Helping stranded motorist

Does Veeky Forums help starnded motorists?

Like fixing their car?

Letting them use your cell phone?

Giving them a ride?

Males too? Or only females?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qbAyLyJH5J8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i gave jump start but that's it

Considering that breakdown cover is cheap?
Not unless I know them.
And even then, only if it's something I can fix.

My mother once tried to help a crashed motorist, and nearly got carjacked. And I believe that if you don't maintain your shit, you deserve what you get.

I only stop for someone if It's either very cold or very hot. Or if they are hurt

And even that is rare for me, Most of the time I'll just keep driving.

I helped one lady last winter that plowed into a tree on a rural road while it was snowing. She had a 4-7yo with her and the kid's head was bleeding (presumably from not wearing a seat belt). While I was talking to her I could smell liquor on her breath so I told her to go sit in my car and stay warm with her daughter and I would call a tow truck. Called the police instead

She was VERY mad when the police pulled up behind my car lol
The police arrested her for a DUI and felony firearm (she had a loaded shotgun behind the bench seat)

Depends on the situation. In most cases no.

>Like fixing their car?
No fucking way

Letting them use your cell phone?
No, but I could call assistance for them.

Giving them a ride?
Maybe in a critical situation like a snowstorm on a mountain.

Males too? Or only females?
Both, unless something crashes with my prejudices

Damn, someone stole my memay-arrows.

only if white.

Good call. Me too

Around blacks never relax

I help them as long as I have my glock on me and I don't get any bad vibes off them, I usually have a large tool set and jumper cables in my car.

No, it's a personal policy of mine to not stop and help people since most of them are useless shit bags. I pay for AAA membership and that is who I would call if I was broken down or stranded. I would expect them to do the same.

Only way I am pulling over to help someone is if it is some severe accident where they might be injured so I can call 911 for them. Otherwise, fuck off

this

>Only way I am pulling over to help someone is if it is some severe accident where they might be injured so I can call 911 for them.

Don't even do that if you live in America. If you move them or adjust something they can claim you furthered their injury and sue you. If you are a doctor you especially shouldn't stop. Just keep driving, you didn't see it.

I stop and help everyone because I was in a horribly shitty situation once and some random stopped and helped me out in a big way.

post story

holy shit

I hope one day all 3 of you get stranded and some black dude helps you poor souls

Who the fuck gets stranded in the current year?

don't think chickenwings could fix my car.

I was actually thinking about this very scenario on the way to work this morning. I've been through some combat life saver courses and feel confident in my level of training, but I don't know if I would want to risk a lawsuit trying to help someone who got injured in a car accident.

I never said anything about helping them. I just said I would call 911 for them

I'll help anyone as much as I can with anything unless they have eastern-european plates and there is not a lit of traffic. Never trust'em

I've helped people jump start their cars but that's it.

If their car has had a major mechanical fault then you wont be able to help them at the road side.

And of course if the weather was shit I'd offer to give them a lift, providing I can fit them in.

doing gods work user

Fuck people like that lady.

if theyre having trouble at a gas station ill offer help through my open car window, just passing by

If theyre on the high way then theyre fucked, im not about to have some super bitch jump in her car and lock the doors and call the police on me

Alternatively im not about to get assaulted by an angry dude with a flat tire or "its alright bro i got it"

I helped out a guy who drove into a snow bank on the highway last winter in his B8 Audi, as I had my shovel with me.

>driving a fwd Audi

heh

I have also helped out people who are stuck in their parking spot because the plow has pretty much walled them in.

> eastern-european plates

Not even Estonian?

Some states such as nc where i live have good samartin laws that state that if you help a person out of a life threatening situation you cannot be sued or arrested for doing so.

Now now, im pretty racist, but 3 days ago i pulled a blacks mans Explorer out of the middle of the road. He seemed like a nice fellow. Usually you can tell the difference between scum and good people.

Not until you talk to them/notice how they are dressed.

Those are very few and in between.

