>Argue about Mopar vs ferd vs chebby

Other urls found in this thread:

huntsville.craigslist.org/pts/5890462238.html
cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5910922759.html
aa1car.com/library/vibrations.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=Eab_beh07HU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

repostan because old thread is going to 404

if you have no idea where it went then most likely a previous owner did the kickdown delete.

The kickdown on a c6 is on the same shaft as the shift linkage(driver side), The vacuum modulator is on the passenger side. Look close at that pic, you'll see a shaft that protrudes outside of the shift lever, that's where the kickdown should have went(I deleted it).

You don't have to run a kickdown, and they only really kick down below 45mph I think anyway, and that's only at WOT. You do however need to keep the vacuum modulator unless you run a full manual valve body. This controls the shift timing and shift hardness just like what said.

My dad used to talk about the olds rocket 88 he had, was that what they called the engine, I remember him saying how fast it was.

I'll check. It's weird. When the transmission is cold, of you are sitting at about 36mph (I have 4.11s) while going up an incline at part throttle the transmission will flutter between gears. Is this something to worry about?

Yeah the engine is called the Rocket. The model of car was the 88. Oldsmobiles were some of the coolest cars around back in the 50s and 60s

Well it's not doing your clutch packs any favors. Push a little harder or ease off so it doesn't do that.

Yeah that's what I do

I saw a mint '63 Oldsmobile 98 hardtop coupe yesterday. That's a great looking car, and the 394 it had just sounded smooth

could be the vacuum modulator. they have different color modulators for different purposes.

Or the shift springs.

I've got the truck going to a shop today, I'll see if I can take a look

First time posting my old boat. 1976 Buick Electra Limited 455.

Very clean. I like it

Now that's a slab

Thanks man I try.
Fuckin' A it is. All 18 and a half foot of her is stock spec. Got her for 500 dollars and have another 2500 in already. This is my first car that I've bought and maintained myself so I'm quite proud. Just need to replace the headlight brackets(?) cause one eye is lazy and find the leak in the air ride and she'll be perfect.

Great party cars. Comfy as fuck for long distance. Simple. Me like.

Not mine, but i want one like this.

>tfw no 53' f100

I found a screw laying next to the 5 is it supposed to go in there?

The screw

Is it the same as the other bolts?

Not that I can see, there is another hole to the left of it that is empty too

Nvm i see where it goes

I'm in MA, finding jack shit here
eh well

>tfw 5.3 swap SOON.

Nice

Looking at buying this 85 Acadian (Canadian chevette) with 85000 Kms. Asking price is $1100, i love these old shitboxes but I'm worried it will be an unreliable POS . Should I?

Damn it even has a leaf on it

A FUCKING LEAF

If it has the unserviceable air filter in the American Chevette, you're going to need to replace it with an aftermarket air filter housing that can be serviced by the driver.

Replaced the garbage rear air shocks in my Eldorado today with some nice gas jawns

That screw hole in the manifold is for brackets and what not. Throttle linkage brackets, mostly, but on the other side some manufacturers mounted the intuition coil there.

Tell me more about your Eldorado.

How old is this pic? What happened to the tunnerl ram?
I usually hate the 80's style square headlights on something that didnt come with them, but they look pretty cool on that.

Yes to this

I demand more

The pic I posted was a new one I found off of a facebook group from the guy who owns it

It does look pretty sweet not gonna lie, it just works with the grill and parking lights

Talked with a guy about a '78 Diamond Jubilee Mark V. He wants $1250 for it; no engine or transmission, and it needs a LOT of work, but it's one of the rarest editions of one of my favorite cars.

Talk me out of it.

not worth it not worth it not worth it not worth it

iktf bro

Think about all the cocaine that can be bought for that exact amount of money.

Think about all the hookers that can be bought with the money it'll take to fix that up.

AbsolutamenteDelicioso.jpg

No.
nononononononononono

if you're going to go through that much trouble you might as well just get two of them for around that price.

huntsville.craigslist.org/pts/5890462238.html

I wish there were one near me for a DECENT price...

tfw no miles to empty

This one has that; it has nearly every single option I want on one.

How's $1500 for this?

Pic is actual pic of the truck, bottom piuc is how it came from the factory. I'd love to get it to look like that. So 80's.

If it runs, and the wiring want some by someone who is colorblind if he on that like white on rice

>phoneposting

if it has below 200k and rust-free, that's a steal. i'd consider it at that price even if it had a lot of miles. even better if it's manual

Honestly though.

But I'd buy it

Picture came out like ass. Finishing up the other side now. It's an 85, cloth seats, no vinyl top (which looks way better than with, IMO). Has the nightmare HT4100 which has NOT (knock on wood) given me any trouble, I bought it from an old guy who always used the coolant pellets that take up the slack for the aluminum block. 150k miles. A lot of people blew these up at 20k 20 years ago. I'm proud of her. Winter car, FWD.

Forgot pic

>wood stove in the garag
COMFY
O
M
F
Y

The interior is maximum comfort and super clean.

Dat super tiny tranny hump

Awesome

Yes, it's a 4 speed manual, runs with original 351 engine. No idea about the mileage.

here's a nasty engine shot.

It's got the 4 barrel Holley at least so that's a bonus

Why do I have such a fetish for the '77/'78 Lincoln Mark V?

because you're a closet oil baron.

