/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 22th:
69 – Emperor Vitellius is captured and murdered at the Gemonian stairs in Rome.
1216 – Pope Honorius III approves the Dominican Order through the papal bull of confirmation Religiosam vitam.
1894 – The Dreyfus affair begins in France, when Alfred Dreyfus is wrongly convicted of treason.
1939 – Indian Muslims observe a "Day of Deliverance" to celebrate the resignations of members of the Indian National Congress over their not having been consulted over the decision to enter World War II with the United Kingdom.

>News
CK2 DD35: Who ordered these monks?
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dd-35-who-ordered-these-monks.989846/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_i9Fa2UrDAk
store.steampowered.com/app/203770/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

What does /gsg/ think of Persians?

based

Can a pirated hoi4 dlc be used on a legit copy?

based

Pretty based, secondary citizen tier.

Willy

Post GrossBritish Empires.

The perfect gsg would be procedurally generated. This would be extremely difficult but I think with the right scope and foundational mechanics I think the emergent scenarios and stories could be convincing, more varied than most procedural games (Which are often uncovered to be dreadfully shallow with little replay value).

>ideaman.jpg
One last word for you, Vapourwarelad, SCOPE.

Based (if not Islam*c) and non-white

Someone post the superior "DO IT FOR HRE" meme

The only grand-scale strategy game I know of that does procedural generation decently would be Advanced Tactics: Gold, however thats a wargame.

FUCK YOU

*raids*

going to take a nap please wake me up if someone hosts mp thank you

Are you Rob? Honest question

youtube.com/watch?v=_i9Fa2UrDAk

no i am rob

>procedurally generated
Actually played around with the idea this summer, but imo the historical route is much more satisfying(like e.g. the reason romania was my first nation in hoi3 was just so I could bomb the shit out of b*dapest); procgen is soulless(and harder).

>One last word for you, Vapourwarelad, SCOPE.
Oh yeah, I've been attempting to finish anything for like 5 years now :^). This is partly the reason why I asked if me posting about it here would be welcome. It would help keep the development going imo(the logic being that of study groups).

tfw Sassanid empire collapsed

Ok guys i found a guide on raiding so no one should ever need to ask again

Who is rob?
Other than this guy?

MAKE GOOD WW2 SIM ON MOBILE

thanks

W&B

please janitor don't delete the based one's post

Dead?

Are we not being raided?

Wew didn't expect the lads to win this.

To bad I could only take one shitty province because of Mings merc spamming outclasses my manpower.

>the historical route is much more satisfying
There is the inherent satisfaction of roleplaying as real-world figures/nations and achieving a goal set out for yourself, but sometimes you (or at least I) want a start based on the position you are in vs where you have set your goal, rather than just "being" a certain figure to roleplay as (e.g. "I want to start as a small country surrounded by comparable but bigger states, with a very large empire looming further away but still close enough for medium term concern, which I hope to rival in the future; and I want to have lower tech than the neighbours but have a higher pop density and access to some rare/valuable resources" as opposed to as "I want to start as a Flemish count under medieval France")

>procgen is soulless
Is Dwarf Fortress soulless? Is every 4X soulless? There's never really been any gsg with much focus on an in-depth demographics and the "ideological vision of a nation" aspects, other than Vic2; and where there are games that touch on this even lightly, such as Alpha Centauri or MoO (Especially MoO3, I've always found it to be the most compelling drawing focus of the game.

If the game isn't procgen, but historically based, then you by inevitably leap into the autistic pit of sharks that is historical accuracy and realistic simulation. If you can't build a realistic environment where certain historical starting positions can plausibly lead to a reasonably historical outcome, then you have failed. And the only solution to this is through the duct tape that is scripted event railroading. There's a time and place for that but I think there's potential for games that take a different route.

Uhhhh wow nerd -_____-

Is Distant Worlds good?

so what is this hittler mod everyone is talking about?

it's a CK2 mod where you play as Hitler

Everyone I've ever met have been pretty based, and the women have been qts that were open to being sluts. 8/10 they're still from the Middle East.

do you know where to download that mod

Yes! :)
store.steampowered.com/app/203770/

Yes

I'm thinking a game based on exclusively colonialism(thinking Americas only) is much less prone to failing due to unrealistic outcomes since its much more open ended

I'm unsure where to go from here also it looks awful in Vicky size I'm afraid.

*teleports behind you*

Excalibur? Maybe put the crows below the holy grail and make the grail a bit smaller

*crowns

*teleports behind u*
*crowns u emperor of the romans*

Ehhh.... nothin personell...... carl

t. Pope Leo

What did He attemt to communicate by this?

>that mouth-breather retard expression
paradox needs to fire their fucking artists

here you go lad

Alright, faggots, what country are you from and what's your ideal Groß country?

Mexico.
Germany.

I think we may be having some size issues here.

ay ay ay gueyyyy tacoooos arriba guey aaayyy vamos a saltar el muro de trump con mi amigo el chapooo ayyy gueyyy

Supposing I acquired all of the DLC for CK2 and EUIV, last week in a totally legit fashion, is there any that I should turn off like Sunset Invasion if I want a relatively historical game without anything too silly?

What is the thing above the Grail supposed to be? Also, maybe use a different image for the Grail, its too long

>What is the thing above the Grail supposed to be?
The Body of Christ, marked by the Cross, in blood colour, to symbolize the Blood of Christ that went in the Chalice, or something to that effect.

>maybe use a different image for the Grail, its too long
It's the best one I found, I could cut out some of it to make it less long though.

I don't know, the grail just looks too weird, like the bottom is too long and the top is too small

How's this?

Whatever, it's just a shitty grail, maybe use Excalibur or something? or just give up already)))

About to start a new game of Vicky. Who should I play as?

You should host some MP.

What said, desu.

Scotland

Do I go with religious or expansion ideas first as Muscovy in EU4?

Slovenia

Bhutan

This will be my first time hosting. How do I find out what IP is?

WE

Britain
Britain

USA
Austria

I'll take a short break to clear my mind and get back to it. Every time I've tried to incorporate a sword to a flag it ended up rather badly.

>AFPG gets triggered by swords
really makes you think...

America
Germany

Religion if you plan on blobbing into the hordes and for the dank culture blobbing.

Expansion if you want to go for PLC/Scandinavia

Argentina
GroßLaPlatiums Imperiums

Join, if you dare.

beta with HPM

pic related to both

Well if you don't know how to find your own IP, you probably don't know how to port forward so you won't be able to host. Forget I asked my dear friend, someone will come along eventually and host themselves allowing MP for all the people of this fine thread who wish to partake in great merriment with their fellow man.

where is eu4 dlc activator pls?

shut up, pedophile

Well, I found a sword. Where should I put it?

Up your ass

hpm guy are you here

I don't know, that looks ok. Make it vicky sized

alternatively, which expansions can I ignore?

How much of the Old World be involved?

The fucking sunrays look hairy when small.

It's time to give up lad...

I'm off to make South East Asian flags for V10.

Any HoI 4 game to join?

White

>tfw no Hitlermod

Gonna off myself lads.

working on it right now
t. actually hitlermod

Improved version.

Monkeyland
Persia

Does anyone know where you can change province names?

Save file

In the history\provinces folder or in the save file if you want to change provinces for an ongoing game

nevermind, found it in localisation

Saves are the best option

But i want to change it forever, see

Defensive.