/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

ENB Loading Edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA
>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952
gamefaqs.com/boards/684236-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/74328605
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He said that because it's pretty overpowered, I guess.

>medicant
>EVER
please reconsider life

>medicant is bad
i want this meme to end

It can be bad as a primary on Anodyne Mages, sometimes it causes them to get way overzealous with the healing.

Otherwise it's just fine.

Can this bridge respawn, or is there a way to get to the other side?
It's the only area my Pawn doesn't has 3-star knowledge in

>Play off an SSD
>Still have load times
>DDDA is literally the only game I have with noticeable load times thanks to ENB
Aside from Space Hulk that is, lol

I've seen ballistas respawn in the shadow fort when saving and loading so try that.

Post your custom made killers here.

I tried that but it didn't work, I even rested at Cassardis for a week and it didn't respawn, even though the bandits did.

>tfw you want to use gedosato but your loading times go from 5 seconds to 40 seconds

Its just not fair.

The background dude is funky, I like him.

Things going boom, because explosions.

>Max got rekt

He actually looks like a kid, very nice.

I like your screenshots, give me more.
BTW, you are using Rudy ENB, aren't you?

What's this body language trying to convey?

post pawns dicking around

>Does that hurt?
>I bet it hurts

post yfw A TREMENDOUS SUIT OF ARMOUR WALKS!

Yeah, someone here suggested it

??
it is bad though
literally the only thing it does is raise the hp % to trigger a heal from 45% to 60%
never get it lmao

It's a decent secondary on non-mage pawns if you give them a stack of group curatives. But it wouldn't be my first choice.

Kinda meh on a mage, they'll get to healing anyway and frankly out of combat anodyne is best... not like that slow heal is going to save anyone mid-combat.

Death keeps spawning in the Bloodless Stockade every time I go get my pawns back after he butchers them. Is this just going to keep happening until I kill him? Should I just keep going with one or no pawns?

I usually run past the asshole unless I'm specifically hunting him. And yes, Death is a guaranteed spawn there on 1.0, and I think a frequent but not guaranteed spawn on 2.0.

You'll have another riftstone past the Stockades though, so worst case you can rehire.

no.
other inclinations do this as well while having much better utility.

I agree, I'm just saying a medicant secondary wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me. Definitely I'd prefer something else entirely, but I won't "nope" like if I saw Guardian.

So hey, speaking of memes... how about Mage loadouts? The standard is Util/Med with Legion's Might... it works I guess but it's also lame. Would much rather see Util/Mit with a stronger staff and Comestion/Levin along with Anodyne/High Haildom/Affinity.

The utility of Mages is quite swell, but that doesn't mean they have to be dead weight in combat. Literally the only reason I recommend Legion's build is because that'll probably pull in more rents, but man I wish it weren't so.

>climb onto Daimons head
>pretty much all of his non-magical attacks still somehow hit me even though I'm nowhere near his limbs
ebin
Am I a shitter or are these hitboxes just ass compared to almost everything else in the game? I'm holding his face, he does a spin with kicks and I get sent flying and damaged.

The only thing that should be on his head is a holy focused bolt.

Is your character fuckhuge?

Tall, not end of the slider tall, but not average either. Character weight isn't huge though, no.

I had the same problem with a thin >180 height character
You might want to try shortening him for the duration of the fight.

I've just resorted to stabbing him in the dick and ankles, it's not nearly as much damage as hundred kisses on his head, but it's passable.

>give arisen's bond to someone
>begin 'deny salvation'
>leave and do mads quest, because it fails if you complete deny salvation

>get mads
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
is it literally impossible NOT to get mads, while also doing her questline?

So, what does that mean? Some hidden stat?

Best girl always finds a way

Why do you need to do her questline? She stays as a merchant if you don't start her final quest.

Also it's easy if your waifu isn't Mercedes or Quina, just make sure to talk with her last.

We don't know. Some user said it goes up whenever you fully deplete your stamina so my best guess is it changes how much your pawn cares about conserving its stamina.

Now that's some dickassness beyond comprehending.

Need pic, is your pawn fugly?

I mean, it is maximum dickass I'm just curious if it's even remotely warranted.

And that's his pawn. Level 13 but for some reason I got it only now.

You have his name, you know EXACTLY what to do.

Nope, he is pretty handsome.

>awwyeah goin to fight death
>gear up
>get to the fuck you room with the tornado niggers
>strigoi knocks me over ledge where I was intending to snipe them from
>retarded fighter pawn already dead
>whoop death is here
>now my other pawns are dead with the holy pact and the 150 blast arrows
>get to next sanctuary and hire some new pawns
>one brines herself in the next room

FUCK

>Gutz Mage named Twilight
>Rating others 1 on appearance and 3s for rest

Lol, wow.

Well now I know who to hire when I'm in a brining mood.

I like him, pretty cool old man.

>Mage Gats

Why.

this game has really dope VAs.

She's the hottest vidya bimbo ever.

Ranger friends, is Precision worthy 7000 dps, or the effects are barely perceptible?

can you downscale 4k to 1080p?

This is the problem with the whole rating system. You give someone a bad rating and they and their friends give you bad ratings in retaliation, or you give everyone 5 stars when they don't deserve it just so people don't get pissy.

is this the one that sends arrow further ?
no if so

Usually if you think a pawn is super fugly and super useless you simply don't rent it.

"Keeps your arrows from flying off mark when you loose them whilst in motion".

>not wanting to hit daimon from the other side of his throne room

why does it even matter when the inclinations and skills are there for all to see?

Not this thread, not this day!

[Aid]

Yeah, I usually just won't rent you if you're ugly. As for Sahmed, he has a dragonblood, right? I think that has all the resists he needs.

