Things that piss you off about new cars

>My car cost $2000
>New version of my car costs $20000
>New version isn't 10x as fast

Lmao do they even want people to buy new vehicles when there's no performance gain?

....did you seriously post this and expect anything other than ridicule? This has to be the most asinine thing I've ever heard spoken by a complete retard with no grasp of reality.

Please, do not reproduce.

How much did your car cost brand new, and did you account for inflation?

Otherwise saying I bought a car for 15k and the new model costs 150k (certain mercs with DAT deprecation) and expecting it to be 10X better in all regards is just retarded.

i cant belive i unironically wanted a Crown Victoria for like 20+ years

they are dogshit and that modular even moreso

Oh right new cars

>Keyless entry and start (Oh boy this wont be abused by thieves at all)
>Electrical Systems somehow less reliable than the early 80s to late 90's shit
>Guardy styling
>Yearly cosmetic upgrades and interior restylings yet spend nothing on the actual car/motor
>Infotainment crap

Warranties and free/cheap servicing are probably the biggest drawcards for a new car. Not to mention who wants old ripped/stained cloth or leather with 10 years of farts on it.

>Warranties and free/cheap servicing are probably the biggest drawcards for a new car.
HAHAHAHAH
i am sorry what?

HAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Dealers cant even repair their own fucking cars mate you have to be joking

>Things that piss you off about new cars

-no pop up headlights
-10 feet of air between hood and engine and still no room to change spark plugs, replace alt, ect. without taking tons of shit apart.
-emission controls
-o2 sensors
-flappy paddles
-no manual gearbox
-FWD
-Traction control
-traction control that cant be 100% turned off
-traction control that cant be set to default off
-electric power steering

I could go on

>-no manual gearbox
sigh

the rest your basically bang on though

Do you think they tell the public that tho?

Of course not.

most of Veeky Forums are normal faggots anyway.

let them piss their money up the wall driving new cars off the lot upside down on finance and lose 50% of the cars value in under 5 years.

The smart thing to do would be to lease a car and only own a project car for the weekends.

push button start
>i want a fucking key so i know if my ignition is fucked or my starter without having to take shit apart
electric parking brakes.
>had to tow a subaru where the brake got stuck on and they give a tool to manaull disable it.
>tool is 14+ inch long.
>goes in a hole infront a passenger rear wheel on the bottom of the sideskirt.
>not possible to get tool in there even jacking car maxed out with my floor jack.
>CAUTION you must turn the thing clockwise 300 times no more no less or you could seriously fuck some shit up.

wheres wolfy to tell me about this insanity?

All the touchscreen infotainment bullshit.

4WD and off road vehicles turning into 20" chrome wheel, AWD, 7kw sound system, automatic children chariots.

>>they are dogshit and that modular even moreso

Why though?

Ford rubbish near i say more?

>actually responding to a falcunt thread
You're all worse than he is.

>The smart thing to do would be to lease a car and only own a project car for the weekends
This is what I do.
I'm on my 3rd leased car, it goes back in February. It sucks always having a car payment but its never more than $170 a month and I only use it to drive to work. However, getting a brand new car every 3 years is nice. I started with a 2008 Civic, then a 2011 Jetta, and now I'm on a 2014 Corolla.

Styling cues closer embling blobs of playdough. Give me back sharp angles and shit.

>my car costs $3000
>new version of my car costs $30000
>new car loses independent suspension, gains 400lbs, gets same mpgs, and is an entire class bigger

>High beltlines
>Low profile tires on cars that don't need them
>Terrible visibility
>No manual option
>No key-and-heater stripper models

Accord?

Yep.

This x10, don't care about belt lines though

Crown vics aren't bad.
They're just not incredible. They're adequate enough at being a big car to go places in.

>people think thieves can crack proprietary wireless RFID encryption on the car's keyless

the fucking people that steal cars are retards in the hood

>-no pop up headlights
Welcome to 2016, where sealed-beams are outdated and quaint.
>-flappy paddles
Literally nothing wrong with them
>-no manual gearbox
Pic related
>-traction control that cant be 100% turned off
>-traction control that cant be set to default off
Pull a fuse you cunt

found the smart person

>children chariot

probably because either dad is buying the f150 off craigslist or getting cucked by mom into not buying it. either way the dealership isn't making cash to they advertise to mom.

*your result may vary. not all shitboxes have a good dct.

also pulling a fuse doesn't just shut off one thing.
you'd have to actually get into the ecu to remove it if there's no other way.

but any car worth buying has a traction control selector.

Civic ep3?

Unless the automatic transmission ha a sport mode it's pretty fucking slow and depending of the manufacturer and year it's bad even for a daily driver.

All fast cars are made for manlets. I want to enjoy driving but don't want my knees to be the crumple zone.

Electrics are more reliable, there's just more of them tied into the engine.

The bank called user, they are asking about what you are doing with their car that you need to disable the traction control.

>buy a car on the cheap
>buy a project car
>don't owe anyone money
>the right thing to do

There are good DCTs, but in most shitoxes they are shit.

>>buy a car on the cheap
>>buy a project car
>>don't owe anyone money
>>the right thing to do

Get gud at wrenching. Continue throughout life because that will always get you more bang for your buck and what you save buys very nice tools, equipment and even pays you back for building a shop.

Retire with no debt because paid off mortgage early.

Feels great. Would do again, smiling all the way.

>build a shop
sarcasm spotted.

yeah clarify
aside from the plastic intake manifolds and mediocre transmissions and that one air vent leak they have sometimes, what's bad about them? i thought they were solid cars