Defend this stancefaggots

youtube.com/watch?v=Ec4tI5-DRSo

>Hockey Pucks for engine mounts
>no front sway bars
>Subframe rusted and not even connected
>everythings broken

there are different tiers of stancefags

there are poorfags like the previous owner of that miata

then there are stancefags with money that do it with expensive suspension.

both look equally stupid imo but obv the one with the expensive suspension will hold up.

I don't think anyone on Veeky Forums actually owns/likes stanced cars other than the occasional underage dweller that will post pics of stancefaggot cars.

its pointless to bitch about something that doesnt affect you t b h. Its a waste of time.

>its pointless to bitch about something that doesnt affect you t b h. Its a waste of time.
it has been proved time and time again stancefags are fucking dangerous to other cars on the road

lmao the butthurt continues

>it has been proved time and time again stancefags are fucking dangerous to other cars on the road
A small percentage of "stanced" cars might be dangerous. "Stanced" cars make up a tiny percentage of cars on the road. Meanwhile, there are tens of millions of cars with fucked ball joints, fucked brakes, fucked tires, fucked shocks, fucked steering, rusting apart, exhausts leaking into the cabin, bent frames, fucked alignments, etc that are all more dangerous than a car being low.

>small percentage of stanced cars are dangerous
What alternate reality do you live in?

Stock, dropped, and flush are the only okay options

that looks photoshopped

so it's not even a stancefag

Can someone explain the difference between bagged, stanced, and slammed to me?

wat bagged and slammed are both stance

bagged just means its on air bags and slammed is static

I really hope it's a shoop

You have this idea if you keep your car in a flat area and also have no lots with inclines so it's doable as a DD. Moment you get out of this area or go to the one part of town with hills, you will be whisked out of your alternate reality, back to this one.

Other reason why stance is considered dangerous is because they will scrape the roads and you may get pulled over for this. Also, when you camber your wheels like this, you aren't touching the ground except for a tiny little inch or so and have no grip.

Insurance companies are on Veeky Forums's side as well, if you stance, you might as well not have insurance because they'll find out it was stanced and refuse coverage.

we've been over this countless times - stance is for losers who can't race, track, or anything and have given up. most stance shits don't even care about cars, they just picked this because it gives them attention.

have one thats not shopped

No, I live in a reality where 99% of stanced cars are dangerous, not a small percentage

>You have this idea if you keep your car in a flat area and also have no lots with inclines so it's doable as a DD. Moment you get out of this area or go to the one part of town with hills, you will be whisked out of your alternate reality, back to this one.
I live in the mountains. No problems.

>Other reason why stance is considered dangerous is because they will scrape the roads and you may get pulled over for this
???

>you aren't touching the ground except for a tiny little inch or so and have no grip.
Yeah, must be why motorcycles are so dangerous and all the clueless idiots driving around on tires worn down to the belts are so safe.

>you might as well not have insurance because they'll find out it was stanced and refuse coverage.
Whatever you say pal.

>losers
Sick projection.

Your post sounds like you own a stanced car. Pics?

such a fitting plate

>tfw i genuinely like stanced cars and see them as a form of artistic expression

Why does this bother people so much?

No one gives a shit how low your car is it's been done forever and speed bumps don't kill anything but your undercarriage. It isn't superfluous everyone knows damn well what they're referring to when they say "stance is fucking retarded"

What triggers me most about cars like in your pic, is that they are a decent set of tires and an alignment away from being fast cars. But instead of having a car that is fast and useable, they slam it until fender hits tire and ruin a good car.

Cause its a culture that celebrates how badly can objectively make a car worse.

Most are autists that think all cars need to go fast or else you're doing it wrong

Personally, I don't like stance because it is fake. Showcars can be cool, but most stance cars arnt worthy as showcars. My sister does vape, and there is a lancer that's stanced with a vinyl hood, roof rack, and stickers. The driver is a complete loser and only uses the car to get attention. It's not about the car, it's about him, and that's the problem shared among stancefags.

Because just like all other hipsters the pattern goes like this:

>X is the best! much better than all the other shit out there, plebs!
>other people post proof, logic, reasoning, etc
>X is art and also I like it and you can't tell me not to like X

you make the thread, the burden of showing us why it's better is on you. But you can't, so you should fuck off. But you won't fuck off.

Stancefags are a notable fantastic example of this because the thread goes from start to cop-out very very quickly, almost absurdly quickly. They also just disregard everything with the most extreme non-responses like up here

Insurance companies will not cover you if they find out you have modded your car like this. If a stancer is in an accident they hope and pray the claim is just paid and nobody asks.

you can also throw the idea out there that you're pretending to be retarded and trolling us for a while but these people ruin their car, both in terms of money and being able to do anything with it, you can't do anything the car was made to do, it's a really hard sell.