It's shit

>dragonblood
why didn't I think of that already
fuck

Faithful earring is higher, might go for that instead

What kind of class/equipment should I get if I want to play as a solo child soldier travelling from battlefields to battlefields ?

Also, it's been probably a year since the last time I came in /ddg/.
First, glad it's till alive, I really can't beleive it. And secondly Any news about Dragon's Dogma 2 ever coming ?

What this guy said:
>Usually if you think a pawn is super fugly and super useless you simply don't rent it.

Also, yes I just hand out 5/5/5s because I'm not interested in taking vidya ratings all that serious. But then again, I don't hire trash pawns... not too hard to figure it out before hiring.

Assassin, sword&board + shortbow.
Fighter is fine too but it's up to you to decide.
Always carry throwblasts.

Yeah I really want to make someone like Guts when he was a kid. Never played a small person so I don't know if two-handed swords adapt to your character's size. Do they ?

>every single important NPC and multiple semi-important ones
Jesus Christ I know no one plays this game for anything related to the plot, but was there some active attempt during development to make some of the absolute greatest character concepts ever and then ignore and refuse to develop them ingame?

Uh... more or less, yeah. That's the entire game summed up really.

>Moon

yea it does
shorter arms mean shorter reach

Both my pawns

Coolest Vocation for pawns?
Preferrably one that goes well with a MK Arisen

>Post pawn to Reddit
>Get 3/3/3s from players with shitter pawns
>Players who were clearly carried by my pawn

Lol, whatever. At least I got some extra RC, thanks to the alt exp mod I'll need the change to keep up with renting other pawns worth a shit.

>Be renting a pretty good fighter from /ddg/
>Release & rehire
>Now it's 24 levels ahead of me

as an MK your pretty well rounded, so choose whatever.
perhaps a strider/ ranger/ sorc
are you barely starting?

That can always be a problem when renting pawns from here, if they're being posted to the thread then the player is almost certainly still active and levelling. Which means if you don't play as fast as them (or are running a mod) they can end up shooting out ahead of you. I honestly wish we could keep a sort of "pawn library" that would allow you to store a few main pawns so that you could keep ones from other save files still available for people, maybe at the cost of all RC earned by any that aren't you current main pawn being forfeit.

Actually I haven't even started the save yet, I'm just planning.

Just chose MK because it seemed fun enough, but I actually don't know very much what it does, but physical damage/magical damage in one character can't be all bad.

>steam winter sale
completely forgot this was a thing

It worked out since I've got a lot of RC from earlier playthroughs (ended up just respeccing to a low level with dll hooks), but yeah it can definitely be a problem. The alt exp mod practically requires using the free rents from friends.

Why the fuck won't my main pawn use any cool spells I equipped her with? I haven't seen her use Maelstrom or Bolide a single time, and Miasma and Gicel just once.

what's she using instead? the faster cast spells?

gib amazon girl sliders pls

Make sure they've learned elemental weaknesses and then fight something weak against those elements while stalling long enough for them to cast without interruption.

So how much stupid stuff can you do with your main pawn in the game? I'd like to make Jay and Silent Bob but I'm reconsidering it for a man and his midget so I can throw him around more. What should I do?

Depends on inclinations, knowledge, and available spells.

If your pawn is being harassed a lot, they may go for the quick spells (or they may be trying to cast big but getting interrupted). If they have enemy knowledge they'll try to cast what the enemy is weak to.

And of course jacked inclinations will put a stop to spell casting too.

Are there unlisted bestiary actions on the wiki that you need to do to get three stars?
I've done the kill count and all the listed bestiary actions for goblins and hobgoblins but no third star.
Also, anyone want to hire my pawn to help fill out my bestiary? I'm looking to hire any active lvl 50-140 strider or sorcerer pawns as well.

What's the class order for max attack at level 200? 1-10 fighter, 11-200 Assassin?

Yeah.

But it's no fun and total overkill.

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T PAWNS USE ADVANCED VOCATIONS?

Because 4x MKs spamming GMC would melt consoles.

>strider
how about a ranger?

sure I'm not picky

What's the pawn vocation that does the most cool shit? I saw a pawn warrior once and I liked the idea.

neat
mylo ranger 120

fighter

i can't believe it's almost 2017 and nobody has been autistic enough to figure out how exactly pawns work

Hired, will return him later this week.

It's (sorta) new, I mean I never even saw a "skill use" inclination 'till I loaded up DLL Hooks.

I'm guessing it's the rate of skill use (genius I know) and if a pawn regularly runs out of stamina then the rate gets lowered appropriately? But I dunno, I'm just tossing out an idea that sounds like it makes sense.

our super aughtist (the guy who wrote the science doc) left us in about spring. before he left he had said some stuff about it and was to do some tests for it, but dunno what happened.
shame he left since he was putting in some real work.

wait!
i just remembered this shit was released a couple months ago
here ya go lads, an even greater in depth guide to inclinations.

gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

alright, finally finished with the Daimon runs i promised. felt like brining my pawn along this time so i apologize if you guys don't get as much RC as i had hoped

dam this screenshot look like shit, but oh well

Hot damn, that's pretty good.

Thanks for the link, I wouldn't have even thought to scour GameFAQs for info that in-depth.

Thanks for the rents.

Neato pawn, by the by. Just took a peek, hadn't even thought about running hybrid augments on my pawn but since your guy showed up in the rift I might give that a try.

they have some pretty good information, but just like the wiki DO NOT blindly trust all of it. some of the info is outdated from the console era see: pawn training

heres another great guide on Nexus inclination
gamefaqs.com/boards/684236-dragons-dogma-dark-arisen/74328605