Other urls found in this thread:

discounttire.com/en/buy-tires/general-grabber-at2/p/32404
northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200434915_200434915
sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/5925732423.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for toy yoda

>tfw no snow at all this year in all likeliness

this is why I RARELY go offroad...

Wow that's so capable I have got to get a Toyota they'll drive on everything. Please start all general threads with a wicked cool Toyota

>it was 86°F today
Tis the season

In other news the 400 swap is almost done. Just got to wire up the voltage regulator, get a new driveshaft from the u pull it and a few odds and ends and she'll be good to go

No new pictures yet though

Do I have any fucking chance at all at finding a 2 door RAV-4 or 2 door Pajero wagon in Ohio?

What are my other options?

Just get an XJ, you weeb fucktard.

No I want a little but not samurai/tracker tiny 2-door

A two door XJ. Or fucking move.

get a Sidekick 4x4

Or an XJ like the last guy said

First time I've driven in snow in like 3 years.
Fucking loved it.
I did have a bit of bad luck when the snow wasn't deep but it hid the soft dirt underneath.

Just replaced all 4 tires with a set of General Tires Grabbers. What's your opinion on them Veeky Forums, did I make a mistake.
I was gonna go with the BF Goodrich AT's but they only had 2 in stock

Super swampers > everything else

They didn't have those.
I needed something quick too.
Got a flat about 2 miles from the shop, had to walk there and see if they could sell me a tire iron. They couldn't but one of the guys was nice enough to lend me one.
And I didn't trust the spare at all, so I wanted to get off it as quick as possible.

Went the other day alone, but the water was way too deep with huge chunks of ice, so I wasn't out very long. I don't have anyone to pull me out, and I don't have a winch or come-alongs.

Is that an ebay special front bumper?

Grabbers range from bullshit to full mudders. No idea which one you picked.

Pretty much.

T A C O F A G
How's the stickie coming along (post is here not to pester you but to put a sticker post here to remind the thread that they're on their way).

That's what I always think when someone says Toy Yoda.

I prefer the term: Tay Yoda.

Lmao you got dubs, crownon. Also wasn't me who bosted that rude swiftie last thread. If I were you tell you to kill yourself, I'd at least do you the favour of typing it all out (;

[spoiler]Also relevant: [/spoiler]

Hey. Donald Tumpy uses Chinese steel so why can't we? :^)

(no but seriously - what's the paint like on them? are they bare steel or just one undercoat and one paint?)

That looks like Arkansas, except no way we'd ever get enough snow.

These.
discounttire.com/en/buy-tires/general-grabber-at2/p/32404
How fucked am I? I haven't had a chance to try them out properly cause it was like 1800 when they were done, and my headlight are shit so I try not to drive at night.

kek that restaurant is based

Depends on where I think.
My hometown is along the OK border and we've had a few winters that were beasts.
Good amount of snow then all that ice underneath.
Factory I was working at shut down for like a week.

And you also bought AXTs.

triggered
can't afford a Toyota

Got the set of 4 with wheels for $50. Couldn't pass it up. I don't have them on the Jeep anymore though.

at least you wont become a rust lord then

finally some legitimate dubs. huh, faggot?

sounds good friend

get a vehicross then

grabbers are usually decent for the price
bfgs are bettr tires though

>Can spend $1800 on tires but can't buy new headlights

blue land cruiser fag reporting in
hope you guys are enjoying the holidays

Was just joshin ya. Because got damn AXTs are good looking, long lasting, and capable all terrains. But meh offroaders.

beep beep

>not i c e r o l l i n g
>not climbing up ski hills with your chained tyres

Bitch has no sense of humor.

Mine is closer to the Louisiana line, never get more than an inch or two.
Seems like you can always spot Arkansas pine straw.

>vehicross

I want 80s shitbox aesthetic not that

Then why are you concerned if you made a mistake? Sounds like you did what you had to do.

1800?
It was only $700
Priced seemed fair enough and I could afford it.
And I could get new headlights, but I'm lazy and I don't really drive much at night.
I have this problem of putting off problems till the last possible second. I only did this cause my tire blew.

I know, but I'm just curious what Veeky Forums's opinion is.
I bored as fuck and like conversing with strangers on the internet.
Also, it's good to know for next time. I seem to go through tires faster than most people.