There are more dindu niggers then blacks with actual jobs. At least where I live

I would never help a black person just because of that 75% risk It's a nigger and I'm going to get robbed of my car and wallet

If im not in a hurry and its not a major road i always stop to see if they need help. I've only had one bad incident but it wasn't that bad. Usually they tell me they have it and i keep on rolling. I do concealed carry so im not that worried about getting robbed. Plus ive been helped a couple of times myself. Usually just with pushing the stalled car out of the road.

The story about the bad time i was leaving work and a guy comes up to my car wondow asking to use my phone to call the cops. I tell him ill be happy to call. Esoecially after he told me he was shot at. After making sure the area was clear i call 911. When i ask for his name they guy clams up and tells me to hang up. I dont and tell the 911 dispatcher where i am. Which is right outside work. The cops show up and apparently the guy is the town drunk and he was just released from jail a few days before. They check me and my firearms out. Then when the guy overhears I have a concealed carry permit he says I shot at him. The cops believe me since all my guns are clean and fully loaded. An hour later i leave and go home. My wife now ex doesnt believe me and the guys at work all had a good laugh the next day.

Nope
Poles, Slovakians and Czechs are alright.

Sorry mate; your country is just too full of thieving shits

I understand

t. virolaine

>tfw even lower than polaks

I once stopped some idiot lady from popping her radiator cap at the gas station, does that count?

>ive pulled 5 randos out of snow
>gave 4 randos jump starts
>even took one qt on the side of the road across town so she could get to work on time
>tfw one time see person having car troubles in the middle of the night in the right lane
>roll up on older caddy, assume its old person
>6'2 nigger comes out of the shadows, about to nope the fuck out
>"aye man can you help me push my car into the parking lot", reluctantly nod and start pushing 5 mins later after my gf got out and helped we push this heavy ass land yacht into a parking lot
>nig nog gets out the car and hands me a crisp $20 bill and a handshake "tanks due"

if it's a flat and I got my kit in the trunk, sure

if you do oil changes and spark plugs at regular intervals your alternator will never die unexpectedly

kek

Only if it's a hot chick

I haven't ever helped somebody on the side of the road, but once someone helped me. I suck dick at greentexting so I apologize in advance.

>be me, 17
>live in Upstate NY
>hanging out at my friend's house playing some Star Wars Battlefront II
>it's getting dark and I need to be back at my place to write a paper so I call it quits and head for my car
>my friend's house has a tiny 2-car driveway so I parked my shitbox on the adjacent land
>little did I know that aside from the thin raised strip of land that I'd parked my car on, the plot turns into a bog after a decent rain
>and it had just rained the day before
>I swing my car around
>I'm able to do a 180 before my shitbox slows and stops
>its little pathetic FWD shitbox wheels spin uselessly in the mud
>fug :DDD

>walk back to my friend's place
>"Hey bro, I kinda got my car stuck in your yard."
>his face when
>my friend, his parents, my other friend and I all go out and try to push the car out of the bog
>it's_no_use.mp3
>friend gets his Civic in an attempt to pull the car out but my shitbox has no place to hook a tow cable so it's a fruitless effort

>it's late as fuck and I'm having to face the fact that I'd have get a ride home and tell my parents what had happened
>they'd be angrier than a Robot denied his tendies so I was really dreading it
>just as we were about to give up for the night, a huge lifted pickup truck turns off the road and pulls into the yard
>Bane's redneck cousin hops out of the oversized cab
>he's at least 6'8", Veeky Forums, dressed in ERDL fatigues and extremely loud
>I tell him about my stranded shitbox
>"Shiiiiieeeeeeet, lemme go grab my buddies and we'll push yer car out! We're just down the road, I'll be back in 5."
>peels out as he speeds off into the night

>sure enough, five minutes later we hear the rumble of a diesel engine
>truck pulls up, Bane and five other big guys pile out of the cab
>I climb into my shitbox and get ready to hit the gas while Bane and co. push
>within seconds the car is free
>offer to give the guys some beer money as thanks
>"Shit, we weren't doin' nothin' tonite anyway. Don't worry about it."
>y-you too
>the rednecks crammed themselves into the truck and sped into the neighboring church's parking lot, proceeded to do a few donuts and then disappeared as quickly and noisily as they'd appeared

they had literally no reason to stop and help me but they did, and I'm really thankful for that.

