What do you guys think of pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d6XEoNJpz3E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pure sex

sounds absolutely amazing with a ragazzon exhaust

youtube.com/watch?v=d6XEoNJpz3E

absolute sex

I never knew about this amazing engine until I stumbled across the hawk hf3000 today, and it seems like it'd be a badass track car with one of them in it! I want one with race cams, a lightweight flywheel, dry sump, ITBs, and 12:1cr. Do you think I'd get to 350NA HP there? Cause that'd be a wicked fast track beast.

Makes my butthole hot.

Unreliable as fuck and sounds like a Minivan with the exhaust cut off. Italian trash.

What do you think of pic related?

That looks cool, but idk what it is. Link? I'm just Learning about Alfa today.

i like the 4 banger ones

I like the ITBs, and double wishbone shocks.

what do you feel about pic related?

I'm not interested unless it can make over 300hp NA. Four bangers are too weak.

sounds horribly fartcanny.

any better example?

na is over rated
however ITB's do make nice noises

Looks great. I usually don't like carbon, but its done well. Proper stick shift is nice, and I really like the engine start button, like a formula 1 car.

Alfa engines are much sexier than Alfa interiors tbqf

NA throttle response though. I'd take a turbo four in a grand tourer any day if the week, however.

Gorgeous! How big is that motor? I love the cable driven mid engine setup there!

2.5 liter v8 in a Cooper T86C formula one car

That's a lot of engine ahead of the front wheels.

Pure Understeer

not an alfa (busso) v6

nice to see you sharing my picture! :)

Absolutely fantastic engine and cars. Where I live, you can get the 2.5 for pennies on the dollar, they start at $400 and go up to $2500 for pristine examples.
I actually bought two of them as my first car. I bought the second one for spares, because of the italian reliability meme, but so far, it hasn't given me any trouble.
The 3.2's another story though, they cost upwards of $10,000, even for an average condition one.

If I got a 2.5, could I put in the 3.2 sleeves from the 12.5:1 kit? Or would I have to spend big bucks for the 3.2?

I think so, I also thought about it, but you'd have to change the ecu, injectors etc.

Threadly reminder the Brera/159/Spider aren't powered by the Alfa V6, but instead by a heavily revised version of the GM V6 from the Omega B/Caddy Catera

They're actually alright engines, but a bit thirsty

They're gorgeous though. And the unreliability memes aren't entirely true. If you can deal with the cost and effort of owning an E46, you'll be fine in a Brera/159. Like with the BMW, it all depends on how the car was treated by the previous owners.

Right on, man. If you want to buy an Alfa, look for a complete service history. The mechanics on an Alfa last forever if treated right. The bodywork, not so much.

Might sound good if it was under load and not some faggot half baked driveway neutral rev.

Should've been in the 4C, with a manual gearbox of course.

Nice, where can I find more literature on these engines? I wanted to use a megasquirt to get an e85 tune anyways.

The best ressources are in german, like alifisti.net.
The best english site's alfa156.net there you'll find lots of stuff about all kinds of tuning. You may have to use some kind of webcache like the waybackmachine to access some of the now dead links.

I think it's carfection. 3.0 or 3.2 busso was the best petrol engine made by Alfa in the last 20years untill 2.9l of the Giulia Quadrifoglio came. The 1750tbi that equipe like Giulietta QV or the 4c is actually a great engine, but it's not innovative like the Busso was in the 00s or even before, or just like the 2.9l Alfa-Ferrari of the Giulia is being now. The 1750tbi was (and is) thought for Italian market, because here we have an extra tax over 250hp (like 20€ for every kW over 250hp).

> (OP)
>Should've been in the 4C, with a manual gearbox of course.
Yeah but it weights way too much to fit in a car like 4c, thought to be as light as possible. And so does the manual transmission (BTW I'd love a manual 4c maybe with a gated shifter)

I really doubt the second bank of cilinders really adds up to as much weight as the entire turbo setup. Keep in mind that intercooling on a transverse MR setup is a bitch, so they'll probably be adding some weight with the heat exchangers there.

Yes, but Busso was engineered 20 years ago, the TBI is made up nearly at all by aluminium. The 3.2 Busso without transmission weights just above 170kg, the TBI+ transmission 135kg. I red somewhere its weight isn't much more that 100kg

your point?