Itt quick mods you do to your car the minute you get it home

itt quick mods you do to your car the minute you get it home

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoys.com/dled200
bestbuy.com/site/bissell-spotclean-proheat-handheld-deep-cleaner-black-motley-blue/7902992.p?skuId=7902992
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

black ice the fuck out of it

clean it, dash mat, seat covers, floor covers and take off any bolt on modifications that i think is shit

Subtle tint for privacy and interior protection

plasti dip and instantly add 50 hp

Rub my cum into the carpets

Take out the awful shit cd that the owner left in, along with some of his trash that ended up in impossible places. Also I like things as original as possible so I first fix anything that is even slightly broken. In one case that was a broken fan speed resistance, some dashboars lighting, a panel with a hole in it and some other small things. Though, yesterday I learned one of the previous owners attached the rear plate with some screws fucked right through the metal body. No plugs or whatever, just metal on metal.

Yes my car is a shitbox but it's my shitbox.

Stereo mods.
Usually a new head unit. Some times speakers.
And stickers if I have them
>still waiting for delivery

And I need to do this, I always forget to pic some up when I go to a parts store.
It may be a meme, but I do love the smell of black ice.

>tfw my buddy in hs always had fresh black ice in his Cherokee
>died in a car crash
>his cunt whore gf drive his jeep into a tree about a mile up the road from her house 9 days after his 18th bday
>always have to have fresh black ice for my car

Isn't debadge offered in murica? In Europe you can have any car without badges, you just have to ask when you order.

I think he's mostly talking used cars. Plus, in the US you often buy cars right of the lot instead of ordering them to the exact specification you want.

>dash mat

Why?

I might pull the trigger on this one for my saturn ion since my dash is pretty ugly anyway but what would be the point of the mat? Less visible plastic>

And Americans say cars are cheaper for them :')

How is that related? Also I think cars actually are a bit cheaper over there

Well, yeah, because they're just sat on a lot. If you're paying as much in Europe for a car off the lot as for a special order, you're an idiot.

Protects the dash.

Cool, retard.

And getting $500 off the MSRP doesn't negate the $10k more it cost initially.

>upset he gets euro sloppy seconds and the cars that were too ugly for the last soccer mom

From what? Whenever I imagine dash mats I can see some girl with her feet resting on it.

usually the sun, but I could see why you'd want to protect it from nasty skank's feet too

Retro fit heated seats by putting heating elements under the upholstery. Ebay kits are lile $50. So comfy in winter and with the heating on high warm enough to drive my boxster around with the top down in winter.

Silver tinted indicator bulbs because easy and look heaps better than ugly yellow ones.

Parrot Mki9100 bluetooth kit for the usb musics and decent phone hands free. Oem look because oem headunit but usb/aux/bt input. Plus their dual mic actually cancels out the wind noise when the top is down in thr convertible.

Led light strip under the doors ala puddle light style to keep the lady from putting her footsies into puddles in the dark, also aesthetics.

Litterally done those four mods on my last three cars.

>wrecked car about two years ago
>woke up in pain all busted up
>first thing I smell was the air freshener that was hanging from my passenger side seatbelt mount on the b pillar
>i smell it rather strongly because that passenger b pillar is now resting against the side of the driver seat

Can't stand the stuff anymore

Not a goddamned thing.

>Led light strip under the doors ala puddle light style to keep the lady from putting her footsies into puddles in the dark, also aesthetics.

Interested in this one desu, info on a kit?

No kit. Just get a 12v led strip attack it to the bottom of your door (there is almost always enough clearance) and wire it up to the interior dome light power. Getting the wires through the rubber wiring harness boot in the door hindge is a bit of a struggle but the trick is to use a coat hanger.

I have this, but then again I overdo everything so it's tacky.

Thats actually breddy gud

fugg... coulda used this on my new car.

Bought a 2017 Camry SE (yes, i am that cuck that buys "sport" trims of family sedans) when I coulda bought any much faster car used because my family has a rule to never buy used cars )and never finance anything), and first thing my lady does it step into a pile of HORSE SHIT and track it onto my car mats.

Scrubbed the shit out of it with pet carpet odor cleaner and my new car still smells like shit.

oh and i only had to buy this car cuz i totalled my previous Sexy Lexy ES350

JUST FUCK MY LIFE UP BRO

i only own debadged cars

it makes it harder for the cops to identify your car

>because my family has a rule to never buy used cars

youre a cuck for listening to your family.

>Silver tinted indicator bulbs because easy and look heaps better than ugly yellow ones.
could you show an example?

flashing 3rd brake light for the tailgating autismos

I've noticed that a lot of people remove the badge from their modified Lancer X so people don't notice that it isn't an Evo.

>doing tint yourself
>thinking you're important enough to warrant more privacy
>thinking anyone will care about you picking your nose at the red light
>thinking your car in public is an adequate space for sperging over privacy to begin with
>sacrificing peripheral visibility and therefore driving safety for said autism

real question do people just buy brz's for the looks and the go cart handling, and take the heat that it has the power out put of a mini van?

sorry you feel that way.