Years ago my friend and I were driving in a rural area and saw a guy who dropped his bike, it was half on the road and half on the embankment, he was a bit bloodied up, was wearing an open face. I couldn't tell if he was drunk or just dazed, but he was out of it. We helped him get the bike up, he got on it, hit the throttle, and IMMEDIATELY went right off the side of the embankment, this time like 10 feet down. We got it up again, the guy swears he is ok, drives off swerving everywhere, I follow him for a bit but he is so all over the place that I was 100% sure he was going to wreck again, blew past him across a double yellow to make sure I wouldn't feel bad for not helping when it happened.

what about litvaks?

no

i don't want to get raped. im a guy though

Where in upstate NY?

I only ask people with fun cars.
I have pushed many Rx7's.
Most people I ask don't want any help.
One time a random dude on a mountain road with a fat girl asked me to give him a ride to his car.

I used to not give a fuck, but I changed my tune after I was stranded on the side of the highway with a clogged fuel filter and a dead battery. Dude pulls up in a 77 ventura and gave me a jump.

I still see his ventura around town from time to time but haven't had the chance to talk to him again.

>called cops on a nice mother with hurt kids in the car
You dirty f-

>she was drinking

Oh, you did good then user!

>crashed motorist
>nearly got carjacked

What the fuck?

>Brosifine
kek

LOL fucking no.

If I'm driving, I have plans to be somewhere. You're responsible for your own shit.

At the very least ill stop and ask you all good.

Gave a random bike bro a lift to his place since his bike shit out at the entrance to my subdivision when I was already leaving anyway

I'll give you a jump or help you pop start shit.

Male or Female doesn't matter. I've had to push my car home solo once its shitty wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Not him, but bandits here fake crashes and try to carjack people who stops to help.

>see car in ditch
>stop to help
>companions appears from nowhere and politely borrows your car, phone and wallet

Police here has even warned people to not stop and help, and call them instead.

Hide my wallet and all personal posessions.

What the fuck is that, some lithuanian gypsy hybrid bred in the back of a horse drawn carriage?

do you read backwards

We call them brotruckers only semi ironically

The world needs more people like you senpai.

What a touching story.

rednecks are great.

You should've given them 20 dollars for some natty light and dip

You know there are a lot more man on man rapes then you think. Men just don't report it for obvious reasons.

Also haven't you heard of the parking lot rapist?

Litvaks = Jews from Lithuania

Literally some of the best fuck buddy sex I have ever had started by helping a girl who broke down on the old i79 Bridge just before the Bayfront in Erie Pa. She was on her way up from Pittsburgh to visit her boyfriend. I fixed her car enough to get it to a Mechanic and then drove her to her boy's place.

Never met one

What are they like?

mostly dead in the holocaust or assimilated israelis

Story time for pulling over for accidents

(yes I already read the posts about people suing you for messing them up after an accident; my conscious decision was he needed help asap. Anyone with more medical experience will most likely point out something I did was wrong, I did the best to my capabilities)