>I'm a shitty driver

Thats fair, Im just being a dick since im in a bad mood today. I also cant talk too much because im running cooper A/T's on a stock WJ. I dont think Veeky Forums Likes WJ's.

you have a lot of requirements and not a lot of money
good luck

Probably.
But I'm still better than most of the people around my area.

Be a dick all you want. It's not like I can't take it. If I couldn't I'd just pack up and go to another thread or board. It's just the internet.

How do you like it? Thinking of the same one

then first of all, youre a faggot.
second of all, like i said a few posts ago; general tires are pretty decent for the price but they dont stand out or anything.
learn how to read and then kill yourself

Oh I wasnt actively trying to be a dick, its just what I wrote sounded like it could be dickish to me....I know it wasnt all that helpful in any case.

Roger that.

Helpful or not, I enjoy conversation. I'm just trying to find a reason not to go to bed.

>shitty tires
>clear corners
>sub par headlighting

Just build your own.

My welder isn't strong enough

Also I don't think I have anywhere nearby to get the raw materials for it

just nut up and buy an arb you poorfags

>m-muh ebay tube bumper
kys

what do you have a 90 amp or something

Aww user.
See I like ORG because people admit shit like this then excuse themselves for being ruder than most.

Veeky Forums doesn't like the WJs because they're not XJs as they traded power for muh Em Pee Gees (muh man cards, etc) and were less rugged.

Hey at least you don't have a new Grand Cherokee. You're fine user. Especially if doing longer distance dribing.

For the money, I can't complain. I wish the mounts were bigger, but I've been pulled out by it a few times, and it's held up well.

I have this one
northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200434915_200434915

Except it's probably 15 years old

I have a 90 amp. Didn't think it would be strong enough until I started using it. Thick stuff is easy, just set it to max amps and go slow. It's the thin stuff that's a pain in the ass.

I agree about the thin stuff. I should find some decently thick scraps and practice a bit.

did you climb it?

Seeing XJs make me miss my 94 a bit, despite it's build quality being vastly inferior to the 96 4runner I had afterwards.

Are the later model XJs any better in terms of interior build quality (1999-2001)?

let the old girl warm up inside tonight

what size are those tires? looks goofy as fuck

looks like a fat dog with skinny legs

ffs
what size tires are those

30x9.5 tires, they came with the truck and im keeping them until they run out of tread, oy vey

3inch disk it
Take it mudding

>faggot
t. dubless jew

>says the guy who got lmaonodubs

Why do so many lifted trucks in my area have small wheels and a huge lift? Don't you need bigger wheels to raise the diff higher off the ground? And why do a lot of lifted trucks have such thin tread?

Boyracer here, dont offroad btw

Because low profile mud tires stretched out on wide nigger rims with ridiculous offset is the latest brotruck fad, thus having to lift the truck higher to have enough clearance to turn with 22x14 wheels causing the big lift little tires syndrome

Though most brotrucks do run tires that are by no means small, most commonly 35" to 38" tall tires. But a 12.50" wide tire stretched out on a 14" wide wheel looks much smaller than one mounted on a 10" wide wheel

Would you guys be afraid of off-roading with this?

whats the backspacing on those wheels my guy

Looks like I've been summoned.

Sticker is still in the works. It's all just been cleaning since the last time I posted so it's not anything too exciting.

That being said, I'm still a little ways off from being finished, so thanks to everyone in /org/ as well as WAT for being patient

No, looks like it would be fun!

My dude, off-roading is great because even "shitty" slow cars can do it as long as they have reasonable ground clearance. Shit, even FWD cars and 4x2 trucks can do it too, just not as adventurous-like.

Looks like fun desu

After reviewing the laws regarding diesel swaps, We're starting to lean more towards putting the 6.5 in my Suburban.

We can put it in the 1500, but we'd have to pick up the emissions equipment from the 96 1500 and go through some shit with the DMV to get the title changed.

The 2500 is safety only so I wouldn't need to worry about emissions equipment or changing the title.

>laws
gay.

>emissions laws
Save your money and move out of whatever shit hole you reside in

Not in commiefornia so it's just basic emissions equipment. I don't have to worry about it with mine anyway due to the GVWR.

>tfw not yet owner of a 1985 toyota 4x4 pickup extra cab.

