I secretly want one of these. They're one of the most godawful ugly bumper-car looking shits of a car, but I want one

I secretly want one of these. They're one of the most godawful ugly bumper-car looking shits of a car, but I want one.

Has anyone ever driven a Prowler? Do they even exist anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

allpar.com/fix/engines/SRT-Prowler-project.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

damn what a trip, i remember that thing. i had a great little RC car as a kid of that car, same color too. i would always crash it into walls on purpose for some reason.

what the hell even happened to em

shame if they had managed to fit a V8 into it from the factory and actually put chrome bumpers instead of those horrid plastic shits it would have been mint.

Great idea horribly executed

Neighbor down the road used to own one. It was god awful ugly and he had a half Prowler trailer that didn't compliment the car in anyway whatsoever.

Does someone make a Howler conversion kit for this thing? My dick would be diamonds if someone makes one

The plastic bumpers are what kills it, in my opinion. It's such a stand-out design, and then they put this Power Wheels-lookin bumper construction on the front. Maybe it was a weight/safety issue, but it looks dopey.

I think you're right. Can we get a photoshop of those nasty bumpers removed? I think it might look good then.

Just look up a picture of a Plymouth Howler

People take the bumpers off all the time, just google image prowler and you'll find a lot.

Not bad. Almost prefer the hokey bumpers, though.

its not legal tho

No shit

Nanny state pls go

The Prowler is the forgotten god machine.

Man I wish companies took more risks again so we can get cool shit like this

my first car had the exact same engine as this car

and it was fun as fuck, that being said i spent over $4,000 in repairs

keep in mind that the frontal hose assembly likes to leak and if it does you pretty much have to pull the engine

also there are NO AFTERMARKET MODS FOR THIS ENGINE AT ALL NONE

>>V6 Only
>>Automatic Only
>90's Chrysler
Why the fuck would anyone want one

Because 'what the fuck is that'

no one asked you faggot

allpar.com/fix/engines/SRT-Prowler-project.html

Because I don't have my head shoved so far up my ass that I can only drive MANUAL CARS WITH THE BEEFIEST MOST ALPHA ENGINE

people have swapped v8s into them
beat me to it

>v6

Drove one; utter shit. ZERO sense of size, shit acceleration. They look ok, though, so 2/10.

They're literally all the shortcomings of the DeLorean 10 years later.

>spend $20k+ buying a stock prowler
>spend another $20k+ custom fitting a HemiĀ®
Wow, so worth it let me tell you.

Or, you could just build your own 1930's roadster that isn't electronic bullshit and impress boomers even more, since that's all the Prowler is good for anyway.

There's a dude with a yellow one who works somewhere by my work and he DD's it. I see the thing at least once or twice a week behind me or in front of me for the couple blocks to or from work.

So yes, they do exist.

i saw one of these the other day, i was confused
i guess it's a real car

took one on a spin when a baby boomer was looking to trade in
>first thing i notice was goofy as fuck gauges
they are all in the middle of the dash except the tach looks like an aftermarket steering column gauge pod.
>on a fucking autotragic only car
wtf chrysler, i literally thought the owner slapped an aftermarket tach on it.

for the price of that piece of shit you could buy a first gen viper

wrong pic

What the fuck was up with Chrysler and that damn 1.5 DIN shit

>fuck spending money on a car that you want!
>spend money on a car that you don't want!

Not like people who have pipedream purchases are stockpiling cash for them. They're fantasies that people would indulge in if they, say, won the lottery or were just sitting on thousands of dollars with nothing at all left to buy.

youre right. some people just want to be gay, and thats ok.

reminds me of the early BMW made MINI's