>driving home from work one night
>hear large bang/crash
>suddenly see fireball pass perpendicular across the road about 200ft ahead
>80yr old man pulled infront of biker on harley doing 65
>t-bone
>harley man flies right, flaming harley flies left
>run over to biker
>holy fuck, back of head cracked open, neck screwing to side (amongst many other obvious issues)
>"Im a lifeguard may I help"
>"Yes"
>he was on his side trying to lift head with screwy neck
>stop that
>support neck at same angle its at off road
>fuck head is bleeding shit ton
>rotate slowly keeping neck in place now essentially sitting cross legged with his head in my lap
>use biceps to also apply slight pressure to skull
>fuck man I felt ragged skull
>"ems on its way"
>fucking 7 min wait
>asking questions about his bike, family, children, trying to keep him talking
>lower lung then collapsed (his arm was still in place under his lower side from accident)
>finally some nurse comes and slowly takes his arm from under his side
>breathing better
>ems comes (fucking 2 of them)
>take over inline stabilization
>neck brace
>lift him onto stretcher
>his leg doesnt move with him
>full tib fib break
>leg hanging by calf muscle
>they strap upper body and lower chest
>"Im going to need you to realign that leg"
>fuck me
>alright 1..2..3.. swing
>finally into ambulance
>get hiv/hep/ blood bourne pathogen test days later

Shit fucked me up for a while (I ride too)

Wow. While I commend and appreciate what you did and wish there were more people like you, and if happened to me I would be forever grateful in oweing you my life, I hope to god no one ever takes a casual picture of me like that. Huge fear.

Thats the reason I carry nitril gloves

I remember my first full fracture. You know there is something wrong when the sole of his ski boot is able to touch the rear of the thigh

>old people driving.

I wouldn't help someone FIX a car, because you become liable if you make it worse, but a quick jump is fine, pulling over as a witness to an accident is good too.

as far as helping people who are injured in an accident, there are legal protections even if you accidentally kill someone as long as your actions were reasonable with the intent to help. for ems, fire, and some other emergency qualified personnel there is a legal obligation to stop and help depending on local laws

No ill intentions
I document everything

Except that it's on Veeky Forums now.

No worries, I do NOT blame you and would blame myself for being in that position.

>quick jump is fine

>"Hey man you fried my electronics, what the fuck"

No I actually appreciate it.
Learned a good lesson on Veeky Forums lol

What about nitril pants?

I cant remember having treated anyone with my pants missing, nor getting my legs soaked in blood to the point where infection is a risk

On my way home from work as a apprentice I helped 2 chicks put their spare tire on.

After helping them they gave me a ride to the bus station since I missed my transfer.

That`s why I said hide your wallet, Lithuanian goys are bad enough...

Not even soviets cared about Lithuania

I drive a lot at night and around last call for bars so I've pulled up to more than my fair share of wrecks. Don't feel like greentexting any of the morbid ones right now so I'll go with amusing.

>about 20 minutes after last call
>driving on the frontage road, SUV swerving a bit in front of me
>suddenly jerks sharp left (I think he was trying to get on the freeway but didn't realize there was no entry ramp there)
>see SUV wreck into the concrete barrier of a bridge
>holyfuckshit.mp3
>pull all the way to the right and go past, turn around and drive back to SUV and put my headlights on him
>SUV is now perpendicular with the front of the car sitting on top of the barrier
>go see if he's okay
>smells like a fuckton of alcohol, doesn't have a clue where he is
>check him out and make sure he can feel/move his toes and that there's no serious injury and keep talking to him telling him he's going to be fine and all that
>suddenly he realizes how fucked he is and gets the idea that he needs to flee the scene before the cops her there or his dad is going to kill him
>he's really really drunk and passing in/out, more because of the alcohol than a head injury imo. keep him talking regardless.
>"I'm gonna go, I gotta go, just let me go"
>start thinking that this is going to get stupid and drunky mcdrunkfuck is about to book it down the frontage road
>"okay I'm going thanks man, don't tell them where I went"
>he's still just sitting there
>it dawns on me that this chucklefuck is half dreaming that he's running away without actually going anywhere
>can't pass this up, trying not to laugh, "I got you bro, just keep going, don't stop, you're almost there"
>"Okay I'm going, I'm going"
>keeps repeating this and variations of it as I encourage him until he passes out again
>wake him up
>"Did I make it?"
>"Nah bro, you almost had it"
>at this point he gives up and calls his dad sobbing to tell him what happened
>cops, fire and EMS all show up shortly after

