Whose taking advantage of the dip in metal prices?

>tfw bought 160oz of silver today

Gold is under $1200
Platinum is in the $900 range
Silver is ~$16.XX with black friday premiums at 59c per oz, or less

THIS IS THE TIME TO BUY IF YOU'VE WANTED TO ANONS, not even shilling.

Are we gonna see them go any lower? Why have you non-metal fags not bought gods gift to human wealth and trade yet? Theres literally no excuses, how will you ever recover?

Other urls found in this thread:

jmbullion.com/1-oz-silvertowne-retro-eagle-silver-bar/
investopedia.com/terms/e/etf.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Im really tempted to buy some Silver Maples. They're nearly $100 US a roll cheaper than 6 months ago.

I'm going to strike after the Fed rate rise.

It's almost time to pull the trigger for end of year precious metals bargain deals.

I dont think they're gonna raise rates, they NEVER do... I think this is as good as it gets. Someone convince me differently, I might save up and buy more if its going down

Previous 2 analyses.

Updated. The pain isn't over yet. There's a speedbump at $15.95 and there could be a buy there, but I wouldn't load boats until $15.23. This the 100% measured move of the recent range in red and it matches up with some consolidation from earlier this year.

Also, above 16.89 may be a bullish signal, above 17.24 the downtrend is over, and above 17.72 every single recent short will be out.

^^I feel like the above is just baseless speculation, you're the opposite of an old man who tells you it'll be $400/oz before christmas

FUCK

i missed today's dip guys

APMEX is/was selling at spot for black friday...

Personally, I believe the price of gold will continue to decline slowly until the end of 2016, where it will bottom out. Then I plan on nibbling my way into a pile of it.

My silver and gold miners have crashed fucking hard since April/May when I bought.

Down 20-40%. They're half of my CDn portfolio.

What lead you into that conclusion?

Waiting for 1050. Maybe even sub 1000. Then buying plenty and holding untill it goes up by 30 percent.

Hang in there brother
Banking on euro going to hell in the next 5 years

I'm in the exact same position as you, not sure what to do now. Debating whether I should just sell and take my losses and try to rebuy later if it keeps going down, or just keep holding and hoping it recovers.

>mfw CNBC
>"gold is down meme"
>buy 152 shares JNUG on Wednesday
>Turkey time
>JNUG opens friday up 6%
>sell
>immediately falls
>buy again

If you always do the opposite of what the tv tells you to do you'll be fine.

Goys, a financial crisis in the US is overdue, and we should be expecting one any day, or at least within the next few years. Wouldnt it be nice to have some of your wealth in a form that (((they))) couldnt harm?

As someone who just bought their first $100 of silver coins today, how exactly do I reliquidate my silver down the road if I actually continue to invest in it? Is it going to be a huge pain in the ass if I have to get rid of it quickly to pay for a rainy day down the road?

eBay
Pawn Shops
"we buy any Gold" Shops
Physical Gold/Silver dealers
Online Dealers often buy back as well
Private 1 to 1 sales that you arrange

how much are you guys expecting to get back from that stuff? I know melt is a given, but arent premiums gone for good when you sell?

Depends mate
Coins of certain mintage are collectable and will fetch far above spot
Also spot could peak at 40+ again then who cares about today's premiums?

When you come to sell them you will get butt fucked.

Stop buying physical.

eBay seems to hold the premium quite well. If you look on there, prices are usually slightly or WAY above bullion prices from mints or dealers. Whether people are actually buying at that price, however, I can't say.

Why would you buy Gold or Silver and NOT take physical delivery? Vault storage or ETF's are an option but if your don't have the metal in your hand, you don't own shit. Most people buying small scale Bullion aren't looking to flip it for profit in 3 months time, they're in it for the long haul.

when my grandgrandmother got married, she got enough money to buy a whole farm as her inheritance, since she was moving from home.
then wwII came, italian lira collapsed (also a currency in our part of the country, because we were occupied). After that happened, she bought a pair of shoes with all that money.

i'll hold physical, thank you very much

I was buying when it was at $13-$15, saw it hit $20 and decided to hold hoping it would go up - but no luck.