Power is overrated unless you're a hormone controlled cuntbag highschooler who only cares about highway pulls to impress hormone controlled vaginas.

>my family has a rule to never buy used cars

get a load of this guy

Usually debadge for aesthetics, fix anything that's broke. LED cluster bulbs for side lights, indicators, rear/brake lights etc are also a nice aesthetic touch.

>Power is overrated unless you're a hormone controlled cuntbag highschooler who only cares about highway pulls to impress hormone controlled vaginas.

>mfw

I don't see anything wrong with tinting the rear window. People with lifted trucks will often not get their headlights realigned and blind people.

First of all I agree about rear windows, they're not necessary for car operation, otherwise box trucks and semi trucks would be illegal.

However I talked about front side windows (and in some particularly moronic cases even the windshield), also headlight glare from behind at night is what the anti-glare position of your mirror is for.

in reality I'd just wire a new car up for my subwoofer. and wheel spacers are nice, depending on the car.

>headers, glasspacks, turndowns
>aluminum heads
>fix rats nest of wiring
I buy cheap old cars and trucks

Mouse delete.

>euro sloppy seconds
Nigger you must be joking. It's not like they don't sell in Europe so they send them to America

Do you get the puddle lights with the brand of the car you get? I like those

Remove any dealer stickers or anything that isnt the make and model on the car. Only time I've saved these are on old cars when the lots don't exist anymore. Other quick mods I do soon after getting the car are stereo related or to fixing issues the car had when it was bought.

LS swap

Get a steel dashboard, it's how our founding fathers would have wanted it.

>Hula girl
faggot.

Christ is that even a steel steering wheel

Not the same person, but it's something like this. They still show the same amber color when in use but it gets rid of the yellow bulb look inside the housing so that it matches better. I guess it's for super OCD people.

Brand new battery right away. So I'm not one of those fucking idiots always needing a boost.

>wants privacy
>drives the flashiest, riced out, look at me car possible.

Fuck off landwhale.

Why must you faglords ruin a tasteful car by plastering it with ugly stickers?

>what would be the point of the mat?
In hot sunny states such as arizona, it protects the dash from cracking.

B/c most people on here are either autistic or were never paid attention as a kid

an 86 is anything but tasteful

its made to be fucked with

>Led light strip under the doors ala puddle light style
>Do you get the puddle lights with the brand of the car you get?

Car Toys sells that. It projects the logo on the ground too.

cartoys.com/dled200

Accele DLED200
LED Puddle Light Kit with Vehicle Logos

Details
Cost: $40
Unit includes: Two LED Projectors, Hole Saw, Projector logos, and Instruction manual

Add puddle lights to any vehicle and have the logo of your vehicle show on the ground! Puddle lights are small LED lights that mount under the rear view mirror so that you can see the ground when you get in and out of your vehicle. The DLED200 takes this a step further by projecting the logo of your vehicle manufacturer. The system includes all major vehicle manufacturers and adds style to your vehicle.

Features:
Add custom puddle lights to any vehicle!

Simply mount them underneath the exterior rear view mirrors. Projects vehicle manufacturer's logo on to the ground and illuminates the entrance of your vehicle.

Easy installation, connect to vehicle interior lights so that they illuminate when vehicle is disarmed or unlocked. Super bright single LED in compact, discreet and easy to mount housing.

Includes hole saw for easy drilling
Simple two wire connection
LED specifications:
Power Input: 12V
Rated Power: 7W
Working Temperature: -40 degrees ~ 60
Working Time: 20,000 Hours

Included Logos:
Acura
Audi
BMW
Buick
Cadillac
Chevrolet
Dodge
Ford
Fiat
GMC
Harley Davidson
Honda
Hyundai
Infiniti
Kia
Land Rover
Lexus
Mazda
Mercedes Benz
Mercury
Nissan
Porsche
Scion
Subaru
Toyota
Volkswagen

Additional Info:
SKU DLED200
Name Accele DLED200 LED Puddle Light Kit with Vehicle Logos
Manufacturer No
upc 736836544813
Manufacturer's Warranty 1 Year Manufacture's Warranty
Manufacture's Warranty 2 N/A
Manufacturer Sku DLED200

>Scrubbed the shit out of it with pet carpet odor cleaner and my new car still smells like shit.
Get a spot cleaning machine. It's very much like a portable rug or upholstery cleaning machine. What it does is spray the liquid and then immediately suck up that liquid. That REMOVES the residue instead of smearing it around. Scrubbing only drives the poo deeper into the carpet and eventually onto the backside of the carpet where it really is hard to get out.

Bissel is what I used. I bought my ugly rectangular one at Costco back in the 1990's and it still works great. They are roundish and cheaper made now and available at wal-mart retail stores in that vacuum cleaner and rug cleaner section. The prices for the various brands are fairly good as they are all under $100. There are $79 and $59 ones there. Have not checked Target.

