86/BRZ/FRS

Don't mind me, just posting 86s.

Feel free the contribute or talk about 86 related stuff.

No bully please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sCVJ3WWXYPY
motoring.com.au/new-toyota-86-and-subaru-brz-confirmed-101800/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

These cars are slow and expensive.
Sage in all fields

Go buy an abused shitbox and call it a day poorfag

found the poor piece of shit who can't afford to buy it new & make it fast.

how does it feel to live in the ghetto & not be able to even drive a $3k civic?

>inb4 hurrrr i would buy a faster used car because i am too poor to be able to have a modified new car & eat the depreciation

toyobaru a best

I'm pretty sure the new 86 is less than the ae86 accounting for inflation. I could be wrong though.

Try doing this with a Miata

>ib4 trailer

Why even allow these things on a track? So you can sputter cunt around some corners at full throttle while boring the fuck out of everyone?

Nothing wrong with having fun m8. Anyone can buy a fast car. It takes skill to drive fast though.

youtu.be/sCVJ3WWXYPY

Which is faster on 10 psi of boost on the same turbo

An 86, Silvia, or S2000?

That's a pretty vague question user. Are you 17?

Which one has a higher power/weight then with the same setup?

You know there are like 3 different generations of Silvia right?

I'll just say s2000 so you can keep bench racing.

This is amazing.

Whose car is this really? Like who made it first then shook hands with the other.

Where the fuck are the panda 86s?

Haha

>You know there are like 3 different generations of Silvia right?

Don't they all have the same engine minus a few head bits and different turbos? There's also a 100lb difference?

Good to know S2K is still leading the tuner world.

Toyota had the vision. Subaru makes pretty much everything on the car.

I don't know. I only know about the American kind with truck motors

anyone got suggestions for some tight ass 16x8.5 wheels?

the lightest ones you can afford

A car less than 5 years old is already this riced.

God help us.

im the same man who took all your nissan S cars and promptly ruined them without thinking twice

ive come for the 86 now

16x8.5? That sounds like a near impossible combination.

Can you even find quality tires in that size? Why would you need something so wide with a relatively stock 86?

Why not 16x7 or 7.5?

its not that outlandish. I think the JDM R32 wheels were that size, on the top of my head

16x8 would work nicely too. been looking at enkei compes.

you do understand that 86 is designed to be riced

I was going to suggest the compes.

I guess you could even get 16x9 with wantabes

Again, I'm not sure why you would. What are you going to gain with that combination aside from ricer reputation?

you're right about the 8.5 though, thats a bit excessive. 8 is ideal. 7.5 and the entire wheel disappears inside the car.

mostly just like to try stuff out. reducing overall weight and saving money on new tires would be nice. i've had the car on 17'' and 18'' for two years each now. time to try something new.

Or you could go with 15s and be a boss

i'm not cool enough dude to do lug conversions yet.

i do believe thats the first GT86 ive ever seen with 4 lugs though.

>high compression N/A from factory
>designed to be riced
Yeah if you rebuild it with lower compression or swap it altogether.

Toyobarus exist to be leased/owned foe a few years by normalfags then picked up for $6k after depreciation hits and a few years go by. It's not worth over $15k.

Just get the OEM 16s and some nice tires.

They should be cheap and easy to find in Europe. I wish I could buy some in the States. They were never offered here.

might check that out. no cars were ever delivered with 16'' here, but I believe germany got heaps of them.

Right, because no one rices others NA high compression cars like the s2k or ND Miata right?

>It's not worth over $15k.

a 200hp RWD car isn't worth more than a KIA hatchback.

Veeky Forums

I fucking love them compes

Me too. They are kind of heavy though iirc

I can't wait until I can buy some nice 16s for my 86 though.

any enkei cant possibly be heavier than the solid lead rotas i already got. besides they're just too fucking hot

Can't wait for the (according to reports, substantial) facelift to arrive and the prices for used ones to drop.

>already have a set of fitting winter tires from my old impreza lying around
>sure hope there is a ski rack for these though

You know the refresh has been out for like over a month right?

