Yellow Headlights

Hey Veeky Forumstists, should I tint my headlights yellow? Apparently it's better in bad weather and I think it's pretty damn aesthetic, too.

I want to do this to my car as well. I am GOING to do it in a week or two

depends on the car familia

really depend on the car you have
if it's old that might look good

Is this even legal?

I was thinking about using yellow LEDs for my fog lights as DRLs

No. Shits so fucking played out.
Only vintage french cars are acceptable.

Yes, and yellow high beans are required in some countries.
Pic related is a factory option.

in europe yes it was required for some time in france i think
i don't think so in the US tough

Here you go my dear m8.

I bought a roll of this 2 years ago and I've yet to use it. It only looks good on fog lights though.

I drive this. The aftermarket support for it is absolutely shit and I want to personalize it a bit more. Plus winter is here and I would love the warmer colour.

Why not sell it and get something cool

>better in bad weather

having had several cars with yellow tint/yellow bulbs, i can tell you: nope

it looks cool as shit though so i'ma keep doing it. and it's legal here so cops cant say shit

i don't think it will look good
you could restore your headlight tough

I'm gonna restore them as soon as it's warm enough to use the UV resistant clear coat, it would just gob up and look like shit if I tried it now.

STOP USING AESTHETIC AS AN ADJECTIVE YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

No u

I did it on a motorcycle for laughs and it was actually kinda rad.

Really changed the vibe while night time riding, Everything felt aesthetic and cool. Not as rad as like vapor wave type stuff, but the subtle difference was rad and enjoyable.

Lot less cars pulled out in front of me too. Not sure exactly why, but it was a sweet added bonus.

I did yellow on my fogs a couple years back, gives it kinda a vintage race car look

I feel like it would look better on fog lights, since I enjoy having good night vision when on the roads. I live in the forest though so it's more important because of fuckass animals and curves everywhere with no streetlights.

It is called Selective Yellow, and they make bulbs in that color

>easier on the eyes
>reduced glare
>increases contrast
>better in rain
>better in snow
>looks cool

Pretty sure it's illegal in the US but fuck it

the only time yellow light is advantageous is when you are driving through heavy fog, they dont even work well during snowstorms (trust me ive tried)

literally the 5000k temp of light is the only other type of color you should ever use

I tried yellow bulbs and those alone really didn't even look yellow

So I've heard about yellow tint reducing glare, which make me wonder why we don't put some on LED or HID headlights. The glare is what really gets me

I saw a whole pack of cars with yellow fogs in the canyons the other night.

My car.

That is over a mile of film...

Oh hey Uline

jokes on you, I have a toyota with plastic headlights and they've yellowed naturally with age

It's a gray area, the lights themselves are white, but the housing is yellow. You'll have to check your state laws, fogs are always legal, but cops normally don't give a shit and it's a fix it ticket at the most

1500 feet is well short of a mile.

a mile is 1760 yards or 5280 feet broheim.

I really love the look of yellow lights. Especially fog lights on older cars. But the weather visibility thing is a meme afaik

I've thought about doing something similar
I want to get something like and put it over my fogs, then rewire my fogs to come on with the ignition, but I know that would be a pain to do. Then, I would fit low powered LED's or something because I don't want to dazzle people

Hopefully, it would like something this which took 20,000 hours in paint.net

>JDM sticker
it isn't JDM though is it?
I always thought it was just a French thing

they already look pretty yellow

You missed the part where the quantity is 4

These shits are a massive pain in the ass to apply. Is there an easier way, like a spray on film that works similar to plastidip?

just get bulbs with a warmer color temperature?

I have yellow LEDs, but I like the look of the yellow housings

Sone companies make leds that change color

>yellow high beans

Yellow low beams. Used to be required in France. Got flashed a lot in Paris driving a US-spec car with while low beams years ago.

A bunch of Subifags in my area put the super bright yellow HID bulbs into their headlights, and it's terribly distracting even in broad daylight.

They were a pretty common sight (as factory spec) when I was a kid, back then everyone thought they were ugly as fuck, iirc they had an advantage in misty weather or something like that.