These threads go up and down from "stance is cool yo, u look siiiikkk" to "fuk u I do wut I want" in about 6 posts as you steer viciously clear of any quantifiable way to enjoy your car like quarter mile, lap track time, or literally anything else.

more like autistic expression

It doesn't, plenty of tacky ass motor vehicle cultures out there I have no problem ignoring just like yours. It's all just pictures, after all.

all i can say is thank fuck this shit is banned in my country and readily enforced unless you have it done properly.

I love seeing these defected shit mobiles on gumtree.

Somtimes cunts do it properly and still get defected but fuck em its a stupid fucking culture that i hope dies out

I mean I'm not the OP of the thread, I was just stating my opinion.

But please consider that not everyone cares about MUH PERFORMANCE or Hurrdurring lap times. You can be an auto enthusiast without having a burning desire to win every stoplight race and go downhill on the toogay faster.

Overall I think this thread is just a massive bait and the reason you think it turns into a cop-out fest is because you're arguing against people's opinions which is beyond stupid to me. They have no reason to defend why they think something looks better than another thing.

I have no idea how it makes so many people so upset. Maybe that's another reason people do it. I don't think I've ever seen people get so upset so quickly about a decision someone else makes that doesn't affect them in any way at all.

It's still fast. It's also bagged, so it's plenty useful.

>any quantifiable way to enjoy your car like quarter mile, lap track time, or literally anything else.
By that standard, you can't like something like an S63/65, G63/65, SRT8 Jeep, or any other fast car with more than two doors. They'll never be the best in any quantitative way, so why try? You enjoy it? What a faggot reason to do anything.

>It's also bagged
Even worse, desu.

the "flush" in that pic has way too much poke

He ruined the car.

If you don't want performance than why would you buy a GTR? Are you dumb?

Because you're a chink studying at an american university probably

Than stance a c class?

it affects me when camberfags crash and lowfags have to pause for five minutes because they're not sure how to approach that speed bump

>implying neckbeards actually leave their mom's basement often enough for this to happen more than once a year

>speed bumps
>parking lots

yeah because your city likes to insert random speed bumps on public roads

Yours doesn't?

No, I don't live in commie fuck safety ranger helicopter momville

The problem with stancefags is it's a gateway for the law to crack down on "low cars" which could mean basically anything. or "camber" which could mean anything. or implement inspections.

remember no one was crushing cars or checking under the hoods to make sure they had the right engine until FnF ricers started smashing themselves into trees.

12" wide wheel, 8" wide tire, 4" contact patch.

seems reasonable, stretched ears, stretched tires, stretched buttholes causing rectal discomfort.

>remember no one was crushing cars or checking under the hoods to make sure they had the right engine until FnF ricers started smashing themselves into trees.
Are you retarded? You know that lowriders went to hydraulics not to hop, but to avoid getting busted for being too low, right?

I don't care about tickets.
I care about retarded laws and inspections.

You can't have fix it tickets without retarded laws or inspections though. What are you trying to say?

I don't think they gave fixit tickets back then

I'm sure this Nice Police Officer had his ticket book out just for fun

Even if performance isn't a metric, the car is ruined.
Ride Quality: Oregon Trail
Turning Circle: Titanic
N.V.H: Floor sander
Stability: Corvair
Utility: Cool Tools
Clearance: Slot car
Parking: Lincoln Logs
Security: Kick me sign
Cop Bait: Electro magnet
Scene: Vape competition

a ticket and a fixit ticket or state ref are not the same thing

Do you think local sheriffs and deputies distinguished between legal formalities like that shit in the mid to late 40's? Weren't no sovereign citizens making a stand on youtube back then.

How did we go from the Model T to this fucking thing

I don't know what you're asking, but I'm telling you there's a big difference between getting a ticket (like a speeding ticket) which is probably what they were back then.

As opposed to getting your registration revoked until you fix your car and get it approved. Or aren't allowed to get registered at all based on a bunch of stupid criteria. Dealing with emissions is already gay enough I don't want to have to change my suspension every 2 years too just because some monster drinking vlogger wants to hard park and instagram flex.

i like how everyone itt speaks as if they are experts of daily driving a stanced car
shit like op is very very small minority. 99% of lowered cars with flush fitment drive perfectly fine on 1st world roads. gtfo outta here with your made up every road has potholes the size of your gaping anus bullshit

what the actual fuck are you crying about?

>X is the best! much better than all the other shit out there, plebs!
no one said this. no one said anything remotely like this.