Nothing really substantial compared to three Zenki 86

motoring.com.au/new-toyota-86-and-subaru-brz-confirmed-101800/

There is another, bigger refresh in the works, but I just realised it's a little further away than I thought. Hopefully I won't have to wait that long.

They may call it a 2nd gen, but my guess is it's just another facelift, a new interior and the 1.6 Turbo engine.

... won't have to wait that long untill I'll get my own Toyobaru is what I wanted to say

Reminder

>240SX
>155HP from 2.4L
>2700lbs
>30k MSRP in today's money

>86/BRZ
>200HP from 2.0L
>2750lbs with modern safety equipment
>27k MSRP

We wanted a return to the retro sports coupe, and that's exactly what we got

I think everyone just wanted an option for a turbocharger with 300hp, even if it came at a steep premium.

then it would be 50k msrp
is that what everyone wanted?

Come on dude you can take anything to a track day. Weak bait.

>$50k
No it wouldn't. The STI has a longitudinal turbo motor and it retails for $35k. The engineering is there, but they didn't want to give it to us.

that's still 10k more. they want to actually sell cars and there is not much market for 35k turbo coupes.
also see: sti sales

No one is mentioning sales, we're just saying the reason these don't get any respect is because there isn't a model with any balls. The GT86 is just some sort of prissy little ballerina

that is what it is supposed to be. lightweight and great handling with low power.
>they don't get any respect
maybe on Veeky Forums - boyracer central
see:
In Europe, the GT86 was awarded the following titles in 2012:

Car of the Year by Top Gear magazine (and Jeremy Clarkson) who also crowned it Coupé of the Year and winner of the Top Gear Speed Week
Best Driver's Car by Autocar;[71]
Performance Car by Auto Express.[72]

In Australia, the 86 was awarded the following titles in 2012:

Car of the Year award by Wheels magazine,[73] Carsguide,[74] and Drive[75] (shared with Subaru BRZ);
Best Performance Car under A$60,000 and People's Choice again by Drive;[75]
People's Choice Best Performance Car under A$100,000 by Carsales (shared with Subaru BRZ).[76]

Other awards received include:

2012 Car of the Year in New Zealand (Toyota 86 and GT86);[77]
2012 Best Affordable Sports Car by US News (Scion FR-S);[78]
2012 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick in the US (Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ);[79]
2013 Top Ten Best Cars by the American Car and Driver (Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ);[80]
2012-2013 Japan Car of the Year "Special Award" (Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ).[70]

The Subaru BRZ was also crowned:

Fun-est Car of the Year by Top Gear Australia (against the Toyota 86, BMW M135i, Porsche 911 Carrera, Audi RS5, Ford Focus ST, and Renault Megane RS265);[76]
2012 Sports Car of the Year by France's Echappement;[70]
2013 Best Sports Car by Canada's Auto123.[70]

In addition, the Toyota-Subaru D-4S boxer engine was named one of Ward's 10 Best Engines in 2013.[81]

>lightweight and great handling with low power

aka a ballerina

It could get the 'best car ever' award but it doesn't mean it's not a ballerina

But they could have taken a ballerina and turned it into a world class MMA artist with a better engine and some sticky tires. Then you have a car that weighs in at under 3,000 lbs with 300-350hp and all the best handling attributes

And yes a person can do that themselves. But if Subaru/Toyota did the legwork not only would it be cheaper, but it would be far better engineered and covered under a warranty as well.

>things 14 year olds and busriders post under youtube videos - the post

'Respect' for a variant of some car you'll apparently no interested in buying?
What the hell are you even trying to say?

*you're

dangit

On the contrary I'm very interested in buying one, which is why I'm such a stickler on its philosophy.

Instead, I'm going more towards the Focus RS because it still can tackle the mountain roads but it has more grunt and more usability.

It will be 4 years until a new version is on the market and it will probably be heavier and use a hybrid system.

If you get the edlebrock supercharger it comes with its own 3 year warranty for the powertrain. And it's CARB legal too.

And it costs twice as much and overheats way too easy

>overheats

yeah under hard track pressure. not just on a random curvy road

People are already reporting insane oil temps after only 3 laps at the track.

Not exactly hard track pressure.

But it's probably fine on mountain roads. Just kind of sad considering the car's purpose and MSRP.