The Grand Tour

The last episode was halfway decent, save for the fact that they rehashed the script from the third episode. I still think the show has legs, but I'm waiting for the second season so some of the shitty bits can get ironed out. I will say that I think the Grand Tour name was a bit of a mistake because they're going to feel forced to do elaborate shit to justify the name and the fun lower key stuff will get pushed off to the side.

Some ideas I feel are universally shared:
>drop celebrity brain crash
>drop the irritating american driver
>drop the "characters" that are more annoying than the self parody of the later seasons of TG
>Hammond shaves that godawful goatee

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iva6lj8NfUI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Europe entertainment

The American is fine, they just need to slooooooooow their constant shitty jokes on it.

He's a shitty joke down to the basic concept. I hope they can to go back to having a silent driver in season two if the BBC aren't cunts about it.

>waaah the American sux
This is just Europoor obsession with hating America
>inb4 I'm an American, dumbass
I'm sure you are, "John Doe"

The last episode was the best one.

Hell, even the obnoxious fat nascar faggot was gone.

I am an American, if I wanted to hear a fat idiot bitch about cars that aren't American I'd call my cousin. He's not funny and he only exists to be legally distinct from the Stig, stop being a contrarian faggot.

The accident with the Mazda MX5 was NOT scripted by the way.

youtube.com/watch?v=Iva6lj8NfUI

So far episode 5 > 4 > 3 > garbage > 1&2

As a driver, he's fine though, doesn't express any fear, and seems to attack the course.

With the stig deal, they could switch around drivers at will. But with this though, they can't without editing. Adds a bit more validation and makes them source other drivers more when abroad.

Speaking as an American, I think the American is fine. The "he thinks x is communist" joke isnt as funny the 15th time around, but I don't hate it. The driver's commentary itself I find amusing.

>A turbocharger is God's way of telling you it ain't got enough cylinders

>BMW... British Motor Works.

but celebrity braincrash IS obnoxious. either have celebrities on or don't. I get that theyve got money to burn on pointless celebrity cameos, but stopped being funny around the third episode, by which point it should've stopped.

The problem with killing celebrity brain crash is that they can't, this shit was filmed months ago. It will have to be next season.

>A turbocharger is God's way of telling you it ain't got enough cylinders

God isn't real, neither is santa or tooth fairy, nor is turbo the reason for too few cylinders.
It's a less parasitic more torquey, higher power-delivering method compared to a supercharger. It also doesn't sound like a whining kid inside your engine.

I bet you're a real hit at parties.

found the autist

I don't go to "american" parties so yes, I am.

America exists, you don't have to put quotation marks around it

There are no american parties, because I don't live in that 3rd world country.
They are just parties, and why did my comment offend you that much?
How about you sign up for your muh cuntry militawy cowadoody expendable army, and commit "freedom" in some sand nigger dune.

"peace"

Holy fuck, chill with the autism, pal.
When did anyone mention an American party?
You replied earnestly to a line written for the test driver in what is now an American motoring program.
Why are you so angry over nothing?

>Why are you so angry
I am?
>chill with the autism
How can I chill something I don't have? Do you young kids not know any other "insult" than throwing autism retorts left and right?
Original, so original that nobody ever has heard that word ever.

You really are edgy, aren't you?
Everything you don't like, you speak out about.
Do you not realize the line you originally responded to was written by a team of professional writers?
Do you really think anyone cares about your overreaction about turbochargers and theology?
A major sign of autism is not being able to interpret social cues. Nobody gives a fuck about your silly theories about superchargers and America existing under your pushover country.

And here you are, getting triggered.
News flash, you're less than nothing, enjoy your self diagnose of autism, I bet it's something you do daily.
Don't overdose on that "autism".

Oh boy, you sure hurt my "American" sensibilities.
You sure showed me who's boss here.
Go back to your government sponsored TV programm(e)ing and enjoy being an obviously superior being.

>Oh boy, you sure hurt my "American" sensibilities.
Yes, Internet argument won #9001, no sarcasm at all.
>You sure showed me who's boss here.
>Anonymous
>Go back to your government sponsored TV programm(e)ing and enjoy being an obviously superior being.
Thanks, I have been doing that forever, but you should know better than to watch TV, after all, you above anyone else should know how shit US TV is.

I am an American and I don't really like the Test Driver. He makes us look bad.