Yo who doesn't

I assume you have facebook. Go join this page "1970's Great American Land Yacht"
70s Lincolns are posted so much and I fucking love it

The only reason I have one is to talk car stuff with car guys.

I did a bit of math and, adjusted for inflation, the '78 Lincoln I'd want would have cost $57,421.28. I love the cars, but I would never pay that much for one. I'd never pay more than $15,000.00 for an absolutely perfect example, either.

On a similar note, my Excalibur was almost $100,000.00 when new; adjusted for inflation.

The creator of the page likes to post ads from craigslist, ebay and such for big old boats.
It's interesting seeing what goes for what price, but then you also get to see the people who must have been high as fuck with how much they are asking for a vehicle

>my used cars were expensive when they were new

Fuck Hagerty!

I tried getting classic car insurance and I liked their youtube videos and what they were doing for classic cars. At least it looks like they are interested in the hobby.

>I fill out a fucking essay and a shit ton of questions
>Have to take a picture of car
>Meet all criteria, excellent driver
>Have to submit an application, and they will get back to me later.

So a little back story. I live in Los Angeles, CA. We have no winter, it rains maybe 1 day out of the year (jk.) and I daily my (2) motorcycle(s) every day of the week since traffic is so atrocious. I just have a classic for the occasional weekend I don't want to be a stay at home autist.

>Hagerty asks me if I have any other vehicles that I could daily
>Tell them my motorcycles...
>They tell they can't insure me because I need to have a daily driveable cage.
>wtf? What kind of bullshit is that. I understand fly over states can't daily a motorcycle, but I can ride my bicycle to work if I wanted to.

I had 2 classic cars that I wanted to insure too... Fuck those bitches.

Every major insurance company has Classic car specific policies. Grundy is the other classic car insurancd company I can think of. Who insures your motorcycle regularly?

Was parked 25 years, very original street survivor. Almost a GTO.

USAA for one. The other is Progressive under written by USAA. Progressive's classic car insurance is underwritten by Hagerty and I got sent there only to get denied.

So I went back to USAA and got approved same day with just a VIN. No pictures required or a million stupid questions. Insurance pisses me off sometimes. They are essentially all in bed with each other for the most part.

Lmao i just snapped a few pics and told hagerty i would drive mine half the week, $117 a year.

cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5910922759.html

Wanted to do one of these for years, but I don't have the space or the skills needed to make it beautiful again. :(

1968 Ford XL GT convertible with original 428 engine.

You want a 2+2 smogged rubber bumper 280z?

So I just looked more into it and apparently USAA offers classic car insurance too. It is underwritten by American Collectors and it is half the price Hagerty was quoting me ($118). I'm going to call them up and probably switch. It just seems so annoying. I just want to insure all my vehicles under one company, not some underwritten stuff that sends me 3 different places. But it is cheaper though.

jesus he should pay you to remove that shit pile.

why does /ccg/ like these land yachts? they arent even the good land yacht. To each their own i guess.. ive never owned one, so what do i know

pic related: good land yacht

cartel/10

very nice. you should daily the shit out of that

Don't tell them you want to daily it, it's an insane liability because no safety equipment.
My car doesn't even have seatbelts.
The reason they want pictures is so that they can insure you with the knowledge that there is no nitrous system installed.

putting in seatbelts takes like 10-20 minutes...

Yeah well fuck that

I always have a worry that my lap belts only car will be the end of me. I think I'm gonna end up smashing my stupid face on that solid steel steering column.

What's the point in seatbelts if you have a steering column ready to spear you?

so it'll keep you in one place. Less trouble for the paramedics who have to clean it up, and the car can be resold

Fuck that, if ima die i want as much of me smeared across as much of the earth/my belongings possible.

Looks great on the outside, hopefully the guy isn't hiding anything from you. If it runs anywhere near as good as it looks then $1500 is an unusually good deal.

That image is from a time before. Feels.

mane i luve this car so much
i do miss this yellow tho. such a shy color.

what's winter been like for you cats, mines been bretty cold

Cold, without heat, insulation, carpeting or weather stripping.

My entire car has been whistling at speed as of late.

The weekend of Dec 10th and 11th was chaotic in my area, we got ~2 ft of snow in two days which hasn't happened in many years here, but since then we've made it back above 0° and the snow has started melting. Winter in the Fraser Valley is always a shit show, the weather isn't even close to as extreme as most parts of Canada, but because we're so used to easy winters nobody ever prepares for the season, and when they do sneak up on us the entire area becomes a warzone. This morning I hit three patches of black ice on the way to work, first time this year, going to be taking it slow today.

most excellent so far
>tfw election is over I can finally live a normal life and focus on my pile again

Cold. My heater is getting installed as we speak though. No insulation and no weather stripping sucks

Also took Big Red out for its first rip in the snow last weekend, so much fun sliding around on frozen ponds. It's probably already too late to do it again, shit melts fast.

Lads the steering wheel of my beetle starts vibrating like a motherfucker when I do about 80 kmh (~50 mph). Does this mean the tires need rebalancing, or is this just a quirk of older cars?

Could be that, could be fucked bushings, could be a mixture of both

Good write up on diagnosing vibrations, at least as a starting point:
aa1car.com/library/vibrations.htm

Usually if it comes and goes with speed it's your tires. Does it continue or get worse past 50?

This is now the theme of the thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=Eab_beh07HU

>not marky mark
scum

If repeating digits kit Kat crashes at the Colorado meet

confirmed