Your alternative is to use a wet/dry vac. You would spray a stream from a bottle and immediately vacuum up with the straight round wand (no brush scrubber). The agitation from the edges of the round nozzle will be enough as the soapy solution will yank it out. Pretreat with alcohol first to denaturize the protein bonds the bacteria made. Soap is not as good at doing that. If you don't have alcohol, then lysol works. Before using the wet/dry vac, empty it out first (no debris inside). That way, you can simply rinse it out with a hose in the driveway after cleaning. Easy, fast, and lazy is the Alderamin Way.

>Clean outside with car cleaner, water, and microfiber mitts
>Clean inside of car with Shop Vac, then steam clean the carpets and wipe the interior with detailing wipes
>Black Ice dat shit
>take off any stupid badges
>seat covers and floor mats

After that I usually get into fluids and filters, dank anime stickies, and repairs as needed.

Also, anyone looking for a good spot cleaner, I've been using this one and I like it a lot.

bestbuy.com/site/bissell-spotclean-proheat-handheld-deep-cleaner-black-motley-blue/7902992.p?skuId=7902992

Drug dealer?

If I was, I wouldn't drive such a shitbox.

>adjust seat and mirrors
>drive the piss out of it

Debadge everything except for the main emblems front and rear (for symmetry). Remove all stickers from windows like the one in pic.

>poor industrial paint stripper on car

Boom stainless steel ride

First thing is a detail and oil change with synthetic

Following "mods" come soon after purchase
(depending on condition, obviously I won't replace something if it's new)

Good tires
Shocks/Struts
Brakes

pic related is my new daily I picked up a few days ago.
did everything above except brakes (they're practically new) and shocks/struts (they're in good shape)

>holesaw

>remove any dealership/previous owner stickers
>tint it if it has none

>steel wheel

You're my hero

The worst thing is those faggots adding Evo badges to stock lancers.

Hey, a minivan with a V8 can be breddy gud in power.

Only correct answer

A stock supra makes the same power as a minivan or crossover. Doesn't necessarily make it a bad car. Minivans do 0-60 in around 7 so they're not exactly slow for what they are.

Apply new livery

ferrari v12 swap

Why on earth would you buy a Camry instead of a mazda6 or an Accord Sport? Did you do any research at all?

>Change all yellow lights to white LEDs because yellow bulbs are ugly
>Proper wash with microfiber mitt, claybar then wax/polish (overall detail to make it look better than factory)
>Fix interior if it has scratches, damage, paint chips, etc.
>Add tint for interior protection/heat reduction so the car feels colder
>Replace common problems with aftermarket solutions

I like to keep the dealer stickers because the dealer where I live gives me discounts for keeping their crap on.

A grand caravan makes 280 or around there

>steam clean the carpets
no steam clean the seats, right?

Is it wrong that when I read about the heated seat elements, I imagined you stuffing a hotplate into a gash in the fabric, and powering it with an inverter plugged into your cigarette lighter?

Whats the best way to remove dealer badges without making a huge mess/killing your paint?

Hair dryer and dental floss

Hows that supposed to work br/o/?

heat the logo up and place the dental floss between the logo and paint, gently saw through the warm, pliable adhesive like your flossing down to the jawbone (sorry for the morbid analogy)

i had good luck with taking it off using the edge of a card, goo gone and a cloth towel, and polishing it up afterward to smooth the surface.

thx m8 ive been meaning to take mine off but havent really found a suitable method

I mean, if you're just waxing and polishing then you're just restoring to something that's close to the factory. The only time you're going to get BETTER than factory is if you wet-sand all the orange peel to a perfect mirror sheen.

Personally I've always found de-badging to be distasteful. It's always either a car that's completely recognizable (BRZ/FRS, Miata, RX-8, Genesis Coupe, Veloster Turbo, Whatever) and you look like a reverse-ricing try-hard or it's on a vehicle that may or may not be a an actual performance trim (Lancer/Lancer Evolution X, BMW 3-series, Civic) and you just look retarded because now you could just be someone with a lesser model hoping no one would notice even if you DID actually have the performance variant.

Is that a fucking pimple on his arm

If I were looking for new, RWD with an LSD for $25k, I'd do it. It's fun to drive and was never meant to be a straight line car.
Also there are no other options at that price point, you'd have to pay $29k for a Miata to get those features, and those have transmission horror stories already.
Or 30k for the Fiata Abarth, which from what I can tell, is still really hard to find.

delete all door buzzers/chimes etc

if its a new car?

nothing just get some miles on it to run in the motor.

if its old, make sure the shocks are good , if not replace.
new bushes all round
tracking check.

then usually a tint or a zorst.

It happens to some of us user :(
10 years of acne and counting.

It honestly looks more like a wart or other bump that the skin got scraped.

wart

muffler delete

engine delete

+1

Replace stock speakers/head unit
Remove sub
Debadge
Remove all stickers from windows etc.
Replace interior bulbs with leds
Paint rocker cover
Paint calipers if appropriate

when you do the interior bulbs, do you just do the light that comes on when you open the door, or do you go all out and replace every single bulb inside the car

Every bulb, instrument cluster, ash tray, cigarette lighter, map light, glove box