>you make the thread, the burden of showing us why it's better is on you
no.. some mad user made a thread talking shit about what other people choose to do with their personal property. srsly what are you talking about

>stance is for losers who can't race, track, or anything and have given up
show us your track car then.. or are you just projecting your situation onto those who are in a position to do whatever they want with their car?
pathetic..

back in the 60s and 70s in many states already had stupid ass laws regarding ride height and wheel/tire fitment
for example bumper no less than 7" from ground and the top of the tire must not sit inside the wheel well... stop with your slippery slope fallacy

>there's a big difference between getting a ticket (like a speeding ticket) which is probably what they were back then.
The point is that local cops in that time period could do whatever the fuck they wanted. By the time you could write your governor, representative, or senator the sheriff had already impounded, crushed, or blacklisted your shit. There was no whining on youtube or putting together a gofundme to get your garbage out of impound.

>slippery slope fallacy
Idiot..

cool fantasy land

>cool fantasy land
Shit, didn't realize you were alive back then to give an accurate picture of how shit was. Or 20-30 years later when guys were going to hydraulics to avoid being targeting by police for being hispanic/having low cars.

>Idiot..
ad hominem fallacy

What you're talking about has absolutely nothing to do with what I'm talking about. And in fact you're basically agreeing with me, and even given me an example where a trend has turned into legislation. So thanks.

It's not a slippery slope fallacy. Legislation is a logical step not an illogical one. One with recent examples, even. And not so recent examples thanks to our chicano friend in this thread.

>Legislation is a logical step
Except its not. Nobody gives a shit about deuces that scrape frame, nobody gives a shit about taildraggers dragging the rear bumper, nobody gives a shit about lead sleds dropping onto scrape blocks, nobody gives a shit about lowriders threewheeling or hopping or dragging. None of them are anything more than temporary trends that fade into obscurity, and modern "stance" is less dangerous than any of those. Nobody these days gets killed by a car because it's low. It's the same shit that gun-grabbers try to pull, trying to say that accidents happen because of equipment instead of irresponsibility.

No one cared about lowriders yet they were forced to invent hydros because someone cared.

really made me think. username ignored.

And no this is the exact opposite of gun grabbing.

this is like me telling gang members to stop killing eachother over crack because i'd really like to keep my legal firearms.

le false equivalence fallacy xddd

Sorry, you seem to have confused the state with knowledgeable people. See, knowledgable people didn't care. Enough idiots did, so the state did.

>this is like me telling gang members to stop killing eachother over crack because i'd really like to keep my legal firearms.
No, this is like people saying barrel shrouds and shoulder things that go up should be banned, because they think those things are dangerous but don't actually matter at all.

Yeah.. and normies think stance is dangerous. I don't. I don't give a shit one way or the other. I just don't want their idiocy spilling over into more vague legislation.

like how you can't have 30rd mags anymore because some retarded normie thinks they are dangerous.

>Yeah.. and normies think stance is dangerous. I don't. I don't give a shit one way or the other. I just don't want their idiocy spilling over into more vague legislation.
I think we fundamentally agree with some weird semantic disagreement.

Stancefags aren't doing anything illegal. Some people think what they're doing should be illegal. Any sort of anti-stance legislation wouldn't be effective against "stance" and would end up penalizing a lot of people who aren't "stancefags."

You may see some video of some yee yee nephson with a slidefire stock doing dumb shit and you don't like it, but that doesn't mean it should be illegal.

When enough of the "right people" don't like something, it ends up illegal under safety reasons. Look at marijuana, NFA restrictions, or ride height laws in certain periods. None of it has made us safer, just more restricted.

"Stanced" cars are dangerous in the same way that having a gun in your home increases your likelihood of being shot.

But dude
It looks so, like... sick!

>Flush
>isn't flush at all
>pokes half an inch
>ruins the suspension travel like a slammed car and doesn't even look radical

To be honest I think stanced cars look pretty neato and don't really understand what everyone is getting all mad about.

I am guessing most of you faggots don't even know how it started but "stancing" a car or adding camber is a legitimate modification to improve handling in certain scenarios. Of course some guys took it too far to create the CAMB3RGANG lifestyle

its like the same image reposted with different names

how could i even talk to a person who doesnt even realize this

lol plenty of these phil/o/s get triggered by simply low cars

anything to cry about them being "ruined" because they have to find a way to rationalize their hatred

It does matter because someone took a perfectly good miata. An excellent sports car that will become a classic of our era.
And completely ruined it for the sole fact of putting it close to the asphalt as possible.
A fact that has no advantage to the function or comfort of driving the vehicle.