So 5 year payments on a Focus RS go about $700 a month or so @ 5% interest

So 5 year payments on a Focus RS go about $700 a month or so @ 5% interest

who the fuck would buy one of these?

Someone who isn't poor.

>who the fuck would buy one of these?

A young Asian IT guy. Same people who buy Evo's and STI's.

>I want a high-performance car that is very practical so I can drive it daily
>Evo is too slow and dated
>STI is too slow and cheap
>Golf R is too slow and boring

Someone who can afford a $700 a month car payment and wants to drive a Focus RS

>and i have no ability to build my own sti/evo/spec b

>buy STI for 35k
>spend 10k on mods to make it as fast as a Focus RS

or

>buy Focus RS for 45k
>don't mod it
>can keep up with most riced up Evos and WRX's
>keep warranty

Someone who comes forth with a sizable down payment, so as not to be locked into $700/mo like a retard.

Cant keep up with shit when the rear diff over heats and the tranny explodes

>Evo too slow
lmao what

someone who can put down at least 10k?

Heaviest and least powerful of the bunch, with the oldest chassis and worst interior. Responds to mods well at least.

Evo 8/9's are faster, but good luck finding an unmolested one in good condition

I parked beside one of these things today without knowing what it was. Looked it up later.

>2.0L making 381HP

Geez, I thought the RS was high strung. Are these good?

The only real downsides are it's transmission and the fact that it looks like garbage.

God my friend bought a base model 2013 Lancer when they were new and the road noise is fucking horrendous. I felt like I was yelling from the back seat just to have him say "WHAT?"

anyone who can only lock in at 5% interest and isn't putting up a down payment isn't going to be buying a Focus RS you dolt

>rear diff overheats
nice meme
the only overheating issue was when they completely and utterly ragged the fuck out of the vehicle in a track environment, something it will never see in a daily or even track duty car without the driver purposefully aiming for that goal
and even then ford fixed it.

>tranny explodes
yeah that doesn't happen though.

>45k
where are you that it costs this much
I can walk into a dealer and nab a packaged one for under 40k

anything that is modern and turbocharged from mercedes is a gud engine

>defending a $50k focus
Wew
Its a fucked over rebuilt mazda.
No one wants mazdas scraps from over a decade ago after its been in the hands of ford """""""""engineers"""""""""

>the only overheating issue was when they completely and utterly ragged the fuck out of the vehicle in a track environment, something it will never see in a daily or even track duty car without the driver purposefully aiming for that goal
>and even then ford fixed it.

So exactly the same as a Corvette?

>hand built in german factory
>rebuilt mazda scrap parts

yeah you might want to retry your angle here kiddo you aint trolling shit

I thought everyone in america and here on /o makes SIX FIGURES

Its a volvo chassis and mzr engine you dolt.
Its just re-engineered old mazda stuff in a old as fuck volvo chassis.
Ford is cheap as fuck. Do you think they they would actually design anything themselves?
Thats fords whole gimmick.
>pay other people to design stuff
>build it a cheap as possible
>slap a ford badge on it
Ford recipe for shit cars

>Literally the best hot hatch money can buy on the market right now until the Civic Type R drops
>Shilling for the pigfat STI and irrelevant EVO

wow you guys are faggots

>best hot hatch for the money
>$50,000
>for decades old mazda stuff
May as well buy a speed3 for 10k.
Or 5 of them...

>Subaru STI
>3400lbs
>305hp from a 2.5L

>Focus RS
>same weight despite being hatch
>350hp from 2.3L

Why did Subaru give up?

>implying Subaru isnt using decade old engine formats

Oy Vei

Who said it wasnt?
Buy an old sti for 15k.
At least the AWD works correctly

Thats literally what im paying for mine

got it yesterday

C1 chassis is designed and engineered by ford, used by volvo, not the other way around.

As far as it being a mazda engine you're completely wrong. It has design similarities so the mazda series L engine, but the displacement is all it really shares.
It's cast and machined completely differently by cosworth and none of the internal parts could ever be swapped over.
Not the same engine.

>$50,000
>MSRP is $36,6xx
stop parroting random numbers and actually educate yourself

>$50,000 CAD

>CAD
>implying anything but USD is relevant here

Volvo designed the chassis in collaboration with mazda for rigidity and weight savings idiot. Everyone knows that.
The engine is derived from MAZDA tech based on the mzr.
You can twist words up all you want. Its a $50k 10 year old mazda that was built as cheaply as possible for maximum profit from anyone stupid enough to buy it.

No U

5% apr lol
someone who can't manage their money

A broken down evo 10 would still wipe the floor with this

This car is for amerifuck fanboys in denial

people that can't afford real sportscars but can't accept that fact.

>5% interest on a new car loan

Someone has shit credit

I got 3.99% and I was unemployed when I applied for the loan. Lol

you know it's been the better part of a Decade since Ford and Mazda worked together, right?

>and even then ford fixed it.
nope

You know ford STILL uses decade old mazda stuff right?

It just werks

sure, the n/a DOHC 3.5L is Mazda-based but nothing in the RS is, there are absolutely no credible sources that state the 2.3L shares anything other than the displacement with the MZR

>buy evo for 15k
>30k to build literal beast
Meh

This is the only relevant post in literally this entire thread. Also likely the only one made by someone over the age of 20.