>brief state trooper, tell him I'm armed
>fire goes to my car thinking it was part of the wreck since I'm facing the opposite direction
>shit.exe
>tell trooper I'm be back in a sec and run over to my car and talk to the fire fighters, stay with them for a while telling them what happened since they weren't really needed other than to block the road
>other police departments show up
>they now have him in the ambulance, dad has showed up and tore him a new asshole after seeing he was okay (cool dude, apologizing for raising a fuckup kid, thanks me for helping)
>tow trucks are here, traffic backed up
>one very unwise and drunk retard of the year candidate at the front of the stopped traffic
>apparently gets paranoid begin around so many cops while drunk
>decides the best course of action is to slowly creep forward and try to get around the wreck and emergency vehicles by slowly driving on the right shoulder
>gets swarmed by cops and pulled out of the car
>yephesdrunk.gif
>eventually find original trooper
>"Who are you with?"
>I have no idea what he's asking
>"What department?"
>oh fuck he thought I was a cop the whole time and told everyone else that
>I've been running around the scene of a wreck with impunity while everyone else thought I was a LEO
>tiptopkek
>clarify I'm not and he has me fill out a police report and tells me to get the fuck outta there

And that's the story about when I saw a wreck, encouraged a drunk man to flee the scene in his dream, and participated in a double DUI arrest while everyone thought I was a cop for an hour. Oops.

Jump starts when not inconvenient to me, all classes of people

I demand more

Fucking beautiful man

Drunk driver trying to flee the scene.
All I know is what she told me, and it allegedly happened back in the 70s, way late at night.

Call me racist all you wantbut I live in a state where two people were murdered this year helping "African Americans" who were broken down.

That said, through, someone DID stop and help me when I fell off my motorbike a while ago, so I'd stop and help a fallen biker. I owe the community one, at least, since the guy didn't give me his address and I was too in shock to think to ask for it.
It'd have been kinda stupid for him to not have stopped; I was on my knees blocking one side of the road, and the bike was blocking the other. I only flagged him down because I could see lights coming towards me and didn't want to be hit.
All I needed was my bike locating anyway; damn glasses AND visor had misted over when I stopped moving.

Only if you hook it up backwards. since I have a flashlight and I look at the battery b4 I hook up every time. Seen enough jenky ghetto rigged shit to know to check the battery no matter what. So if it is fried it was b4 i hooked up to it and it wouldn't start anyway

I'm gonna need more of these.

I drive a tow truck so I guess I do help stranded people all the time. and have a quite a few stories, but its not really helping a random person when its my job.

Pic related while I green text this story up

Oh hey, I recognize that sign. You have my attention, user.

Also did you have to do any first aid in any of those more morbid accidents?
Do you have any training?

Here,

I literally told them (ems) I was a pool lifeguard... Which means just cpr/aed/some backboarding.
Ems had me holding cracked skull together and setting compound fractures back together on a stretcher while they held the man down because he was writhing from the pain.
Im 20 and this was my first incident like that and it messed me up in the head for a couple weeks.

>Get call for an extraction.
>NO info in call at all except for its an old explorer on this exit ramp.
>Call up my dispatcher and ask her whats the story with this one. Cause where the fuck do you get an explorer stuck on an exit ramp.
>She says there's no Info in the notes and this guy isn't answering his phone. Just go out there and see if you can help him.
>Roll up to pic related with two cops talking to the dude.
>See that this dude has rolled his car.
>Call up my dispatch to let her know that I'm not pulling this out of a ditch this dude rolled his shit so I'm gonna be here for a while. Probably even have to tow it somewhere.
>Jump out of truck to see what happened.
>Dude says hey man glad to see you and as soon as I get out the cops just leave.
>Guess they had better shit to do.
>Ok dude what happened.
>"I didn't know that this lane was a hairpin 180 turn into the mall not the lane to the road"
>From what I can tell this dude was flying up the ramp way to fast.
>Tried to make this super sharp turn going way to fast.
>Car rolled side to roof then ended up on the other side.
>Climb in through the rear glass since pretty much all the glass on this thing but the windshield is broken.
>Put it back in park and push the e-brake on.
>Tell this dude he's only covered for 3 miles of Towing and its $3 a mile after that. so where are we gonna be going
>Says he doesn't have any money to pay for tow
>Say well I can flip it over and take it 3 miles for free. Since your day is going so shit i'll even take ya 5 miles and call it 3
>He says just flip it back over and well go from there
>Throw some straps around the control arms of the wheels that are towards the sky
>rig up my snatch block to the end of my flatbed so the winch is pulling downward.
>yank on this mother fucker a bit and it starts just slide farther into the ditch till the bottom wheels grab
>bottom wheels grabbed and its starts to tip back over
>It actually came back down pretty ez

