Dodge Neon SRT-4

I've heard that this car is a massive piece of shit, but can be made to go berry berry fast.

My question to you, Veeky Forums: given that these bad boys go for 5000-7000 for one that runs but has probably been molested, is it worth it to buy one just to have a beater that goes way too fast for the crash rating it has? Seems like some cheap and dangerous fun to me.

Anyone own one? Any common problems I should look for?

Other urls found in this thread:

stowaway.us/srt/acrvsm3-mphmag.html
ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/neon2004fsm.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>5000-7000
>fucking neon
>mfw

3k for a Civic that is far more reliable and better looking.

i'm in a very average west coast town and no Civic before 1985 is going for 3k

>doesn't read my post

reliability and looks aren't really what I'm looking for.

looking for something fast that I can beat on. neon srt-4 would blow a 3k civic into smithereens in that respect

>neon srt-4 would blow a 3k civic into smithereens in that respect
Yeah but its still a Dodge fucking Neon. If your going to invest money into a car with the intent of making it fast, have some self respect.

Go to bed Caden

i am not a fan of the 2.4 while it is pretty cool high litter/turbo, the problems are with the eutectic pistons... you are better off with another fwd shit box you can add a turbo too

>Dodge Neon
vs
>1990s Honda that any trashbag with a worn down key can get in and start

They're actually great cars if you find one that isn't beat to fuck within a inch of its life, and can deal with lots of wheelspin. Find a 04-05 for factory LSD. Mopar Stage 3 kits took them to 350-360whp with a warranty so they're not that poorly built. Could also look for a LS1 F-Body (automatics especially are cheap).

ehhhhh its fast in a straight line but if you want handling go for cobalt ss/ion redline. you can get a decent amount of power and have bugerring handling for cheap
>2007 Ion Redline

Ion redlines are fucking sexy. cool car user.
Yours didnt come with a wing?

>A Dodge neon would blow away a Civic any day
Not with the the few subtle mods that I have installed.

You're going about it all wrong. You buy a base model, slap a turbo onto it, run the boost to the threshold and fit the shitty estate body kit you can on it.

Costs less than an SRT-4 and will make people a lot more mad. Just find one that's been owned by an old fuck.

>estate body kit

He's talking about the Neon SRT-4, not the Caliber SRT-4

Hilarious autocorrect.

this whole thread is based on the WRONG assumption that the neon is a fast car and can be made to go fast

if you are sweating a 5000-7000 price tag and dont have a cool 10k-12k sitting around that neon will never break 13 seconds on a quarter mile

and it will fly off the road the second you challenge any light rwd car on the touge

You are full of shit. The ion redline is a huge turd, and the SS/SC is not much better.

The 04/05 srt4 neon came with LSD stock and was capable of running 13s from the factory. It is a much better track car too.

And that's not even considering that ACR model that had 16" wheels and adjustable struts from the factory.

The SRT4 is a seriously underrated car considering it was 20k new. It blew other cars in its price range out of the water when it came to performance.

Like I said, SRT4 could run high 13s stock.

Dodge seriously underrated the power of the 2004/2005.

>can be made to go fast
no, they're a shitbox with a turbo slapped to it so people bump the boost to stupid levels making it """fast""" until the engine goes boom then continue dumping more money than the car is worth into it. they up the boost, blow the engine, and continue this process until they total the car or sell it to some boy racer like yourself. Better than the sti engine but that's like saying hiv is better than cancer.
just because it comes with a turbo and some people bump the boost with no shits given about the repercussions, doesn't mean it'll work for you too because you're probably some broke neet teenager faggot who thinks video games accurarly depict real life.

>touge

post discarded

i never saw no saturn being compared to the e46 m3

stowaway.us/srt/acrvsm3-mphmag.html

Yeah most people on here don't know what they are taking about.

Stop liking what I don't like; the post

>Leased autotragic tC

Yeah, your opinion doesn't matter

Dude. You can start a dodge neon with a flat bladed screw driver and a pair of needle nose pliers.

ss/sc is the same fucking car as the redline...

I owned a black 04 Srt4 for about 10 years. Best money ever spent. There are assholes all over that talk crap about this car yet never even owned one or have driven one. The engine is strong as hell and the turbo maybe be small but damn spool time is quick and boost starts building at 2k rpms. The transmission is also reliable if you know how to shift. Practice regular maintenance and this car will last a good while. i sold mine at 130K miles and it was still running strong. If you are looking to buy one id go with one that is kept as stock as possible and do upgrades yourself.

OK sprout listen up they are quite fast cars, the figures dodge posted are to the wheel also 04/05s have 5-10 extra whp/wtq the 04s are the fastest, 03s have weak axles 05s have trouble accepting mods (pcm). If you get the diablosport tune that's 40 extra HP/tq the LSD on them is high quality and the halfshafts are equal length! Now for the bad lots of bad. I cant be added to take 1/2

>actually liking a dodge neon
LOL

*I can't be assed to take the pictures but I got this srt4 at 90000 miles 3rd owner and its completely stock yet lots of problems. First of all wiring is all bad dodge put some PDC wiring underneath the car right where it scrapes first on the road, dodge also failed on putting some TPS wiring RIGHT BEHIND THE CLUTCH so depressing it over time cuts it. Continued

I had to pull the engine out and have the head remilled to spec while opening and cleaning everything, turns out the previous dumbass owner didn't know about the notorious dodge #2 cylinder problem (you will have it) new gasket later I had to rebuild the turbo.. What else...the brake booster line has a tendency to pop off leaving you with no P brakes (tie it down) OOO last that I can think of off tip of my head, because the motor mounts go bad so quickly the tranny suffers from the engine bouncing around. This causes 3rd gear to be notchy and eventually pop out, don't let braindead morons tell you install an extender you need to replace the 3/4th gear shift forks goodnight nword

>he got walked by a SRT Neon

You bought a 3 owner turbo car.... You should of seen this coming.

here so you stop making this thread
ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/neon2004fsm.html

go to service manual

kek i needed that

i knew what i was getting myself into. but its for real, just today i replaced the PCV (pic inc) and it was completely broken no baffle system at all

Best bet get a nice 1 owner integra gsr I did (better be all stock)

This car looks like a fucking eagle. The more I look at it the more appealing it gets. Prob can't find one in good shape up here in the frozen north.

>I'm retarded: the post

Yeah, post your car faggot.

I don't own an SRT-4, I own a Fusion but I've driven several SRT-4s and know you're just a retard parroting dumb shit about something you have no clue about

>the ion redline is a huge turd, and the SS/SC is not much better.
Any evidence to back that up faggot?