Oh I remember you, user! How's that coming along? Didn't see you all of last thread and was wondering if the owner lent you more time.

are you driving buy the owners house just to check on the truck you dont own

yeah, hes a homie. just let him hold onto my deposit a bit longer and now I got till the 9th and if I don't buy it by then he'll just put it back on the market or keep it. I also drove it again today. And found out he's doing a death valley over land trip in his 95 taco crawler on 40's and 1 tons. lmao hes going all the way there offroad, from ocotillo wells area. He said only like 10 miles of it will be on road.

nah, went to go see him again, he lives like 30 minutes from me.

I dont lurk here much, im usually on /b/ or /k/.anyway, just got a decent job. I need to get rid of my first car. I'm looking for something that will look work decent for off road but is also a decent every day car.

So far a jeep is what is what i'm looking at. the grand cherokee trailhawk or a wrangler unlimited rubicon.

are they good options or what would yall suggest.

something with a hard top, and a longer wheel base will be more comfy for a daily and trail rig. If you can afford a wrangler unlimited Rubicon that would be my pick, in a 4 door. All other jeep are a shit.

> solid front axle > IFS

>/b/
>/k/
consider riding a bus with a bad dragon dildo wedged up your bum and a cz printing out of your panties.

I'm looking to spend less than $40k, i really think i could swing about $37 at the very very most.

>no dragon dildos
>no CZ's
sorry

bump for Bronco is currently kill.

I don't believe you user
post pics of them we know you own atleast one

Don't be rude user. He's not rude to you.

Hell if you can afford the Rubicon, I would get that. It's not as easy to work on compared to the old AMC parts TJs or XJs (don't get the Grand Cherokee pls) but if you're more centred on it being a daily driber, this seems like your better bet. Or you could join the Tay Yoda master race and get a 2000s Land Cruiser or Taco.

NAICE. It's a rare beauty, innit?
Remember that if you don't get it, a tacoma would be an ample runner up. Almost more modern so easier parts for repairing the interior. Also: Air Conditioning.

>tacoma
>IFS
not in a million years user, sas are too expensive and i'm looking to have a really nice trail rig and daily. This 85 is as good as it fucking gets. Plus it doesn't need mechanical work, just interior stuff that I can spend my free time on. I dream about it most nights.

I don't doubt he's hiding a dragon dick under his bed and neither shouold you.

i could probably afford the rubicon in a couple of months. The one im looking at is 37k and is a 2015. I could probably talk them down a little.

seriously dont have one. thought about buying one for my best friend as a joke wedding present. thought better of it at the last minute.

also this 85 has a/c
>checkmate

YOOO 3500? only 40k miles? WTF is this dude.
sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/5925732423.html

Why don't you just get a 2010 model or something and save yourself the dime? Also look into the Tay Yodas I told you about.

Also keep in mind you can daily a Jeep TJ. Spend the $7000 on one, put aside $10 000 on builds (bumper, lifts, wheels, etc), and put aside $5 000 for gas. I can almost guarantee you you will have much more fun that the Rubicon.
Plus it will retain its value and only go up from here. Same with rustless old Yotas.

I like the rear, tube bumper guard. that man knows his priorities and how much an '85 bumper would cost him if he rams into a snow bank that's a bit too compressed... Like a certain unnamed user's Colorado a few years back...

If you dream of it and have spent this much time on it, why don't you just go to the Jewish Jew and take out a loan on it that will be paid off once you get ride of your current ride?

Anyway, I won't comment on the taco h8. There are enough Tay Yoda lubbers in this thread alreaby.

Oh otay.

I'm too smart to take out a loan. I could probably pay it off but I have 2 jobs and school, enough to worry about.

Fuck a Jeep, Get this thing. All the rustless Samarais here are like 20% more expensive than the TJ counterparts. I would even be able to tow this thing on a trailer in my Ferd Ranger without issue. That'd be gorgeous.

I would buy this almost instantly if I lived in San Diego. If anything, you could easily flip this for at least $6000 if you waited and had somewhere to store it.

i may end up buying a toy yoda. Really i want a good car that i can take onto my property that i hunt on that is always insanely muddy. if it can tow a 4wheeler that would be a plus. I may end up just getting a truck. also i've been looking at like a 2016 370z.

i really dont know what i want i guess.