I would be okay with a new Stig or make a new silent driver concept.

Celebrity brain crash is a waste of time. End it.

fucking top gear

>doesn't sound like a whining kid

I always thought it sounded like a higher pitched robotic or remote controlled limb of a machine moving.

Nobody cares about your opinion, American scum.
Your country is quite obviously worse than even North Korea.
Go eat your pork scratchins and drink some "coke'

>16342461
okay.

Says the dumb American who can't reply to posts.
You really are the scum of the earth, or as I call it, the UK and irrelevant trash

Well maybe not a whining kid, but you get my point.
Some chargers sound good, but most high pitched ones just drown the beautiful Vee-ate burger sound.

>16342515
okay.

@16342530
okay.

Holy fuck you really are worse than other "Americans".
Are you certifiably retarded?

MST3K fans will understand this image and how it fits my opinion on the show.

>16342557
okay

All these years later, and I still can't understand what they were singing.

>>A turbocharger is God's way of telling you it ain't got enough cylinders

gotta admit, that did make me laugh.

>He's a shitty joke down to the basic concept. I hope they can to go back to having a silent driver in season two if the BBC aren't cunts about it.
>The "he thinks x is communist" joke isnt as funny the 15th time around, but I don't hate it.
He's down to like one joke per segment. I think that's fine.

>thank God that Veeky Forums wasn't popular when the May/Clarkson Top Gear released

that shit was so cringey, and they found it necessary to insert 'shifting into Top Gear' into every episode

give the shit a chance, it'll be great when it reaches its stride.

>turbo autist

GT is like the last 5 seasons of TG, aka trash.
not as bad as the new TG but fuck me, am i dissapointed. just take their families hostage, give them 3 shitty cars and film them on their way to free their families.

The American is the single most annoying thing to happen to this show. He's not even fucking funny.

>I get that theyve got money to burn on pointless celebrity cameos

Are you retarded?

The only celebrity to have shown up in it was jimmy carr

I've been enjoying it so far, I wasn't expecting it to start out great since the trio never did the writing themselves
once they figure out that scripting everything is bad and deliberately setting things up so that their natural chemistry drives the scene is what made Top Gear great it'll start getting a lot better

probably why it was the funniest scene in the series so far

>Why are you so angry
>I am?
The teens love to accuse adults with that line "Why are you so angry?". It's the way to put you on the defensive and remove discussion from the topic that they are losing at.

Teens also hate know-it-alls since those kinds of people typically prove the teens wrong. The double whammy is when the know-it-alls are the smart classmates that are obviously going to do well in college. There's a lot of angry jealosy. So the teens can't wait to call you autist, schizophrenic, or some other mental term.

As a last resort, the teen or man child uses the "you're too edgy" ad hominem attack. Again, like the other attacks, they use it when they are unable to disprove the facts. So instead of attacking the facts, they attack the poster instead.

Also often seen is the template attack of "Nobody gives a fuck about your silly theories about ".

why can't they just be themselves? do they think they have to be actors to be entertaining? Hammond is the worst offender.

>16343404
okay

>test driver
Joke would've been alright if it was a multitude of racing drivers from different nations doing their own stereotypes. One guy will just make the joke old very quickly

I wanna see more about used cars, histories of car companies and so on, but the problem is that a lot of it has already been used in Top Gear

One does not simply commit ad hominem while accusing another of committing ad hominem.

>they can't, this shit was filmed months ago
it would be easier than you think, its a short segment and all they need to do is throw a little extra B roll in a film or make use a previously edited bit from conversation street to fill the time.

sad they didn't go with the Belgian and just keep fucking with the subtitles

really they started being parades of themselves in the last few seasons of TG

wonder if BBC is regretting ditching Clarkson yet.

May and Clarkson both had their own shows about the history of car companies and these were the perfect.

I laughed a few times last episode and I believe that the car scale thing collapsing wasn't actually staged and neither was the cowsex. But Hammond acting like a retard and May and Clarkson giggling because of it is pretty annoying.

>already been used in Top Gear

exactly. and for those of you who haven't been following the politics behind this transition, the staff of TGT cannot use many different aspects of TGUK because of copyright laws. Even stuff like calling Hammond 'Hamster' is walking along a thin line of litigation.

So it's gonna be a while before they can find a new methodology that appeals to their viewers AND doesn't infringe on any of the proprietary aspects of TGUK