Other urls found in this thread:

tools.aggydaggy.com/
twitter.com/_pikopik
pikopik.tumblr.com/
rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cont/nisn-risn-eng.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

16 days till Demo Day Dozen

Are you ready?

Report this faggot now, spam is aginst board rules.

Ahahahah
no
;_;

Udemy.com/blendertutorial 15 bux y/n

Every course on udemy is 15 bux right now

people savan'

not really but i'll upload something anyway

that is the most important part

I even have the previous one as a background. I just find it good to look at for some reason.

Oh bb, you're my favourite poster.

What's on the rest of the page?

pose tests for the first of the 2 I've posted

I don't understand

What are you trying to learn to do with blender?

I find Darrin Lile on youtube to be a pretty good resource for all the fundamentals of blender for game asset creation, with the lack of texture painting info covered by just watching any digital painters really but I like XRG81 explanations most so far.

The only price I see when I foolow your link is $195 USD, so if you can get all that for 15 bucks that seems like an incredible deal, I checked some of the reviews and it seems positive overall. I'd suggest getting a clear idea of what you are looking to learn, and seeing if you can find that info out there already but if not, i'd say go for it.

>> Engines
>GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
>Godot: godotengine.org
>Haxe: haxeflixel.com
>LÖVE: love2d.org
>UE4: unrealengine.com
>Unity: unity3d.com
>
>> Models/art/textures/sprites
>opengameart.org
>blender-models.com
>mayang.com/textures
>
>> Free audio
>freesound.org/browse
>incompetech.com/music
>freemusicarchive.org

I find this absolutely fine and desirable. Very good to help direct newcomers.

I want to learn the fundamentals of 3d modelling, specifically with blender, and attempt to make my own lowpoly models for unity development.

Me too!

I have never read the OP

thanks bro

Gonna be programming on christmas to try and make it

nice potato

I like your style.

I would click through the playlists offered by Darrin Lile and Sebastian Lague and see if that doesn't cover enough for you.

As for specifically low poly stuff, 3D models anywhere from 3 to 1k vertices, most of that is just understanding the fundamentals of proper edgeflow and purposeful anatomical shapes that are going to be accentuated with texturing.

Quality low poly is to 3D as anime is to figure drawing.

So i need to learn 3d first. Its not just "easier" because theres less tris.

>half of thread is shitpost
no thanks

Extreme low poly is hard. But, doing 'less' tris is actually easier on all parts of your workflow.

Going extremely low poly is a skill you will develop by doing general 3D stuff. Just like make models for now.

are these clyps all from the same user?

Ok user, thank you for the advice! I will buy the course because its a major discount but also look at your recommendations.

That thread is trash.

You are in the real thread right now.

Eh!? I don't recommend buying things! I didn't see that bit at all.

What does /agdg/ think of Gimp? How viable is it compared to Photoshop?

Does it feel like it was designed by programmers? Is it not what you want in an art program.

Even though this thread will die and that one will live, I'd rather stay here. Too much shitposting over there.

Try Affinity by Serif

I didnt say you did. Maybe i worded that weird.

Personally, I'm not a fan of it. I feel like the workflow of Photoshop is a lot smoother than GIMP's, however I know Photoshop very well while I do not know GIMP very well. So take my opinion with a grain of salt.

When I tried Gimp I went straight back to PS.

it's only good for basic image manipulation, like "making memes for facebook" tier stuff

though its arguably better/faster/easier for that level of stuff than PS is so why not have both??

While this thread is relatively peaceful, does anyone have an invite for the Discord?

I hate GIMP UI. Krita has a better UI so even thought it's not made for the same purpose sometimes I use it just so I don't have to deal with GIMP's UI.

What about Krita? Anyone tried it?

check the OP
tools.aggydaggy.com/

More progress, just for you.

breddy gud

yeah, well that's not true at all. there's nothing you can do in PS that you can't do in GIMP.

it's a matter of what you prefer, ease of use, or free.

I'm not saying PS can't do it, I'm saying it takes a bit more time or effort. you wouldn't use PS to make a shitty 4 panel "CANT WAIT TO PUT A FORK IN THESE THIS XXXMAS" may may image in PS, it's overkill and PS is finnicky and slow. But GIMP is pretty gud for that kind of very basic image editing/manipulation.

GIMP is for stuff that's too much for Paint, but not quite enough to justify using PS for.