RIP Veeky Forums

>evo for 15k

are you dumb?

>5% APR
>Getting a 75 month loan on a fucking car

You literally could not be more backwards incorrect, but joint anyone tells you will change that and you'll keep spouting nonsense.

That's alright though, the people who know better will likely just point it out to you, then ignore you once you start rambling again.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

He made it as expensive as possible for a reason.

How much did you get paid for typing that lie?

Someone that can find one for sale. I'd have to go two states away just find a new one and my local ford dealer told me they can't even order them. If you find one new you're going to be paying at least 10k over msrp from what I've heard because supply is so limited. I gave up trying to find one and just bought a new wrx.

17k isnt far off from his 15k guess

Retard.

Man, that is sweet senpai. Exactly the color I want. Have fun m8.

Why would anybody pay $700 dollars a month for a car?

Oh right because we are a free society that lets multinational corporations sell their shit at dramatically higher markups than it costs them to actually produce them. But what are we going to do, turn to communism?

I don't think so.

lancer EVOlution is the evo, not the base model.

base model is 148 hp, evolution base model is 291 hp.

35k is significantly bigger than 15k buddy.

paying all that money for one and you have a poverty camera.

disgusting.

>5 year payments

Dude just buy the car

>not having a down payment
your choice if you want to fuck yourself

Communism is worse because instead of some people working hard to afford a luxury like the RS no one will be able to afford anything and we'll all die of starvation

>700 bucks a month
I know that figure is with no money down and a somewhat high interest rate but it sounds absolutely terrible for what your getting. For example I pay 650 a month for a 2015 gtr black edition on a 4 year term.

with a 100k down payment, sure

My 15 stang payments are $470/month for 5 years

Focus RS is an awful choice, especially for that

Lease?

The Mazda 3 and Volvo S40/C30 were based on the 2nd gen Focus platform. Ya dummy.

You would need to put at least $70k down for that kind of payment on a gtr

>a month
>buy
Someone not dumb enough to finance would buy it, some dumb enough to finance is just renting until the last payment.

Frosty? new car but same shitty camera?

Nope I put 10k down and payed the taxes separately. I just got creative with the financing and use a company that offered a balloon payment system. My monthly payments stay the same till the last payment then the last payment I pay off the remaining balance. In my case I bought the car used for 77k, financed 67 and payoff at the end of the 4 years is 40k. I already had a pretty good down payment of 40k saved up so I was able to take that remaining 30k and invest it in a low growth but stable IRA. So far my investment has already reached the 40k payoff in just 1 year.

If I decide I don't want the car i can trade it in or sell it with no penalties just like any normal financed car. The only trick with doing finance this way is you have to understand the depression curve of the car very well so you don't get underwater and you have enough extra money's to add to the investment account to make the final payment. Currently I only owe about 61k on a car that's still worth about 74k so I'm well into the black with debt to worth ratio.

>50k for a FWD Focus
Kill you are self

5% interest rate.

You shouldn't be buying a car with that trash credit.

>credit score 804, ranked with "A" class credit in my bank
>Subaru offering BRZ at 5%
>ask if I could go lower
>said they can't go lower

The interest rate automakers put on their website is usually the lowest they offer, regardless of your credit.

Why would you lie about this when its so easy to look up?

>810
>1.9% through Credit Union

5% is low for a car you teenager.

/hou/ br/o/?

3.9%APR OAC finance with Fordfinance for 36 months apr

>5% APR
>On a car

kek.

Fuck you dickface you too cheap to pay Ford? What a poorfag holy fuck get a job

No, it's definitely not. You can get 0.9% if you have great credit, which you should if you're buying a $40k toy, and plenty of dealerships will do 0% financing deals if you're not a rere NEET.

Its almost as if all you idiots dont understand how DEALER financing works

you put no money down?

What kind of offers does Ford have right now? I'm looking at a 0.4% APR OAC with special finance leasing options available, can you help me?

It sounds like you guys have shit credit and can't get a rate below 3%

Yeah dude, 0 down 84 month finance with 12% special APR offers now until December 31st. Check your local Ford store for details. Hurry in these cars won't last long.

>84 months
>12 %
christ

I'll take the Civic Type-R instead, at least it'll be worth more than the Focus RS 10 years from now.

I mean 1.2% on the special offer. Hurry in!

No its fucking not, thats an awful rate

APR meaning APRIL MAY AND JUNE lel

why would you put no money down? the payment is huge and the percentage on top of that makes it even worse

at least put down 10%

This kind of well thought out reasoning does not belong on Veeky Forums.

The correct answer is a McDonalds fry cook that doesn't have a bankruptcy, and has a co-signer, and will pay $500/mo for 240 months.

WHY ARE YOU NOT HURRYING IN TO YOUR FORD STORE YOU FAGGOT ASS BITCH

>ITT a bunch of busriders with debt out the ass from college, poor credit from poor money handling with their credit cards and think anything above 3% is a good rate

because I got 2.1% at literally any other dealership for their sporty hatchback

>their sporty hatchback
WHOS SPORTY HATCHBACK YOU DICKSPITTLE ANSWER THE QUESTION APR FINANCINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

People that have good credit and aren't poor?
$600 a month is nothing for someone who makes 5k+ a month.

>Wtf ford why can't I afford a ""sports"" car working at macdonalds government pls help raise minum wage to 50k a year

>7%
>good credit