end of part 1

part 2

>OK dude where do you want me to take this thing
>"How bad is it?"
>Dude to be honest this thing is totaled
>Roof caved in
>doors are still closed but clearly not aligned right
>"Do you think it will start?"
>ummm...maybe if you didn't trip the inertia switch.
>"Can I try it"
>sure dude your car go for it.
>He can open the driver door
>me and this dude pry the fucking door open
>he jumps in
>FUCKING STARTS FIRST TRY
>well was not expecting that to work
>door will now not close
>he asks what I can do about it
>pull it as close to closed as you can get it and Im gonna jsut kick the fuck out of it
>manage to get the door closed. Don't think its gonna open again
>hes like "I'm gonna jump back on the highway and go"
>slow down boss let me put my bed and shit back up
>Drive it over to that parking lot and take for a spin around the lot before you just jump back on the highway man to see if anything is weird driving it. I'll meet you over there
>Put up bed get my winch spooled back in turn around and this dude and his car are fucking gone.

I like to think that guy made it to where ever he was going, but I will never know.

I've got other stories but nothing is pre typed and I'm slow as fuck at typing

lel

I know what happened to it

youtube.com/watch?v=qbAyLyJH5J8

>Went on call with my dad one day
>He's a wrecker driver
>Go to pick up 2012 Ford F-150
>We get there, it's barely recognizable
>On it's top, all glass shattered, only thing in any decent condition is the bed
>Apparently dude that owned it was a painter
>Fucker was going so fast the truck flipped and rolled for 1/4 mile, can see the paint splatters all the way down the road
>Finally came to a rest after hitting a light pole
>Fucktons of beer in the cab
>Paramedics had already taken the guy away, but there was a drying puddle of blood in the grass.
>I mean, HUGE fucking puddle of drying blood
>Never heard what happened to him
Don't drink and drive, kiddos

>Don't drink and crash, kiddos

fixed

Here's one from a lockout last one for now unless people want more.

>get call to unlock some Honda cant remember what car it was
>show up and find the chick I'm looking for
>How did you get your keys in there?
>They aren't in there I've got them right here
>why am I here?
>they wont open the door
>OK, lets do this
>Unlock car fairly quickly
>alarm going off
>she asks "How do we stop the alarm?"
>Start the car lady or press the unlock button on you fob.
>button doesn't do anything and key wont turn in the ignition
>thatswerid.jpg
>she starts looking in the center console and is like wtf are these papers and change in here.
>look farther down the parking lot
>there's the same care same color same year
>hey let me see your keys
>walk over to other Honda and the key unlocks it and starts it
>she is freaking out now like "what do we do what do we do?"
>look at her relock the Honda I just broke into and say we lock this one and pretend this didn't happen
>give her keys back get in my truck and leave

How do you not know what car is yours?

lol that's wonderful

hahahahahaha

i will admit i've walked toward a car that looked exactly like mine that was parked near where i though my car should be but notice quickly when the button didn't unlock the door

post moar

What are you actually supposed to do in that situation? Call the cops and report you accidentally unlocked the wrong vehicle?

Also since there's a lot of tow truck drivers here, do any of you know what a "15 minute wrecker call" is? I hear it over the radio all the time.