Have you tried gimp's IWarp (gimp's counterpart of photoshop's liquify) filter? Do you know how bad it is? It's not a matter of preference, it's objectively dreadful. It's practically useless. I can't use this to enlarge woman tits and fap

meme background activate

I think next up is poly grass and plants to make the transition from ground to wall less abrupt

How complicated is it to build a dynamic 2D fighting game like Rabi Ribi in Unity? I know that this game was made with Unity as well.

The thing is that I'm very good in creating graphic assets, soundtrack, the story, etc. but apart from some javascript basics I'm not good with programming. Willing to learn though.

why are there two threads? i'm confused about where to shitpost. i'll just do both.

thanks

Do you have a blog or even a name for the game so i can follow your progress? I like the look of it.

your game oozes charm user. i really really like it. do you have a tumblr that i can follow?

I use GIMP
i actually love it honestly, it can be a bit finicky, but I find myself fully capable with it. It doens't "fall short" in any aspect for me

Drawing program. It is okay.

I'm using it. It's breddy gud.

endorsed by furries

Its the nicest Open Source Software for digital painting IMHNAO.

I couldn't get used to the interface. I use MyPaint at the moment. It has a clean UI with only the handful of features.

so is sex

>tumblr
Fuck off.

I use photoshop for digital painting.

?
It's a good site to blog about your game, plus almost all the devs I follow are on Tumblr too. It's nice to follow everyone on one site.

Are you new? Tumblr™ has been AGDG™'s de facto standard devblog host for quite a while.

>Tumblr doesn't accept gifs above 2mb
>Twitter doesn't know what a webm is
How are these the top dogs

>don't you dare have a blog on one of the more trafficked and "safe" websites out there

I guess devs should never ever talk about their game.

So since I am new I am going to put my TRPG plans on hold, and make a sort of Binding of Isaac game (with a bunch of moral dilemma choose your own adventure bits mixed in) set in the world of my TRPG.

Does that seem like a more manageable project for someone new to coding but experienced in tabletop gamedev?

>gifs
user...

I am okay with the sudden burst of Tender Arm fan arts. Keep on going!

thanks! and yes, as of a few days ago twitter.com/_pikopik

Sometimes it's nice to get that loop

on twitter you HAVE to upload gifs and you have like 15MB to fit in, doesn't matter how close you get since it's all converted later anyway - kind of shit, but manageable
you can't upload webms, mp4 is capped at 40fps
tumblr swallows webms, but iirc it's worthless since people pay more attention to gifs anyway, i can't judge since i don't even have 10 followers
my pitiful stats don't matter though, the point here is that it's pretty much impossible to take care of both services at once unless you shittify your gifs completely unless there is something i'm unaware of

dungeon break dev you here? got feedback like i said i would

I worked on the eyes today, which does AGDG like the best?

left is best

I see your efforts, but the first one is the best. Maybe if the rest of her would be more detailed, it could fit.

middle is probably the best
right is shit to be honest, not sharp at all

Left, mid and right just look off to me.

I like the right's design the best, but it's not sharp.

So I guess left as is.

outer two are fine, middle feels to high res compared to everything else

>facerig on sale for less than $10
>wonder how much the commercial version that lets you export animation costs
>$500
welp nvm then

>Twitter

Well, shit. I hardly visit Twitter, but I'll try to remember since I really like your game.
If you ever make a Tumblr pls post it and I will follow instantly

i'm not realling digging any of those 100% tbqh but if i had to, i'd pick left

I actually think 1 fits with the rest of the character's style the best. Seconding 's thoughts.
2 looks kind of like a Western artist tried too hard to copy the anime look.

lol am i a dev yet XD

Not him, but there's a Tumblr link in the description.

longer legs or nah?

>he posted the gif again

I am fucking blind. Thanks for pointing that out to me, user!

pikopik.tumblr.com/ but posting to both has been really exhausting. sorry, I'm pretty socially retarded. I'll try though, just got to think of something interesting to write about

Is it going to have arms?

I think no arms and very long legs could be good, he could run have a crazy swinging run as a jack-in-the-box type thing.

Drag and dropping half life assets in garry's mod and giving up is not gamedev.

Please remember to call or email the RCMP's National Security tip line and to give it a call whenever you see a Certain Someone step out of line.

rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cont/nisn-risn-eng.htm

With teamwork, we can get this Halifax shitposter off the internet for good!

It's okay user, I was that way too. Created a Twitter first, got no attention, made a Tumblr, got a good few followers, than pretty much abandoned my Twitter. No energy to invest into both and Tumblr seems like it has more people interested in following gamedev.

Fuck off, you're not funny.

i added bottles to coop

>mfw this is the actual resolution you play with on your fisher price calculator

Threadly Reminder.