know of nothing like that here, so I figured I do it now.

Once the data's been gathered, I'll throw all the charts onto an image.
1. Best Campaign
strawpoll.de/z5w6f9y

2. Best Custom Games
strawpoll.de/9fd9ew5

3. Best Matchmaking
strawpoll.de/a8gy61g

4. Best Sandbox
strawpoll.de/6ss3sd4

5. H5 Campaign
strawpoll.de/rfyg2d6

6. H5 Multiplayer Playlist Frequency
strawpoll.de/gyff2eg

7. H5 BTB
strawpoll.de/8eas9gf

8. H5 Strongholds BTB
strawpoll.de/z2zg8y2

9. H5 Button Layout
strawpoll.de/65r4wb1

10. Look sensitivity
strawpoll.de/6139edg

11. Look Inversion
strawpoll.de/783fae7

12. H5 Announcer
strawpoll.de/968awse

13. Age
strawpoll.de/bd33b56

14. Teabagging
strawpoll.de/abgdb2e

15. Customs Browser
strawpoll.de/29sgscr

16. State of the MCC
strawpoll.de/s9g269d

17. 343 as a Company
strawpoll.de/dzrdf2w

Grenades, flanking, the jump, choosing your weapon, you ducking or standing in the center or peeking before he does

It turns a random happenstance into a mexican standoff with far more mental variables and complex mind games

Too many polls and too many options

>163406349
>163407171

>Swat doesn't count because the TTK is low
Doesn't matter. Want another example? Breakout. Want another? Slayer Pro.
>I don't hate asymmetrical gameplay, I hate asymmetrical starts.
But we covered you did. You've spent all evening arguing that something being even slightly asymmetrical is a failure of the game design.
>So you slow the game down and play it safe 100% of the time?
There's a difference between "slowing down and playing it safe" and "not blindly walking out to the power weapon that's probably being camped."

Are you guys arguing about radar??

Radar has been in halo since the start. It should stay.

It's always been shit.

It should stay, but 5's radar is shit. They decreased the range, despite granting unlimited sprint and the new movement options.

I'm reading Halo: Fractures. It's an excellent book by all accounts, but now I'm at Rossbach's World. Why is Brian Reed's writing so goddamn awful?

Oh you're that guy. Just stop. Flanderizing your opponents arguement isn't acting like an adult, I provided the benefits and problems with health packs, not just a blatant rule about fairness, game design doesn't work in absolutes.

This obviously, no radar works for swat and some infection gametypes but it ruins half of the strategy in combat encounters

If you like radar you're a dumb casual.
Go play action sack.

Only in Halo 5, my friends.

No radar = making it more cod-like

>radar is always accurate instead of updating like Aliens' motion scanner
>radar in later games even gives elevation information
How long until we just get to see enemy outline of anybody nearby?
That'll give us "mindgames" right?

If you don't like radar, you're a dumb casual who can't handle a prepared opponent

>Oh you're that guy. Just stop.
I'm not the one who made the original claim.
>I provided the benefits and problems with health packs, not just a blatant rule about fairness
Your only argument against it is "well I might start a second firefight with slightly less health." You have yet to back up this type of point in regards to "slightly less ammo/shields/power weapons/grenades."
>game design doesn't work in absolutes.
Except you insist on it in absolutes and demand absolutes from other people. And when you get them, you just say "not an argument." Hell, you just completely ignored all of the points that you JUST ASKED FOR because you can't counter them.

More quake-like.

There goes the slippery slope and flanderization.

No, promethian vision gives you EXACT placement, radar still lives a bit of guessing.

You ever play CE on boarding action? Radar with no elevation sucks

Yeah and shitters never looked at their radar

Yes every other competitive shooter and every pro Halo player since CE is wrong.
Radar isn't casual at all :^)

>the game isn't telling me exactly where my enemy is
OH THE HUMANITY

Should Halo play like Quake?

Is Quale viable on a console?

>the majority of /hg/ is casual
see
>wants to suck the pros dick even further after they ruined arena maps
Radar needs to stay and become larger by default. The pros should have their own playlist where the few dozen of them play against each other because no one else wants to play without radar. Oh wait, that's already happened in Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo: Reach.

There goes the appeal to the majority and flanderization.

Captcha: Provide Arguments

>the majority of /hg/ is casual
Uh not sure why you linked the post with the polls.
But yes the majority of /hg/ is casual as fuck when it comes to Halo mp.

>Radar needs to stay and become larger by default
Let's just make it show the whole map.

That would make for a nifty gametype, but there goes the flanderization

>/hg/ boasts about dedication and goes on about autism points
>they'll never be dedicated enough to play a halo game meant for cheeki breekis and they never will

Let's just make the player deaf and blind, then nobody can camp around any corners

>Uh not sure why you linked the post with the polls.
pic related

Stay salty

Is this /hg/'s new word for "I ran out of arguments?" Flanderization?

Why not remove all posts, that way nobody can run out of arguments

Flanderization

Halo was never popular because of its competitive scene. It was popular from the casual players.

You think the reason why halo 3 sold millions and millions of copies was all from MLG tryhards?

Stop flanderizing.

>if x than XXXXXXXXXXXXX
>an argument

But it wasn't even my post. I'm just pointing out that someone has, instead of offering counterarguments, just been saying "flanderizing."

You think radar was why Halo 3 sold millions?
The casuals have moved on, Halo isn't and will never be top dog again. Why keep pandering to them?

You can't counter a nonargument, if you are just flanderizing a previous argument you've provided no substance to the discussion, it's the socratic equivelent of throwing turds

>Why keep pandering to them?
Because they're the majority of the Halo players. You know what isn't the majority? The competitive scene.

not even me but wow.

>radar is the only thing that attracts casual players
>if x than XXXXXXXXXXX

>You can't counter a nonargument, if you are just flanderizing a previous argument you've provided no substance to the discussion
Logical extensions to show flaws in another's argument is an argument. If you can't easily prove why it's wrong, then you are probably the one without the argument.

You can want some depth in your Halo without being an esports fag.

Wait so EVERYONE who has failed to respond to every person with an opinion different than theirs is wrong?

here is an example, i've provided no substance, i've made no point, i've not addressed anything, i've just no u'd my way into thinking i'm superior by smugly insulting your view

And depth is exactly what radar adds

You're asking who it's better to pander to. Here, the majority is also the group who harmed the core gameplay less.

Then pick whatever poll you like. As you can see, more people have voted in the first 4 and last polls than the others.

> Halo 5 features a heavy focus on the comp scene
> Launches with barebones social gametype support
> people complain until social playlists are added
Gee, it's almost as if the competitive scene is a bunch of niche shit that nobody actually cares much for.

Radar adds so much strategic value in every encounter, without radar every encounter is luck of the draw who has what out and who is where

"depth"

>here is an example, i've provided no substance, i've made no point, i've not addressed anything, i've just no u'd my way into thinking i'm superior by smugly insulting your view
That's all of your posts. You never respond to claims, ever. You just say "not an argument", smugly act like you've won, and just show everyone that you can't back up what you said. Either counter the argument or just stop posting.

Exhibit A