2+2 coupe

hey Veeky Forums, looking to buy a new car. here are the choices:

>230i 6 spd /w bmw performance lsd $35k
>BR-Z limited /w performance pack $30k

i will modify them so total money spent will be around $40k ($5k mod budget for 230i and $10k mod budget for brz). In California you don't have to smog new cars for 4 years which is why I'm looking at new cars. I'm not too worried about warranty as these engines have been modified reliably for awhile now.

some misc info:

>230i can reach 300whp with tune and e85 (i have stations near me)
>br-z f/i kit I would get would be the jackson racing one

feel free to make suggestions for other new cars

Other urls found in this thread:

burgertuning.com/N20_Jb4.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never have driven either one but i feel like you would have more fun in a brz. People are always about more power but the handling in a brz is supposed to be pretty good.

Honda Civic Si

Is the bmw turbo? I can't be assed to look it up but if it's turbo stock I'd go with that.

A new mustang gt or used m235i
A camaro is good too

BRZ will be cheaper, easier to work on, have a bigger aftermarket, be a lot lot lot lighter, have cheaper parts.

bmw has, uh, a cool badge?

and dont pay a dollar more than 25000 for a new 86/BRZ.

ive you've got any questions about the twins, shoot. I've worked a bit on them by now.

yep it has this engine: burgertuning.com/N20_Jb4.html

>already talking about mods before he has it
$5k resale value in 3 years

>bodykit

bmw is german and will die in a year
brz is pigfat and consistently put down by soccer mom minivans

>brz is pigfat

2680 pounds is pigfat for a 2+2 RWD coupe

you heard it here first

The BMW is a faster car, BRZ is more of a "muh feels" car. More performance but with a numb driving experience vs less performance but with perfect steering/shifting/etc. But if you're modding, the extra budget for the BRZ will lessen the gap.

I think the BRZ will respond a lot better to modding, since it was designed to be modded. The engine bay is open with no clutter and pretty much everything easily accessible.

230i + 5k mods will be slower than a BRZ + 5k mods + 5k of performance driving lessons, tires, fluids, and pads

Just something to think about

No the 230i has the new b48. Which is good since now they have a closed deck

>b48

oh neat

The brz/frs needs to have the motor built to go over 300 hp

Just throw on a twin-screw supercharger instead and save the money.

I don't think it'd need much more than 240 at the wheels to beat a 230i in every way.

keep in mind, the BRZ is over 900 pounds lighter than the bmw.

Yeah and have the whole shit blow the fuck up

>wanting back seats
go for a sedan or just get a 2 seat car.

You could get a used cayman s or 911 for 30-40k

300 isn't nearly enough to blow up your engine on stock internals you fucking knob. Shit, the base WRX uses the same FA20 with a turbo, and makes 270 stock. Think it couldn't handle a 10HP boost?

>You could get a used cayman s or 911 for 30-40k

owned both a 2.7 cayman, driven a boxster s for a while and own a BRZ now.

porsches are more refined, but I never felt like I had the money, time or effort to properly care for them. they are not low maintenance by any stretch. and you'll mostly spend your time being worried and babying them, not really abusing them or having fun in any way. they are not cars you can or would want to work on or modify either.

for the money, the ease of mind and fun, go with something you dont feel bad trashing. porsches are a commitment, and with a cayman S you'll still feel suicidal if a 911 pulls up to you.

my 2 cents either way.

>10hp

*10%

2+2 cars are really just 2 seaters with more storage space

though those back seats are pretty useful in a jam

also
>ims issues

The 230i is like 3300lbs so more like 500lbs