We'll see what the new year brings I guess.

reputable places to buy physical? I have never bought before..

plz no builly

jmbullion.com
apmex.com
providentmetals.com

>remember when Silver hit 21$

wew

So you are saying i should invest in military companies?

>1638777
I remember when Silver was $45. I wonder if that was down to Max Keiser shilling it on RT relentlessly. He seems to have moved onto shilling Bitcoin these days.

You average down

this, but apmex is overpriced as FAWK. JMB has the best sales, you can get silver rounds for 60-90 cents over spot (usually its twice that) and they almost always have them on sale. Highly recommended.

this

Also, I remember reading a story by a German man who said that before the way, a good loaf of bread would cost you 1 Deutemark. After the war, the bread cost you 500,000 DM and he didnt have a wheelbarrow big enough to carry the money to the store to buy the bread.

TLDR fiat curriences ALL fail someday, some make it sooner or later. Even the dollar is incredably weak, for instance:

If your grandfather put aside some money ($20) in the 1920's as a rainy day fund, he had two options on the way how to do it. He could purchase one ounce of gold (then worth $20) and stash it away, or he could put back $20usd.

If he put the gold away, his rainy day fund would now be worth around $1,200.

If he chose the paper money, his rainy day fund would now be worth dinner for two with small drinks at Mcdonalds

or your grandpa bought some fucking legos son.

y not buy silver futures. 1 dollar move = 5000 dollar profit.

And if he had put those $20 in the stock market…
he now would have around $20,000, which is probably enough to buy the whole McDonalds restaurant…

For every guy investing on Apple and IBM, there are 10 investing on enron and Elizabeth Holmes.

This is for investing in the whole market, not stock picking.
with stock picking, the results of 20$ are all over the place, but the whole market always wins.

>tfw lump sum invested indexed all my life and ready to retire in 1998

>tfw vanguard shills will still violently defend this

i think you are right OP last time i was feeling like silver was a buy was in early 2016, i didn't buy any and now im kicking myself in the ass for it, but i think this is another one of those times and im going to go down to the silver dealer and buy some this week.

ONE OUNCE BARS FOR .49 OVER SPOT! THIS IS THE BEST DEAL GOING ANYWHERE RIGHT NOW, NOT EVEN SHILLING, FAWK I MIGHT BUY MORE

jmbullion.com/1-oz-silvertowne-retro-eagle-silver-bar/

UPDATE ON GOLD PRICE:

we are under 1190$

I repeat we are under 1190$

how deep will be the dip guys?

I think the more important question is, what the fuck caused this flash crash down to $1,145. High Frequency Trading?

>flash crash down to $1,145
JESUS WHAT THE FUCK

Earning $20 in the 20s certainly was not as simple as earning $20 today, THAT is the question.

OPEC is ending tomorrow.

They're closer to a conflict than a deal.
Meaning Iran is going to have its way and the oil prices will drop.
Meaning gold will go up.
Don't wait, just buy it TODAY!!!

DO IT TODAY OR YOU'LL BE TOO LATE!!!

>Meaning gold will go up
but what if Iran is cucked?

Why did the Russians back out so all of the sudden?

Why is Saudi-Arabia so pissed?

For God's sake, Think man! THINK!!

well

I noticed that Putin is buying gold like crazy (same with China), so they could possibly know something we don't

...or international jewish finance is going to fuck them up by dropping all the gold they have into the market to fuck China-Russia for good

>to fuck China-Russia for good

ok so what's the best price to buy gold for?

1100$? 1050$? Should I wait until it's under 850$ again?

Where do I buy gold? Do I buy physical or not?

Maybe it's just a matter of gold being a good price to buy at?

Physical is usually safer.

However, it will take you a while to have the bank to order your gold for you. So if you need to trade it fast, just buy gold (spot) on the stock markets.

I advise to buy gold (spot) at this point in time because here's why:

i meant that putin probably thinks that gold price is low if he buys it

Okay I'm game. Where can I buy spot gold? I Googled it and I only see places to buy physical gold.

>use a single extreme example of a country that faced hyperinflation after it was absolutely devastated due to reasons other than fiscal/economic policy
>fiat currence ALL fail

Where you trade your stocks.
You should have an account at the bank or maybe an online bank.
It's under 'commodities'.

Thanks for being patient with a retard like me. Amyways, GLD looks to be the standard gold etf. This is what I should put some money into right ?

Yes.

Here, for more understanding on what you're about to buy:
investopedia.com/terms/e/etf.asp

>implying thats the only example of a fiat currency failing, and that the short history is fiat currencies is filled with anything except failure

I'm bagholding a junior mining stock that has taken a beating with gold prices lately (bought at 1.70 and it's .90 right now. Do you guys think they will crash even further, should I sell and rebuy at a lower price? Or just hold and wait it out?

maples milk spot like a bitch, just get bullion...all the semi numis (besides pandas) usually just get spot when you sell them

Id wait it out, and just buy physical in the future. No matter what, if you hold it long enough through the worst of times you can still get your money back. With the alternative, you can lost most/all of your investment permanently.

Id expect prices to edge lower till Trump is in and the euro zone starts its volatile elections

Sometimes its worth picking up limited edition coins since collectors will pay premium for them. Maybe not pandas since they minted millions post 2010

Britannias aswell. All my Eagle's are spot free after 2 years. You can clean off the milk spots but its a bitch. How do they effect the resale value do you know? Can't imagine people want coins with that shit.

if youre talking about maple privys then yea its KIND of worth it if they are slabbed, by with their tendency to milk spot, people pay less for them
first rule is never clean them, if it happens some people will pay a little over if they happen to be key dates or they are trying to finish a set, but youre right. people tend to shy away from the spotted coins especially since it just bullion anyway

Gold is above 1190$ again guys

is the dip over? i clearly see the pattern that occured at the end of may/beginning of june - just on th bigger scale

if gold starts rising again it will reach 1400-1500$

who cares, thats like a 1% drop on something that changes every day. You guys will learn, changes like this mean NOTHING they just happen... every day..

This or jdst is basically all i do same strategy

Gold is tied to the oil price via gold futures, cheaper oil means cheaper gold.

QUICK UPDATE: OIL IS SURGING AND GOLD IS DROPPING IN PRICE

they are closer to deal now

fortunately i didn't sell my stocks to buy this worthless metal

anyone watching oil?

what's happening?

it's literally the opposite of what everyone expected

gold is on it's way to 1100$ now

oil is 10% up and near 50$

FUCKING INSANE

Seriously considering going deep into metal at 1000

Holy shit, it just fell off a cliff! I hope both Gold and Silver continue to fall for the next few months though. Means I can buy more for less.

What makes you want to buy metals? what determines what price you'll pay?

Trumps the real deal. The US dollar will surge. commodities will drop. look whats happening when he's not even officially in office yet.

Protects my wealth against a collapsening. Preserves my purchasing power against inflation and devaluation of Fiat. Little nest egg for my old age should we avoid a collapse. I would buy metal at any price as long as it remains affordable but prefer it cheaper obviously. My strategy is slow and steady accumulation whenever I have a little extra as opposed to buying in bulk on dips.

I would say to that, current moves are based on speculation and hopes rather than anything material. The markets are trying to price in future potentials. Should congress not approve trumps stimulus or we have a deadlock surrounding raising the debt ceiling or the Fed doesn't raise rates or any other such event then the wind can quickly change direction.

Move in gold has more to do with real rates moving positive than it does with the USD

Although the strong USD is obviously a headwind too

Goys, nothing fell off a cliff. Thats at most a few percent drop. What will you be saying when it shoots up $20-$30 in a day? World is ending?

This happens ALL THE TIME. literally daily. I'd consider swings of $10-$15 either way normal business with gold. If this freaks you out for some reason, it might not be a comparable investment for you.